Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Infinity V Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Has someone tried Infinity with T80? 
I find T05-FX bouncy especially on B/H.

Ok I'm not an Infinity user...

But if you find T05-FX bouncy then try T25-FX which is not as bouncy and great for BH...

T80 is good, but compared to T05-FX will increase the weight of your blade so that your current FH stroke timing will be off until you get used to it...

Just sharing my experience...

Edited by CraneStyle - 01/20/2015 at 5:47am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Sponsored Links

HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 6:02pm
I only tried it with T80 for on practice but I think it was really good(I usually use Tenergy 64 and Airoc M. I really like the control in the Infinity blade and I think it works good with the most rubbers! 
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 2:28am
Originally posted by HappyHarry HappyHarry wrote:

I only tried it with T80 for on practice but I think it was really good(I usually use Tenergy 64 and Airoc M. I really like the control in the Infinity blade and I think it works good with the most rubbers! 

I had been playing T64 for years on Primorac Carbon but not on Infinity.
T64 is also bouncy but better than T05-FX on service return.
Do you like T64 on Infinity  ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Originally posted by HappyHarry HappyHarry wrote:

I had been playing T64 for years on Primorac Carbon but not on Infinity.
T64 is also bouncy but better than T05-FX on service return.
Do you like T64 on Infinity  ?

Yeah I play with T64 on Fh and Airoc M on bh and I'm very happy with this setup! I think I got pretty good control in my returns Smile

Edited by HappyHarry - 01/21/2015 at 5:43pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 2:40am
I use to play cpen sp with clipper will infinity play better for me?
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 10:10am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I use to play cpen sp with clipper will infinity play better for me?

NO, sp usually needs a more solid blade. Rosewood 7 is very good for sp.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 11:09am
Hm, it seams, that Infinity has a lot of "fans". Personally I prefer Emerald instead of Infinity. 
The feeling is more "solid" for me. If anyone likes to buy my Infinity, please contact me with pm.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Hm, it seams, that Infinity has a lot of "fans". Personally I prefer Emerald instead of Infinity. 
The feeling is more "solid" for me. If anyone likes to buy my Infinity, please contact me with pm.

Your Infinity is only 83 gr that's why it's not solid.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 1:34pm
Is emerald like clipper?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 2:03pm
Tube Carbo WRB may be close, although I don't remember right since I tried it few years ago and with different rubbers. Tube Carbo and Clipper are 5ply and 7ply of similar thickness though.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
winterdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2016 at 5:05pm
Hi guys, 

I have been using Inf Vps for a few days. I just wanted to compare it with Clipper wood. I don't understand how Clipper's feel is amazing compared to 5 ply blades. Feel is unbelievable in Clipper. I used many blades TB spirit, Tibhar Xeon Sensitec, Yasaka Extra, Innerforce AL, Avalox P700 etc, none comes closer to Clipper. 

As for review of Infinity, it is good blade for an indermediate player. Buttterfly claims that Innerforce AL is controllable attack blade but it is not. Expecially when you are blocking, it is very very hard to block, and on the contrary innerforce AL is faster than TB spirit. Anyway, let's get to infinity, when you attack, it is very easy to loop, and very comfortable with fastspin, counterattacks. You can use full swing and you can play with righ stroke techiques. With TB spirit or expecially Innerforce AL you can not dig into your stroke. 

Pushing is incredible with infinity. You can make backhand topspin receives to backspin serves.  You are very safe on the table. It is kind of a blade you can do everything easily. Bad thing is I can not find a Clipper wood feel. I wish to find a blade which has same feel like Clipper wood but slower and controllable like Infinity. 
Stiga Infinity
Fh: Bluefire M2

Bh: Evolution ELP
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 3:47pm
Korbel!
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 3:51pm
If you really like Clipper for the feeling, perhaps you can try HOME PROJECT, and sand of top layer on each side. Clipper is 7 layers, so you should end up with 5 layers clipper - which might be very interesting! I for example play with Viscaria where I removed top layer + ALC layer on one side ending up with 5 ply KOTO ALC on one side (with TENERGY which suits best ALC blades, on the other side I ended up with Limba (paired with Bryce high speed) which this rubber suits best limba outer ply :-)

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 4:48pm
I , for one, always hated Clipper, and mind you i was like a maniak on limba blades. Clipper to me was the worst control blade i have ever touched in all categories and price ranges. Crazy fast, crazy bouncy, very... what is the opposite of sharp.. blurry.. i cannot tell the ball where to go. 

Infinity is a great blade at that price range and has the control (and almost the feel) of a carbon blade. No vibration and amazing control for wood blade. Handles are nice too, both ST (which is oval) and the FL.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2016 at 7:35am
Is Infinity VPS V the answer for me?

Hi i currently have 3 blades.

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood - i enjoy this blade, great loop, but too bouncy for my style in short game and a little too soft.  suits me when i am the better player but i cant serve and return tight with it, largely a lack of technique
Andro Ligna Off - beautiful blade but all the same as above just too bouncy for my style

currently Joola Rosskopf Emotion-
I seem to play best with this blade it has a low throw and comes off quite sharp.  serve tighter, short game tighter, serve return better.  Flat hit better.  but i have to work really hard to loop.  although i play best with this blade I cant feel my shots.  too hard

I generally play close to the table and drive more than loop, on all my blades I use tenergy 05fx 2.1 and 1.9 which i really like for the high throw and grippy surface for spin, if i do try and play a spinny shot.

i am looking for a similar play to the rossi emotion, but preferably in wood with at least a little more feeling in the hand when playing shots, but i want to keep the frimness for the short game and serve.

do you think infinity vps v would suit this?  is it closer to the rossi than the startus powerwood?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2016 at 8:42am
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

If you really like Clipper for the feeling, perhaps you can try HOME PROJECT, and sand of top layer on each side. Clipper is 7 layers, so you should end up with 5 layers clipper - which might be very interesting! I for example play with Viscaria where I removed top layer + ALC layer on one side ending up with 5 ply KOTO ALC on one side (with TENERGY which suits best ALC blades, on the other side I ended up with Limba (paired with Bryce high speed) which this rubber suits best limba outer ply :-)

Noooo don't do this 😂
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2016 at 2:07pm
Infiniyy has more feeling and control than a composite blade. It is a safe choice.
It is bouncy that is good to make the ball jumping the net. With a good weight is fast enough.
Weak points are the hollow handle and the blade feels weak around the neck.
Thickness is very good. It is estable.
The rossi emotion feels outdated with the big ball and new rubbers.
The real answer would be the infinity with no f hollowness in the blade and a solid handle.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/08/2016 at 2:10pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2016 at 5:42pm
the rossi plays quite flat though and is easy to push and play tight in the short game. I also serve much better with this.
the rossi feels stiff, is the vps similar?
is the vps closer to the rossi oe the stratus power wood in play.
I don't want a loopers blade with a high throw

joola recommended I try the aruna off
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 7:29am
The infinity is stiff but has dwell time. It is not high throw. Allows agressive receiving with control. It is a blade to play off with more margin in shots than composite blades. Bh play and bh blocking is very good.
The st pw is good blade and has even better feeling. On the other side strat pw handle feels as a rock and the blade with rubbers feels heavy and slow to handle.
Anyway i rather prefer the infinity or the stratus pw better than the rossi emotion.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 7:54am
ok thanks ejmaster.

I am going to try and give infinity a try. I like the JRE in all apart from lack of feeling and really hard work in fh loop.

don't like the tspw, its my best bat to play with, from an enjoyment point of view but it makes me lazy as its too easy to loop and roll, I end up playing too many lazy topspins with the tspw.

how have they made infinity stiff? as the woods it use tend to be soft, has the outer ply been very highly heated to make it play harder?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 8:14am
The heated ply in infinity is the second layer. The spruce one. The limba outer has a surface finishing making it harder (diamond touch?!). Thickness is 6,0. And it is stiff. The overall result is stiff.
You are right. The st pw tends you to play lazy because the blade with rubbers feels slow to manouver and the handle has good design but feels hard (iron wood). The infinity however forces to play agressive and favours that play.
But i am not sure you are going to score better than using the stratus pw.
Of course do not think about doing better with a zxi and vegas and looping machines. The st pw will destroy that marvelous zxi set up. the st pw score lot better.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/09/2016 at 8:16am
EJ Club.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 8:39am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

The real answer would be the infinity with no f hollowness in the blade and a solid handle.

this answer is Emerald
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 8:48am
my strength is playing close to table and playing tight and aggressive, I cant do this with tspw, its too bouncy. I don't want to change from 05fx rubber as I like the spin, grip and longevity of the rubber.
I think infinity is the answer, if it is a modern improvement on jre.
I hit more than brush so I really don't need a loopers blade.
I think the tspw is definitely a loopers blade
my son uses it with h3 neo on forehand and his loop is fantastic

I play better with a flat low trajectory blade as it makes me move and work harder on my shots
this does mean when I am playing bad its awful, however the rewqards are greater when im playing well
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

this answer is Emerald

Actually, it's Eternity.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2016 at 11:37am
eternity looks like a loopers blade like stratus power wood reference previous review
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 2:16am
How are you finding the Eternity NextLevel? Or is there an official full review on the way. Smile

Edited by JediJesseS - 07/10/2016 at 2:23am
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2016 at 9:36am
Has anybody used the penhold version of Inifinity ? If so, how did it go, and what about the head size ? Could be an interesting one, I think.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 7:31pm
In the last week I have tried YEO, Korbel, Celero Wood and Infinity all with H3Neo both sides.

And the winner is Infinity, awesome loops with it, im just coming off 3 months of using a donic WSC which is just a tad too slow.

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 9:22am
How does Infinity compare to Celero, also in terms of balance/head-heaviness?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 12:49pm
my celero seems balanced and not head heavy, I think the arc is lower than the infinity on loops

I did not really try it long enough for a proper review, I sometimes dnt like blades when I first use them and if I don't I will not persevere with them.

Edited by mog1111 - 08/28/2017 at 12:50pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic