Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is Tenergy 05 still considered the best FH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is Tenergy 05 still considered the best FH
    Posted: 04/22/2013 at 8:00am
Why is Tenergy 05 still considered the best FH rubber overall

I have played with it only briefly and although it provided a little more dwell than my S2 or Sigma Euro, I couldn't understand what the hype was about...keeping in perspective that it costs twice as  much as these rubbers.

Can some Tenergy 05 user enlighten me here?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 8:39am
I certainly don't hope that it provides more dwell than your S2, compared to the S2 Tenergy is considered a somewhat hard rubber. 
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 9:04am
05 is more powerful in counterlooping
when you face a speedy loop going at you, no euro rubber can help you reloop it back with power better than 05
S2 becomes unpredictable after some degree of speed power is achieved
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 9:40am
Bluefire is just as good and nearly half the price.  Tenergy is good for counterlooping but it's very lively for the short game compared to Bluefire.

Edited by kevo - 04/22/2013 at 9:41am
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Why is Tenergy 05 still considered the best FH rubber overallI have played with it only briefly and although it provided a little more dwell than my S2 or Sigma Euro, I couldn't understand what the hype was about...keeping in perspective that it costs twice as  much as these rubbers.Can some Tenergy 05 user enlighten me here?Thanks

I am not sure the reason but in doubles yesterday in a league tourney, there were two balls popped up then looped killed at maximum speed with topspin making the ball dive below the table - I looped killed both back for winners - one from my BH and one from 4H at approximately 6-8 feet back from the table.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 04/22/2013 at 10:07am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 10:09am
i doubt it has more dwell time than S2...
i considered T05 to be good because it is great for opening loops, so much spin, able to lift underspin and also excellent for counter-looping. i do not counter-loop much tho but it does it very well.
RSM Special Platinum T64
chopchopslam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 10:12am
Tenergy is $68 now. Most of these other premium rubbers are around $55. So it's not that horribly priced anymore. And I think the sponge lasts longer than the typical tensor sponges.
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
National Team Pogo LP .6mm
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 11:47am
I don't know about you guys, but I can tell when I'm playing against s/b with T05. The loops come in much harder and faster. The ball jumps high and the torque is substantial. T05 is so easy to loop with and so easy to generate spin, it should be banned. Even lifting heavy underspin is a breeze. 

However, for pushing and short game, it sucks. 
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 12:12pm
As a former user of T05, I can only tell you why I perceived it as a magic rubber,

1: Very easy to generate spin, on all kinds of shots.
2: Seemed like there was no end to how much spin could be generated. With other rubbers, the spin seems to hit the top after 3-4 loops, but with T05, it seemed as the spin continued to increase with each loop.
3: Short game was a breeze compared to other rubbers, I didn't find T05 to be bouncy, or lively, in the short game, which some others do.
4: No unwanted speed boost. I got out what I put in. With other SG effect rubbers, it feels as if the SG effect kicks in at some point, adding some more speed compared to the effort.
The holy grail
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 12:22pm
Still Dhs produce the best forehand rubber in the world. Not like butterfly, Dhs only produce limited quantity of high grade blue sponge like h3 or tg3. The blue sponge really make chinese rubber feel more lively and powerfull specially on counterlooping away from table. With orange sponge it feel dead and need a lot of powerto counterloop. It's the best rubber I have tried and any tenergy series can't compare with blue sponge.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 1:42pm
Really FH rubber?  I thought the #1 player in the world use it on his BH and some super state secret DHS on their FH.

Looks like most of the PRC players keep Butterfly rubbers on their backhand side.  

Took me a while to get use to DHS rubbers, but I'm starting to see their appeal.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
jetrider76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetrider76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 2:22pm
I also love the 05 beacuse the awsome looping carestics and i also like in the short game. i play a really hard/fast blade also hybrid wood nct and i love the power in it whem u smash or do quick flicks with it.
But i prefer the 05 fx over 05 in my blade anyways just a tad slower but with more controll.
I use in on my FH...
Style of weapons....

Cpen Stiga Hybrid wood NCT
Calibra LT sound 2,0 FH
802-40 super soft short pip BH

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 3:31pm
Feel.  Lots of rubbers approach it in performance.  None have the feel.  Of course not everybody likes it, people who do love it.

Edited by Baal - 04/22/2013 at 3:32pm
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

Bluefire is just as good and nearly half the price.  Tenergy is good for counterlooping but it's very lively for the short game compared to Bluefire.
DURABILITY!!! Bluefire changes dramatically after 1 month. Tenergy like Bryan Pace say's has a smooth decline. http://youtu.be/qhkGjXWlNbE?t=2m50s 
Also Bluefire is not as flexible as Tenergy in regards to attacking strokes on the FH. Only likes to be hit a certain way. Tenergy lets you hit it anyway you want.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 6:11pm

05 is the first rubber I have used on my 4h, when I switched to it I didn't need any playing time adjustment.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Feel.  Lots of rubbers approach it in performance.  None have the feel.  Of course not everybody likes it, people who do love it.

I agree with feel, and also durability.  T05 is tops.  I have switched back to inverted on one side for now and have been ejing on club members' rackets.  Power-wise, to me, T05 is no comparison to those Chinese "national" grade smooth rubbers.  I also feel that some of the newer Donic rubbers with 2.5mm sponge are more powerful than the T05.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 6:37pm
cos it does everything for you
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 8:32pm
i can replace it on my FH with a lot of stuff without overall detriment to my game. Tenzone, Rhyzm, M1 or MXP do the same job, not as spiny or jumpy but slight sacrifice in spin comes with better control.

But for BH there is nothing that can come close to Tenergy. if you loop with BH that is. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The blue sponge really make chinese rubber feel more lively and powerfull specially on counterlooping away from table. With orange sponge it feel dead and need a lot of powerto counterloop. It's the best rubber I have tried and any tenergy series can't compare with blue sponge.

...and is that a boosted sponge (Haifu/Dianchi)? Where do you buy it from?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

The blue sponge really make chinese rubber feel more lively and powerfull specially on counterlooping away from table. With orange sponge it feel dead and need a lot of powerto counterloop. It's the best rubber I have tried and any tenergy series can't compare with blue sponge.

...and is that a boosted sponge (Haifu/Dianchi)? Where do you buy it from?

No it's not boosted. First I only use rubber cement mixed with waterbased glue. I already removed the old glue, now I only use Waterbased glue. It's much faster than national H3 from TTNPP on Clipper CC. I don't boost anymore, it will become much faster if it's boosted.

I can't tell you on this forum, the seller can get DHS stuff which is supplied to Chinese National team.
For example Ma Long's DHS 506 PG3 handle, the new DHS 506 blue handle, TG3 and H3 National blue sponge for national team. The price is a bit cheaper than prott.cc for sure.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 12:42am
you talking about prott.cc ???
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by chopchopslam chopchopslam wrote:

Tenergy is $68 now. Most of these other premium rubbers are around $55. So it's not that horribly priced anymore. And I think the sponge lasts longer than the typical tensor sponges.

+1
The difference is 5$ now not 13$
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 2:12am
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

you talking about prott.cc ???

Nope, prott.cc got all the DHS stuff from him Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Originally posted by chopchopslam chopchopslam wrote:

+1
The difference is 5$ now not 13$

Unless buying Donic rubbers from TibiKe on this forum.

Then the cost is $34 per sheet for bluefire, depending on exchange rate, so that's half of Tenergy.

I only had the pleasure of hitting another persons T05 and am not good enough to notice the differences.
TopSpinNinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 11:16am
I was playing with 05 both sides 3 years,
from 1 year time i switch to rakza 7
I found very little diference in them
maybe 05 is 10% faster but r7is 10% spinier (untuned)

but the main reason for my switch is speed glue
my rakza 7 sponge works very well with speed glue,make it softer with nice POP Sound

and just with 1 layer b00m you have a monster
:)
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 10:23pm

Still Dhs produce the best forehand rubber in the world. Not like butterfly, Dhs only produce limited quantity of high grade blue sponge like h3 or tg3. The blue sponge really make chinese rubber feel more lively and powerfull specially on counterlooping away from table. With orange sponge it feel dead and need a lot of powerto counterloop. It's the best rubber I have tried and any tenergy series can't compare with blue sponge.

Is that with or without boosting the DHS ?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Is that with or without boosting the DHS ?

No I don't boost it, first I use rubber cement only, I found it a bit soft, so I put several layers waterbased glue, kind of haifu like waterbased glue, but thicker. I use Indonesian made waterbased glue "Glue and Spin".
Then I removed all the mixed glue residue, and I only use waterbased glue.
I put 8 layers to make it harder.
The result is very good, it's fast enough on Clipper CC which is about 30% faster than Clipper CR.
So Clipper CR+boosted H3 National with Dianchi = Clipper CC+ Unboosted H3 National blue sponge.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 1:45pm
Tenergy 05 is a very forgiving rubber. I agree about the feel as well. There are other rubbers that produce more spin or more speed, but the feel is still the best IMO, like a comfortable pair of old shoes. It produces explosive loops from fh or bh, and it's good for blocking or pushing. I've tried several other rubbers (Barracuda, S1 Turbo, S3, Boost TC, Hurricane 3 Neo, Xiom Omega Elite and Omega Pro, Sriver, Bryce,Friendship 729, Geospin Tacky,Tibhar Grip-S Europe Soft,Nittaku Narucross, etc, etc) and I keep coming back to good ol' T05. As far as Hurricane 3 goes, I believe the blue sponge version is expensive, even heard that one version sells for $150 a sheet. No thanks. I'll stay with T05 for the moment...
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 2:59pm
I don't know that Tenergy is considered the best rubber but it ticks more boxes than the others of similar type. First of all, the other rubbers are now on 3rd generation. That means it took them 3 goes to get near Tenergy. Secondly, most players are not EJs and as Baal said, feel is the most important element, so why take a chance that they may not like the new rubber. The overriding reason most players change is due to the relatively high cost. But few elite players will change from Tenergy because of cost. They want to win at any rubber cost. Tenergy may be short in some areas but overall it's good enough and there's none that is clearly better.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 3:14pm
I recently (less than a week/two sessions) went back to T05. I am coming from boosted commercial H3 NEO.

Looping with T05 is much easier. I can generate the same amount of spin and speed with T05 with less effort.

Next up, slap some frictionless pips on my backhand.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic