Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the fastest super tacky inverted rubber ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the fastest super tacky inverted rubber ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:05pm
Fast, a little tacky and consistent.  Butterfly SpinArt !!

Edited by jt99sf - 11/20/2013 at 5:40pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Sponsored Links

tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by alexuganski alexuganski wrote:

How does 729 SST God-Favored compare in speed & tackiness to H3 Neo, Tau, Thor's, etc?
I haven't played with Tau.   I have SST God-Favored and H3 Neo currently mounted but on different types of paddles.  I can tell you that SST God-Favored is hard and relatively heavy compared to H3 Neo.  I don't consider H3 Neo or SST God-Favored to be particularly tacky or fast.  I have tended to favor harder rubbers as time goes on. 

The first Apollo 1 I bought was extremely tacky and it held it tack for a long while.  The second Apollo 1 I bought was a big let down.  I think the first one tackier even though it was much older.

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:44pm
I've used Thors, Grip-S, Grip-S Europe, XuShaoFa 999-LSZ Hurricane, BWII (All 3 versions), Vega China, Red Diamond, Moon Pro, 999T.  I'm using 729 Origin Nano now over any of those, it's no joke, lasts a long time and I'm so surprised it's not way more popular, but have yet to revisit the DHS Hurricane series.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 6:14pm
Tried TG3 and some 729s, boosted H3 is still unbeatable in terms of loop power, spin and control. 
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

I'm using 729 Origin Nano now over any of those, it's no joke, lasts a long time and I'm so surprised it's not way more popular

How is the quality of Origin? I've been interested in it ever since it came out. 729 is cheaper equipment though, so is it consistent from sheet to sheet?
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 7:11pm
I've used most of them. Thors is a very fast rubber compared to anything you can not deny that, not only is it a fast rubber it doesn't have a top speed limit caused by the soft sponge running out like most springy rubbers do.. 

Of the non Tensors the old Whale and Red Diamond are fastest, 999 turbo might come next. I haven't used 729 Origin. After that comes almost everything else in a very similar amount of speed. They are all very spinny, Globe 999, and most of the 729 rubbers are especailly good for actually winning games (very consistent). But none (again I haven't tried Origin) are anywhere near as fast as Thors and I assume Tau is also fast but there's some debate on that

Edited by bluebucket - 11/20/2013 at 7:16pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 7:22pm
Thor's sounds so tempting! I have a swing somewhere in between Chinese & Euro, so being able to utilize the rubber both ways would be great. $40 Thors vs $20 other Chinese rubbers though...

Haha I was discussing being able to loop both Chinese & Euro style, & I described it like, "Yeah, I swing both ways."
Harimoto Innerforce ALC

Embrace the Dark Side.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 7:44pm
I should stay on topic. Not saying Origin Nano is faster than the others but it has everything I want after EJing these types of rubber for 3.5 years (forgot to mention 729-08/es, 729-5, HRT Wujilong maybe some others).  A new breed of 729.  Only opened 3 sheets of Origin so far, all identical except one was cut uneven on the bottom.  Don't let me convince anyone though because I'd like it to stay in stock.  Hope someone will come along and say it sucks.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 8:38pm
My thor's came apart when I removed it from the blade.. also might be best on a stiff blade per TTDB reviews.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 9:51pm
Thors is low bounce but very fast on OFF+ composite blade. Heavy like a brick but hits like Thor's hammer. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 10:48pm
I can't really do slow loaded top spin (i.e. using mostly topsheet to generate the topspin ) using Palio Thor.. it skids and dies off.... it seems to me that you have to always engage the sponge with Thor..

I used H3 Neo and TG3 Neo.. On DHS PG9, I think they are as fast as Thor... and not far away from expensive rubber such as Tenergy imho..

The fastest chinese tacky rubber that I have used is the Red Diamond (I forgot whether is LKT or KTL) it was quite heavy (~50gr for normal blade size).. 1st time used, speedwise it was like typical chinese rubber and quite disappointing... after much mucking around with the rubber... I don't know exactly what I did to that rubber... the rubber became speed monster.. even much faster than the typical tensor european rubber like STIGA, Donic, Joola... it was practically unuseable... hard as a rock and catapult like crazy... LOL

Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:30am
without any tuning done, straight out of the package: Haifu Whale III national version(pink sponge, not the purple sponge)
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 6:51pm
Oh boy, I hit with some H2 this afternoon. It feels really good. It wasn't the NEO version though. That might feel even better. H2 felt good from any distance away from the table, but it was the best rubber I've ever tried while topspin driving close to the table... Would H3 or TG3 feel this good too, but be even better for looping?
Harimoto Innerforce ALC

Embrace the Dark Side.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 7:38pm
donic baracuda?

Edited by puppy412 - 11/21/2013 at 8:25pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by alexuganski alexuganski wrote:

Would H3 or TG3 feel this good too, but be even better for looping?

H3 and TG3 (less) have a higher throw, making it easier to loop backspin and probably making it easier away from the table, but not as easy close-in.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic