Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Cheap medium to soft backhand rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 2:34pm
I tried 729 origin for the 1st time this weekend and for $14 it delivers, especially on BH loops; flat hits suffer though but I think the cause is the tackiness of the rubbers still being new; broken in it will behave much better. the sponge is a bit too hard for hard blades though and I bet it suits better all wood softer ones.
I did not like it much on the FH.

Sponsored Links

AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by kajba kajba wrote:

Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

I thought it would've been obvious enough from seeing my posts if not life in general that courtesy is selective rather than universal, which is why I asked if something about this situation was specifically amiss.

Seriously, this has been Off-topic since your first post and to be honest, I enjoyed this forum UNTIL you started posting. No offence but you are a typical internet-troll and I could, I would have closed this topic.

Why don't you then if this sense of selfishness is so strong?

I started this thread by asking an alternative and cheap backhand rubber due to I dont want to spend so much money buying rubbers. This has NOTHING to do with how I play or WHAT IS BEST for backhand. This was a simple question on what could be a viable solution for me as an EJ who doesn't want to spend too much money.

I got lots of good feedback from many here and all of them has been considered, which resulted me in me buying a rubber.

All I see is a random incomplete list of rubbers not too slow nor tacky. I've certainly asked the question of how this is any better enough times, yet not a single answer.

But again, the question was an alternative rubber not what would suit me or what is best. So your post with:

"I can only imagine how terrible someone's game has to be to require a "BH rubber" to play decent."

Again, "what am best bh rubber" is a pretty typical thread and this comment reflects that. Not everything in the world revolves around YOU, and my comments above already said as much.

Is totally unecessary. The same goes for "you should quit for the benefit of the sport.".

If you havent noticed Table Tennis is a dying sport compared to lots of other sports. To be honest I even think E-sports is bigger than table-tennis.

Maybe if everything there is about "what am best key caps", it would be killing e-sports, too.

Your answer on with:
I'm not so much criticizing the OP as the responses. But if it's criticism you're after, then maybe try a couple cheap rubbers, analyze where they fall short if any and why you can't play effectively with them.

I am not after criticism but viable solution to my problem with rubbers being expensive. Once again nothing to do with HOW I play or WHAT IS BEST. Like yourself stated "It's also most bizzare when EJs ask this since they of all people should be able to adjust for minor throw variations or whatever."
But this is not what I am after, once again.

I realize it's not the advice what you wanted, but realize that sometimes in life that people giving you want isn't the best solution.

So ASSentHEX; If you have nothing to provide to the thread, please stop with what you are doing as it does not help at all. If you are looking to be banned, delete your account. And adding to it, please read the thread before posting anything and please step on lego.

That's funny considered what I said is probably the only worthwhile thing added on top of what can be trivially found if you bothered to search for "cheap bh rubber" on the forum.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

On the matter of disrespectful trolling: we do allow here some degree of impoliteness and some degree of troll-like deviation from the original topic. However, when a poster almost always does one of these two or combines them together, that of course draws our (mods, that is) usually unwelcome attention.

I hope my unsubtle hint will be noticed.

Thank god maybe the mods will start policing these random outbursts when someone posts anything remotely out of norm on the forum.

----
Real talk: Courtesy is one of those traits that are best reciprocated instead of doled on welfare model. While someone can certainly choose to be the better person and take the high road it's also their personal prerogative not to at times. "Not everyone is interested in meaningful discussion", which is a nice way of saying that some stack rank it so far below their ego that they'll do anything to avoid looking bad. Someone has a different sort of better answer? Better trash the thread and blame them for it.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 8:50pm

On the matter of disrespectful trolling: we do allow here some degree of impoliteness and some degree of troll-like deviation from the original topic. However, when a poster almost always does one of these two or combines them together, that of course draws our (mods, that is) usually unwelcome attention.

Thank god maybe the mods will start policing these random outbursts when someone posts anything remotely out of norm on the forum.

do you seriously mean jimT did not think of you at all when writing what you quoted above?

silly me!!!!!  why would he do that?

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 10:38pm

OK, there is a conversation about you in the mods' lounge and one of them wrote something short and spot on about you:

"It's such a shame that a person that can contribute such good content, feels the need to mix it with such negative content, often used to belittle others.."

I am 100% sure only an infinitesimal minority of forum members and mods disagree with the statement.

It would be our pride to see you becoming a better person so we can enjoy what I want to believe you really are: a potentially wonderful poster with a strong aim at enriching the community.

Please let us know overtime that dark side of yours is only some still wet sticky varnish you can wipe off with the strength of your mind.

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 11:37pm
Cheaper rubbers that work on the backhand I've tried are: Tibhar Aurus and Donic Baracuda. From Europe you can get them for way cheaper than in the US ($30-35). It just takes longer to ship to the US (3ish weeks, most of that time is sitting in US customs though).

Contra.de has pretty good discounts if you're buying multiple sheets of rubber. I'd recommend hitting around with some rubbers at your local club first though.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 2:30am
I have tried many rubbers.   If you don't loop then try SP.  If you loop then IQUL SV or Reg will work and both are cheap,  at leas in the US.

IQUL works but H2N or H3N work a little better on the BH if you can play with the harder sponge.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 9:03am

I can only imagine how terrible someone's game has to be to require a "BH rubber" to play decent. If a $10 galaxy max-tense truely "doesn't work" you should quit for the benefit of the sport.

It's also most bizzare when EJs ask this since they of all people should be able to adjust for minor throw variations or whatever.

Not exactly the first thought that comes to my mind in response to a post from a guy who plays in a Swedish league (the original poster, if you follow the thread a bit).

Edited by Baal - 09/03/2013 at 9:04am
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

do you seriously mean jimT did not think of you at all when writing what you quoted above?

silly me!!!!!  why would he do that?

If you have to ponder whether something seemingly outrageous is srs, it probably isn't. But better mods confirm when unsure, and I appreciate that.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

OK, there is a conversation about you in the mods' lounge and one of them wrote something short and spot on about you:

"It's such a shame that a person that can contribute such good content, feels the need to mix it with such negative content, often used to belittle others.."

I am 100% sure only an infinitesimal minority of forum members and mods disagree with the statement.

It would be our pride to see you becoming a better person so we can enjoy what I want to believe you really are: a potentially wonderful poster with a strong aim at enriching the community.

Please let us know overtime that dark side of yours is only some still wet sticky varnish you can wipe off with the strength of your mind.

Allow me to also clarify this side of the story: I've been on the internet for a long time, and probably seen more of these situations than almost any mod. Internet forum moderation tends to be reactionary to complaints, and this is evident when I ask about specific problems in details the reply always equivocates to some nebulous "general displeasure", ie someone lacks the substance to argue their case and thus deem other methods necessary to "victory". It's a terrible way to moderate since it rewards the squeaky wheel irrespective of merit, but then you get what you pay for (this would be example of gallows humor).  

For example, consider these very recent posts: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62518&PID=745189&title=playing-with-left-hand-for-right-handed-people#745189. Baal here is demonstrably wrong in rather simple math, yet deems it necessary to to throw ad homs, unsubstantiated accusations, and outright fabrication to see what sticks. Less impressive mods are likely to believe some of this innuendo instead of investigating in any depth to see what's justified or not, and while that's unfortunate it's certainly not uncommon.

This view of reality can be considered to be dark, and I completely agree that's how reality often is. People react irrationally when taken to task on plain facts, and some do whatever it takes to get their way. Not a surprise just as everyone sees everpresent desires here for cheap TT wins. Just be aware there's a somewhat mutually exclusive choice to either make the product bland enough to be palatable to the lowest common denominator, or drop the LCD's expectation of being pampered.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 11:45am
Give it a rest.  You jumped in to this thread, contributed nothing but vague insults about the OPs level, or anyone's level who can't use Moon, or who is asking for a BH rubber, or whatever.  Then you got called on it, and look at the mess the thread has become.  No apology from you either, just further nonsense about rubber lists, and the metaphysical nature of the internet community.  If you can't see that your first post in this thread is totally useless, and borderline offensive, then I don't know what to say to you.
There were thousands of more polite and useful ways you could have posted here.  You could have asked for the OP's playing level/style.  You could have helped by specifically showing how some of the suggestions might be a bad idea, and given your reasons.  It was harder for you to post in the non-helpful, aggro way that you did, rather than just being polite and trying to help.  But you did anyway, because BLAAAAAHHHH and whatever you have tried to justify since.

So carry on.  Keep jumping into threads with unhelpful and offensive posts.  Let's see where that ends up.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Give it a rest.  You jumped in to this thread, contributed nothing but vague insults about the OPs level, or anyone's level who can't use Moon, or who is asking for a BH rubber, or whatever.  Then you got called on it, and look at the mess the thread has become.  No apology from you either, just further nonsense about rubber lists, and the metaphysical nature of the internet community.  If you can't see that your first post in this thread is totally useless, and borderline offensive, then I don't know what to say to you.
There were thousands of more polite and useful ways you could have posted here.  You could have asked for the OP's playing level/style.  You could have helped by specifically showing how some of the suggestions might be a bad idea, and given your reasons.  It was harder for you to post in the non-helpful, aggro way that you did, rather than just being polite and trying to help.  But you did anyway, because BLAAAAAHHHH and whatever you have tried to justify since.

So carry on.  Keep jumping into threads with unhelpful and offensive posts.  Let's see where that ends up.

+1
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

This is another good example of what I said. Instead of trying to clarify what's going on, the first reaction was to create some people-drama, and then try to pawn off the blame on the victim of this trash. From the rampant dogpiling on this forum it's deducible that the collective experience is this works. It wasn't until maybe 5 posts down and heavy prodding that anyone even bothered to ask what was meant after it was already explained, and there've yet to be anything meaningful on the topic @ hand after this (recall it was cheap BH rubbers).

This would've been a plausibly misunderstanding if it involved the sort to claim there's no way someone can be 1569.69 while playing with a soft-bodied animal, but this doesn't appear the case.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 9:41pm
Someone needs to give the man a bucket to catch the dribble or give me one to throw up in ! :)
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 9:58pm
Will the blue one do?
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 5:10pm
keep calm people, relax, it's table tennis.

We  try different rubbers, not because this is better, this has more spin, this has a bit more speed, this has blue sponge, this is red...it's all together, plus the feeling the rubber give while playing....I think, once you get a resonably fast rubber, with good spin, then, the biggest factor that makes you keep it or not...is the feeling, if you feel good using it, you can, attack fast, spinny, high, low, deep, short, with sidespin, no spin, flat hit, lob, smash, verything, once you find that rubber you will know, and you will keep it.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2015 at 7:15pm
Joola Maxxx 450 Max is soft topsheet medium-soft big pore sponge. Heavy factory boosted already.

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2015 at 7:39pm
(zero pong) LKT- "rapid soft"...great backhand rubber for around $14.00..and it last forever! 32-35 degree sponge. you cant go wrong for the price.
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 1:49am
Hammond Pro Beta is great - I switched to it from Rakza 7 / soft and it's much better and cheaper! 

Originally posted by kajba kajba wrote:

I have been searching alot in the forums but couldnt find "that" much. I have a confession to make and I am an EJ! :)
t
Anyways I recently bought a new Rakza 7 Soft but it literally shrank 2mm on top and the bottom! During the time it was glued. Worst part is this happened after 3 practice session.. It hurts my wallet everytime i buy a new rubber as its so expensive and now I would like to have a "cheaper" rubber. The rubbers in sweden is expensive, about 400 Swedish Kronor for a rakza 7 soft which is 57 bucks!

Is there any Cheap but decent rubber for a lower price range? XIOM rubbers goes for about the same price and same with BlueFire.
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 4:06am
You can buy rakza 7/ soft from ta q japan it cost about 40 $ shipping included.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 7:33pm
tabletennispont.com
tt11.com
dandoysports.com
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 12:53pm
Trying to stay within the boundaries of this topic... of the rubbers mentioned above,  can someone recommend a couple lightweight rubbers?  Something not tacky that would play like like a Sriver or IQUL?

LKT Pro XP? Air Illumina?

heavyforehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 10:10pm
Gambler Reflectoid is pretty tacky, but I'd still suggest it as it is very light and is easy to use. It is also inexpensive and just great on the backhand.

Apparently I missed a lot of drama. That AgentHEX guy reads as a very angry and unhappy person. I felt bad for him reading this post and cringed multiple times. Hopefully he is doing better now.

Edited by heavyforehand - 10/05/2015 at 10:12pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (86 grams)

FH : Joola Rhyzm Max

BH : Joola Rhyzm Max

Weight - 186 grams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic