FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05 or Hurricane 3 National???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 2:40am
It doesn't sound to me like you are a high enough level to control t05 let alone exploit its potential. Why not get a sheet of 729fx, you can win a 2000 level tournament with that no problem at all, its good stuff. No one under us2000 needs anything more than 729fx or mark v. Unless youre counter looping often during matches rubbers are not that important and I'll promise you no ones regularly counter looping in matches under us2000
Sponsored Links

danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 2:50am
I counter loop most of the time and also blocks from away from the table 20% of the time.

Thanks guys for your tips.

I will prob get a Tenergy 05 1.9 if not 2.1.

All i want from a rubber is its spin mainly, i wont care how fast the rubber is if its spin if on the top
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 8:59am
My advice to you danroid is to forget about Tenergy 05 for the time for the following reasons :

1) In my experience; a blade like the YEO is a better match for Chinese rubbers on the forehand, than Tenergy 05.

Bearing in mind you are using Rakza 7 on the forehand at present; I would suggest playing with TG3 Neo, instead of H3 Neo; as it would be a slightly easier rubber for you to adjust to.

2) Bluebucket's comment about your playing level indicates he doesn't believe you have the consistency or level of technique required; to be able to control Tenergy 05 properly and get the best out of it. And I'm inclined to agree with him.

The advantage of using Tenergy 05 at lower levels of the game is the ability to generate good spin with short wristy shots, where the rubber is doing most of the work for you and as a result; it can hide a multitude of sins.

The problems of using Tenergy at lower levels of the game are :

a) it can be just as punishing a rubber as Chinese rubbers, when you are caught out of position and under pressure; because it will punish poor technical shots and poor timimg.

b) it can highlight the technical flaws in your game; particularly when you are put under pressure by better players, who force you out of your comfort zone.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 1:03pm
The point was if its the hard sponge that excites you. Theres little use in searching for an overly expensive mostly likely fake h3 national which is at best even when real 10% better than a 5 dollar friendship 729.

Tenergy doesnt make anymore spin than 729 on a loop drive, yes it makes more on less agressive strokes but not any noticble amount more than the rubbers you already use. Most players play worse with tenergy than they would with another more suitable rubber. To be honest the 90% of t05 users would play a higher level if they threw the t05 in the bin and used mark v. T05 is a great rubber im just not convinced its a great rubber for you (its too much for me). Tg3 is the better of the two famous dhs rubbers if you really must zhang jike it up.

A lower level player had a look at my bat tonight and said, thats a very spinny bat.... I held up my hand and said,no.. Thats a very spinny hand. Rubbers make very little difference compared to the hand holding it

Edited by bluebucket - 05/15/2013 at 1:07pm
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 7:37pm
If you have good footwork and use your legs, waist rotation, for your forehand stroke, H3 could be good. If you have poor footwork and cannot hit more than 5 or 6 forehand loops in a row, don't even bother with Tenergy.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 11:38pm
get a 729-05 thats a spinny rubber
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 2:30am
Thanks for you opinion ppl.

THat helped me alot, thanks again.

I will probably move away from tenergy until i mastered my technique to the higher levels then will move on to h3 national or tenergy.

BTW. What is slower the hurricane 3 neo or the tg3 neo?

I want a rubber that plays very well like the acuda s1 which i think is amazing at doing thirdball.

Please compare those for me.

About the 729 rubbers. I have tried all of them and found them quiet hard and dead exept for the snipe which is VERY good, but the throw is very bad, too low.

THanks
bernardgam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernardgam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by danroid danroid wrote:

Thanks for you opinion ppl.

THat helped me alot, thanks again.

I will probably move away from tenergy until i mastered my technique to the higher levels then will move on to h3 national or tenergy.

BTW. What is slower the hurricane 3 neo or the tg3 neo?

I want a rubber that plays very well like the acuda s1 which i think is amazing at doing thirdball.

Please compare those for me.

About the 729 rubbers. I have tried all of them and found them quiet hard and dead exept for the snipe which is VERY good, but the throw is very bad, too low.

THanks

If you want to get a acuda s1,  you can try this one from China ebay:BuycChina.com
http://www.buychina.com/products?keyword=acuda+s1&cid=

there are more than 190 items for your shopping.
BF
DHS
YinHe
DoubleFish
LiNing
Erke
my tumblr
my store:BuyChina.com
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 3:51am
thanks for da link, anyways prob wont buy from China.
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 4:55am
H3(or similars) is much harder to adopt for European player who is not used from early begining to Chinese rubbers.

Anyway I used almost all of Tenergies (w/o T80 and T25non-fx) and H3 (diff versions) + TG3 Neo(comm). What I see is that Chinese rubbers require much more work for playing properly - if you grab t05 you can just hit and win points with h3 - it's not that easy. But if you spend some time and take care of properly preparation they will reward you much more than Tenergy series. You will gain great short game and devastating power with 3rd ball attack. Hard Chinese rubbers have much more control than any other. These rubbers just require good footwork, body rotation and being always in good position.

I will suggest you buying TG3 Commercial it's enormously cheap and you won't lost anything with this purchase. As it's easiest with to perform well. If you wouldn't stand that, boost it a little bit.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Jerem Jerem wrote:

H3(or similars) is much harder to adopt for European player who is not used from early begining to Chinese rubbers.

Very very true.
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 4:00am
Thanks guys.

So should i get the Tg3 neo OR th2 neo OR Acuda s1.

Please help!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 4:37am
The reason I suggested TG3 Neo is because it is easier to adapt too than H3 Neo; particularly when coming from a tensor, like Acuda S1.

It's true Chinese rubbers can be less forgiving at times; however, the benefit is it will force you to play more pro actively and technically correct shots too; which in the long run will be beneficial with your game.

Don't get me wrong; you still benefit from using good technique with tensors too; however, because H3 Neo and TG3 Neo are not as bouncy as Acuda S1, they require you to provide more of the power through technique.

danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 5:09am
Hi Peter, and thanks for your helpful comment.

About the TG3 neo, when i play with the h3 neo the ball keep flying out of the table, will this happen when using the tg3 as well?

Please tell me if this will happen with the tg2 neo?
Pingvinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingvinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 6:17am
Try a slower blade.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by danroid danroid wrote:

thanks for da link, anyways prob wont buy from China.

\or from ttnpp.com where its 36 USD and free shipping 

Flying off the table..... take a look into your technique 

Edited by decoi - 05/17/2013 at 11:11am

danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 8:09pm
Yes!  I have made up my mind.

I am going to get either:

-H3
-H3 neo
-TG2 neo
-TG3 neo.

Thaks- PLEASE compare those for me, which is more consistante?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 10:36pm
TG3 neo is the best of those
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 10:38pm
tg3N wold be the easiest to wield

Tg2N can be a deadly weapon .really good spin somewhat lower throw tad slower than tg3n.
ive only tried h3n provincial ( havent tried the normal h3N) and that is a good allrounder better spin than the TG3N not much of a diffefence in speed. although TG3 would be easier to use away from the table sacrificing that extra spin ability.

so really its up to you, youj way as well buy the 3 neos youj have mentioned which can be done so cheaper from:
 but you run in to possibly having to wait a good few weeks

or

for a little  extra but they are much better at communicating and tend to be quicker with the orders

where as TT11 will set you back an extra 8-10 USD

danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2013 at 10:58pm
alright.

I think ill get the Acuda s1.

Could someone pls compare it with the TG3 neo please.

Thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2013 at 3:25am
You can't imagine two inverted rubbers more different than s1 and tg3. They are not comparable
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2013 at 4:46am
ok, nice comparison 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2013 at 9:59am
learn how to brush the ball if you will go with hurricane 3
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2013 at 3:31am
yolo, so i might just get the Acuda S1 and Bluefire m2 from TibiKE.

Then compare those two.

Cheers for your supports friends!
zscpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zscpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2013 at 7:12pm
Get T05, Japanese Yen exchange rate has drop a lot... the price of T05 is now around US$53(drop from US$68)... I just checked the price on tt-japan
BTY TMB ZLC
FH:Tenergy 05
BH:Tenergy 64-fx

Stiga EBENHOLZ NCT VII
FH:Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Sriver G3
http://www.facebook.com/tabletennis4u
danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2013 at 8:00pm
Hi yes it is too.

But the only thing is that, 

Can I use speeed glue on the tenergy 05?????

I only have speed glues t the moment, if not will i need to get the free chack?
zscpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zscpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2013 at 8:58pm
Don't ever think to use speed glue on Tenergy!
BTY TMB ZLC
FH:Tenergy 05
BH:Tenergy 64-fx

Stiga EBENHOLZ NCT VII
FH:Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Sriver G3
http://www.facebook.com/tabletennis4u
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2013 at 2:20am
tenergy is already speed glue :P

and only if you are good enough for it :P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic