Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Falco tempo long on chinese rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 12:15pm
There is no difference - if you get one like this:

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/620-dhs-nittaku-hurricane-3-pro-6.html 

The only added advantages are that:
1) Quality control is amazing and you always get an amazing sheet
2) Quality in general is higher than DHS H3 Pro and therefore many EU and Chinese who live in EU players around 2200+ use Nittaku H3 Pro

You get what you pay for and the price is higher because Nittaku is able to guarantee a top quality sheet - which is really equal to National grade orange sponge. 
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

There is no difference - if you get one like this:

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/620-dhs-nittaku-hurricane-3-pro-6.html 

The only added advantages are that:
1) Quality control is amazing and you always get an amazing sheet
2) Quality in general is higher than DHS H3 Pro and therefore many EU and Chinese who live in EU players around 2200+ use Nittaku H3 Pro

You get what you pay for and the price is higher because Nittaku is able to guarantee a top quality sheet - which is really equal to National grade orange sponge. 

But this one still requires boosting to unleash it's potential???

And what's the difference between the one you mentioned and this one:

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/770-dhs-nittaku-neo-hurricane-3-6.html

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

The one you have added as a link is the Neo version - it is factory boosted - but only lightly and the effect wears off after time... it's also a bit different. The original version is better... without boosting it's still very spinny, but it will have less bounciness and elasticity...the speed will still be there, but you will always have to hit hard (80% power or more).... with the booster playing at 70% (which most players do on FH strokes) will produce a fast ball... 

Boosting it makes it easier to play with... the potential is there even unboosted but boosting it makes it easier to tap into the potential... I would boost with H3. 
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 6:41pm

The one you have added as a link is the Neo version - it is factory boosted - but only lightly and the effect wears off after time... it's also a bit different. The original version is better... without boosting it's still very spinny, but it will have less bounciness and elasticity...the speed will still be there, but you will always have to hit hard (80% power or more).... with the booster playing at 70% (which most players do on FH strokes) will produce a fast ball... 

Boosting it makes it easier to play with... the potential is there even unboosted but boosting it makes it easier to tap into the potential... I would boost with H3. 

So many hurricane 3 versions out there, it's making my head spin. There's a provincial version, then national version, then there is blue sponge and orange sponge, and now there is Nittaku version Confused

Is there any post/link which describes and reviews all of these versions for a layman like me Cry

P.S

Which one would you say plays the best out of all these versions???

AND

Which one would you recommend to a developing amateur like myself??? I'm currently using Rakza 7 on my FH and Rakza 7 soft on my BH on YEO blade.

Edited by unstopabl3 - 06/27/2015 at 6:44pm
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 6:55pm
Get H3 neo. Train for about 6-7 months with it. Then look into prov versions if you feel that you need it.
Beginners shouldnt boost rubbers under any circumstance.
Nd btw, coming from rakza, hurricane is a different rubber. Like really really different. Its not for lazy people. Even boosted, you will need to work for it.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 7:50pm
I agree. I started out playing table tennis seriously with Hurricane 3 and struggled for probably six months before switching to Bluefire M2. That was much easier to learn basic strokes with, and I kept at it for a year, after which I went back to regular Hurricane 3 Neo and found that I could actually use the rubber properly, which I used for half a year. I've just started playing with a boosted H3 Neo, and I've found that it fits my game perfectly --- after having developed the proper technique with slower rubbers for two years.

Edited by Argothman - 06/27/2015 at 7:52pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

slevin where did you buy the h3 prov? mind me asking?

TTNPP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:36pm

So many hurricane 3 versions out there, it's making my head spin. There's a provincial version, then national version, then there is blue sponge and orange sponge, and now there is Nittaku version Confused

Is there any post/link which describes and reviews all of these versions for a layman like me Cry

P.S

AND

Which one would you recommend to a developing amateur like myself??? I'm currently using Rakza 7 on my FH and Rakza 7 soft on my BH on YEO blade.

If you get Nittaku H3 Pro there is nothing to be confused about... u dont have to think about commercial, provincial. national anymore... u have a rubber which plays well even unboosted, but plays excellently boosted with 1 layer of water glue, then 2 FINE (or 1 medium) layers of Falco, then again water glue to stick - u have no complications. The rubber is easy enough to play with... in many aspects easier than tensors..short game, opening loop / spin vs underspin, heavy push, serve.... 

in other aspects its harder to play with because the rubber has not much catapult. 

It is better than Rakza 7 - on FH - I like Rakza 7 on BH
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 4:36pm

P.S

AND

If you get Nittaku H3 Pro there is nothing to be confused about... u dont have to think about commercial, provincial. national anymore... u have a rubber which plays well even unboosted, but plays excellently boosted with 1 layer of water glue, then 2 FINE (or 1 medium) layers of Falco, then again water glue to stick - u have no complications. The rubber is easy enough to play with... in many aspects easier than tensors..short game, opening loop / spin vs underspin, heavy push, serve.... 

in other aspects its harder to play with because the rubber has not much catapult. 

It is better than Rakza 7 - on FH - I like Rakza 7 on BH

I've read a lot about it and I don't think it's my cup of tea, I can't spend months changing my strokes and develop a new style just for this rubber.

I'll stick with rubbers similar to Rakza 7 and try a new blade.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for hijacking this thread Embarrassed
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 6:59pm

I've read a lot about it and I don't think it's my cup of tea, I can't spend months changing my strokes and develop a new style just for this rubber.

I'll stick with rubbers similar to Rakza 7 and try a new blade.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for hijacking this thread Embarrassed

Thing is, what you have read is not really true... most of it comes about because of people trying hard versions of the rubber (this makes it very unforgiving and technique has to be perfect), and because they did not have a good FH in the 1st place - they move upwards and rely on the catapult of the rubber to take the ball forwards... with this rubber if you want the ball to move forwards, you have to move forwards with your arm!

coming from Adidas P7 I found this rubber to be excellent and very easy to get used to... but I will be honest.... I win less points with it than with P7 - every time my footwork is not right and I lose power, the ball risks going into the net - it's true... P7 is easier to use and gives same results apart from a tad less spin on full power shots, a bit less control on both offense and defence, and worse short game... 

If you want to switch from Rakza 7 to a rubber which will give you a more deadly FH using very similar technique... then Adidas P7 is really good.

But to say you need totally different technique to use Nittaku H3 Pro is not right... it's the same technique with a small adaptation (very natural) of moving a bit more forward to guide the ball forward...

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 3:33am
I kind a like the H2 NEO and can play very well with it, although smash isn't as good as I am used to with the euro/jap.
I would like to know is there a big difference between the H2N and the Nitakku H2 Pro. Thanks
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 11:00am
Personally, I think Dianchi or Seamoon is better, since Hurricane is a chinese rubber after all...
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 1:48pm
Can you compare Dianchi and Seamoon on H3 Neo? I currently use Seamoon, but I've heard that many provincial players use Dianchi.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 9:43pm
Sorry, I can't lol I have never used Seamoon. I use Kai Lin Oil. Shanghai team uses Kai Lin and I think Beijing team uses Dianchi. I don't even know if Seamoon is used by professional teams. From what I know, Haifu produced Seamoon for the mass public to use. 

As for performance, I honestly dont think there will be that much difference between Seamoon and Dianchi. I've used Haifu Oil that the CNT uses, however, and it is very similar in viscosity to Seamoon. 
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2015 at 2:45am
FTL is ok for Tenergy rubbers? What is the first layer for a new rubber: water glue or FTL?
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2015 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

FTL is ok for Tenergy rubbers? What is the first layer for a new rubber: water glue or FTL?

recommendation is one WBG layer for slower and more even absorption 
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2015 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

Always put 2 thin layers of WBG first, it makes a big difference in how the setup behaves, especially throw angle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic