FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TSP Ventus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Ventus
    Posted: 05/22/2013 at 6:55pm
I got today the speed and spin version both max

the speed with orange sponge, not big poros, uncut 65g

the spin with white sponge, not big poros, uncut 62g

the topsheet seems to be the same for both, thin and very elastic like vega japan

45° is the spped sponge, 40° the spin sponge

on the package is indicated: made in  gemany and Japan Germany Combination Ermm

i'm not sure if the topsheet is from japan
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 8:28pm
Japanese topsheet + german esn sponge.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 9:38pm
Please, share some thoughts about the rubber
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2013 at 2:05am
Tested for two hours

The Speed is very fast, good spin and very good trampoline effect

the Spin has more controll and good for the BH, on the FH i haven't  enought power

the thin topsheet for both rubbers is very elastic and i had the impression to play with  glued mark V

the sound for both is amazing

the this topsheet helps for the block, both are very good

The Speed has higher trhow-angle than Spin and on general like Xiom Vega Pro

regards

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2013 at 8:54pm
Thanks a lot.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 12:56pm
Any more updates?
How's the spin and grip compared to popular esn?

Thank you
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 10:04am
Spin and grip are ok but nothing amazing. What I found special about these rubbers is the very soft topsheet which gives a great feel. Interestiingly the soft topsheet gives some kind of bounciness at first but not that much. Maybe because of the sponge? But when you hit the balle sometimes you have the feeling that the ball goes off too fast but surprisingly still lands on the table. For me Ventus Soft and Ventus Spin are similar to Calibra LT Sound and Spin with higher throw, better feel, less speed and more control. For me with Calibra LT Sound the ball goes off very fast and without surprise goes off the table  Confused

Ventus Speed was very disapointing because it was not very fast and opening loops were very difficult. Many other rubbers are much better in this range off hardness. 

Ventus Soft and Spin are worth a try. Ventus Soft is 35° but feels a bit more, maybe 37-38°. Ventus Spin is 40° and feels about like this. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 10:36am
TSP Ventus is looking like Aurus Sound, smells and plays like it...
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 12:28pm
Sounds interesting! I will give either spin or sound a try next time.

Thank you
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 4:02am
My Ventus Speed just arrived in black max. I will do a test next week, I am airing for a couple of days to see how it performs without tuning "a la nature".

The sponge is ESN orange with small pores it looks the same as they use in Bluefire JP01/03 and the likes. The pimple geometry looks almost the same as BF JP03 but there is a difference in the surface of the topsheet: it is grainy contrary to the BF JP03.

It appears to be a high quality product and the price is very reasonable too.

EDIT: I just peeled off my JP03 from my other blade and they have the same surface

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 07/20/2013 at 6:08am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2013 at 9:24pm
First try-out tonight untuned...

Upon further inspection I realised that it has a somewhat thinner topsheet than a JP03 but the pimple geometry is about the same. It has a livelier feel to it and it produces more spin on smaller shots. My problem with it is that it is very easy to miss the table when looping but I guess it has to be tuned to fix this.

Bouncier than Sigma Pro or MX-P. It was by far faster than a JP03 untuned.

I would say the concept behind it was to make a rubber that has a bit softer feel than the latest maximum hardness ESN variants with a bit more emphasis on easier spin generation on lower impact shots. It is definitely for the technically advanced players.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 2:42pm
Tested again, tuned this time. It did not become as good as I had hoped. The reason is that either I did not apply enough booster or I should have not boosted it at all. I am adding 2 more layers of Biobooster and will retest in a week.

Until then, here are my impressions that are based on its non-tuned state.

Overall it is roughly Sigma I Pro hardness but more springy. As carmelomaf pointed it, it is high throw. To me  it is similar to like T05.

The good:

Very lively, more so than most out of the package rubbers I have come accross so far, e.g. BF M1, BF JP03
Springier feel
Better spin on slow loops
Loops suddenly fall onto the end of the table from a height that would indicate the ball will be off

The bad

Too much catapult effect and speed at the expense of accuracy and control at high speeds
It seems to be better suited for those who rely more on the rubber to do the job when looping / do not exert so much force themselves
Because of its speed / trajectory, banana loops are more difficult to do
More spin sensitive than other other products
In spite of its hardness, it becomes softish at high speed FH counterlooping

The way the topsheet and the sponge works together reminds me of Yasaka New Era, if anyone remembers it. So far I say it would be a terrific rubbber if it was less spin sensitive.

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2013 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Tested again, tuned this time. It did not become as good as I had hoped. The reason is that either I did not apply enough booster or I should have not boosted it at all. I am adding 2 more layers of Biobooster and will retest in a week.

Until then, here are my impressions that are based on its non-tuned state.

Overall it is roughly Sigma I Pro hardness but more springy. As carmelomaf pointed it, it is high throw. To me  it is similar to like T05.

The good:

Very lively, more so than most out of the package rubbers I have come accross so far, e.g. BF M1, BF JP03
Springier feel
Better spin on slow loops
Loops suddenly fall onto the end of the table from a height that would indicate the ball will be off

The bad

Too much catapult effect and speed at the expense of accuracy and control at high speeds
It seems to be better suited for those who rely more on the rubber to do the job when looping / do not exert so much force themselves
Because of its speed / trajectory, banana loops are more difficult to do
More spin sensitive than other other products
In spite of its hardness, it becomes softish at high speed FH counterlooping

The way the topsheet and the sponge works together reminds me of Yasaka New Era, if anyone remembers it. So far I say it would be a terrific rubbber if it was less spin sensitive.

Thank you !
Did you try the soft or spin version?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2013 at 2:17am
No, only Speed.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2013 at 5:17pm
I still find the Speed inconsistent. It is a dream on loops where you have time to prepare for your shot but when you are forced away / do not have 100% proper timing, it will just throw the ball off. I tested with JP03 on the other side and my blocks against topspin were a lot more consistent with the same practice partner. My loops were more consistent and faster with the JP03 - both rubbers were lightly tuned and the JP03 is about 15% faster and a lot more consistent.

I am boosting the Speed with two or three thick layers of Falco and will see how it performs. It behaves somewhat like a Chinese rubber.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2013 at 12:58am
I played 2 games with Ventus Spin today on my Xiom ZQ, replaced my Sanwei T88-1 (slow, hard, a bit tacky, superior spin), definitely need to adjust my stroke, naturally.
I can loop easily with this rubber, block is nice. Pushing is very inconsistent for me (I am pretty consistent when it comes to pushing and varying the spin). Some stroke, I can impart decent spin, but on other occasion, I want to push short near the net, often times it went long for whatever reason.
Spin is decent. Usually when I loop hard, my opponent has hard time blocking mine. Not with this rubber. Spin is definitely less compared to my Sanwei T88-1.
Control is good, especially when blocking. 
Smashing was aweful today for me (not very good at smashing), but today, I smashed everything out. Ouch Maybe the weight difference, since Sanwei is a heavy rubber.

Will try again sometimes next week with slower blade...(Amadeus)

Dancer in the dark View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dancer in the dark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2013 at 11:20am
Any more updates about Ventus? I'd be especially interested in how Ventus Spin (and Soft) performs as a FH rubber compared to other modern rubbers...

Are these rubbers on the heavy or on the light side?
Postmodern defender
JSH - JP03 - P1R
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2013 at 11:42am
@ Dancer: They are the same weight as other ESN rubbers.

After a couple of months use, here are my conclusions about Ventus Speed and Spin.

The idea behind the two could be summarised this way:

Speed: harder sponge + more natural topsheet
Spin: softer sponge + synthetic topsheet to compensate for the loss of speed

Starting with the bad, Spin is not really effective. Its topsheet is more synthetic than that of the Ventus and therefore it is very difficult to play against anti users or pips players - it does not grab the ball enough, tricky balls just slip off it. It does not have enough power to gain advantage in a rally. Smashing is not its cup of tea and booster does not really improve it. Still, it is a good rubber for its price, perfect for players looking for something relatively cheap. It is somewhat similar to Joola Rhyzm 450 - same exaggeratedly artificial feel except that Rhyzm 450 has a little bit harder sponge. Both Tibhar Evo FX-P and EL-P are more effective than Spin.

The Ventus Speed on the other hand has a topsheet that is able to cope with dead balls. It does not really need tuning but a little will not hurt after some use. If I had to choose between the two, I would definitely choose this. Speed is ok. I tend to believe that Speed has more spin capabilities due to the more natural topsheet.

They do not work on carbon blades but are very good on Clipper type stuff.

freyr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 8:15pm
Can somebody compare the TSP ventus spin with the Joola maxxx 400?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic