FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stradivarius vs. TB ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stradivarius vs. TB ALC
    Posted: 05/30/2013 at 2:06pm
Just finishing a deal to acquire a Stradivarius - wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the comparison of the two blades...I was hoping to find an ALC, but I just can't afford it.

I am playing with an Axelo right now, which I love, but I think it is too hard and too fast...

Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 12:39am
Still looking for some help...

Any help is appreciated!!!
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 3:04am
Then you will not like stradivarius it's hard and fast and not much of a control unlike axelo it has more control. Why not try zetro quad it's better than stradi and axelo.

Edited by gatz - 05/31/2013 at 3:06am
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 7:24am
Thanks, Gatz!
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 7:29am
Just to be clear, I really like the Axelo, but am concerned that at my level it is just too quick. A training mate at the club has the TB ALC and let me hit with it last week - and I rather enjoyed the difference between the Axelo (sharp, hard, crisp) and the ALC (felt softer and slower) so I am looking for something in between.
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by gatz gatz wrote:

Then you will not like stradivarius it's hard and fast and not much of a control unlike axelo it has more control. Why not try zetro quad it's better than stradi and axelo.

Zetro Quad is great but it's drawback lies in its weight. to be honest i find TBS and Stradivarius to feel fairly similar, i think Stradi is Xiom's answer to the popular TBS. i would say Stradi is a touch quicker but not noticeably so. i sold my one due to TBS having a better feel. Both are excellent blades imho
RSM Special Platinum T64
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 10:18am
Both my Strads were slower in the short game and faster from mid-distance than my TBS & my TB-ALC.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2013 at 5:29pm
Thanks for the great feedback, all! I am right on the edge of pulling the trigger on the Strad...
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2013 at 7:16pm
In my opinion you buy a blade once in your lifetime or twice let us say one every 10 years, its price is meaningless of course if you don't break it. So choose the best blade out there for you after trying several and after reading the forums feedback or you will spend all the years wishing you got the better one for 20 or 50 usd more it is not a rubber it is a blade, you spend 300 or 600 usd a year on rubbers so buy the best tested blade and the best finishing because trust me a good blade out there with a poor finish or an error in manufacturing will hunt you down and loose many years of progress.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2013 at 10:54pm
All -

Thank you all for your feedback. I pulled the trigger and went ahead and purchased a Stradivarius -- everything I am reading says this is the blade I am looking for, but I guess you never know until it arrives and I play with it a bit! I guess you will all know if it is "the one" based on whether I put it up for sale!!!

Thanks again to all...
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2013 at 10:56pm
Slevin - Are you playing with Bluefire on the Stradi? Are you still using Bluefire, or do I have you confused with someone else?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2013 at 12:22am
No, I'm not using either of the two at the moment.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Just to be clear, I really like the Axelo, but am concerned that at my level it is just too quick. A training mate at the club has the TB ALC and let me hit with it last week - and I rather enjoyed the difference between the Axelo (sharp, hard, crisp) and the ALC (felt softer and slower) so I am looking for something in between.
The routine question here is about the rubbers that were on each of these two blades. That frequently makes a huge difference. 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2013 at 4:45am
I agree with Slevin.
Strad is very good on short game but can also be very powerfull away from the table.
I use it with Grass DTech on backhand and Baracuda/Rhyzm on forehand .
This the best combination for my style of play (agressive defense).
I tried the TB ALC (not the TBS).
I found the Strad has more "life" in it.
Much more feeling with the GDT.
Strad is better with 42-45° rubbers (Rhyzm is the exception).
To be honest I sold the ALC very quickly because I had no feeling with this blade.
Considering the difference in price, I can not see any reason to prefer the ALC (IMHO).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic