Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bluefire M2 or JP01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arxidiavol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluefire M2 or JP01
    Posted: 09/10/2013 at 7:08am
Hi all!
I am using TB ALC with T05 2.1 both sides.
Of course, I am looking for kind of replacement for my T05.
Mostly, I play close to table and my main focus is  spin from both sides.
Which rubber Bluefire M2 or JP01, will suit me be better for my purpose?
Sponsored Links

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 7:43am
Haven't played with the M1JP, but I have played with M1,2,3 and M3 JP, if I have to pick one for looping close to the table, pick M2. IMO, m3 and m3 JP are more suite to play off the table more, I.e. medium distance because they throw high. So the ball may fly off the table easier if you are too close to the table.   M1 to me is to hard to loop with it to have a good feel. But this may be a personal preference. M2 does give you a more balanced approach in loop shots closer to the table. Hope this helps.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by arxidiavol arxidiavol wrote:

Hi all!

What is it about T05 you don't like?  That would make it easier to recommend something else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 9:37am
Thanks for input!
Any other opinions ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by arxidiavol arxidiavol wrote:

Hi all!

What is it about T05 you don't like?  That would make it easier to recommend something else.
Price, of course. Anything else can be fixed by booster)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 9:48am
I see.  I spent a bunch of money trying to find something I liked as much as Tenergy but never really did, partly because I was too impatient to give myself time to get used to them.  From my experience, M1 (FH) and M2 (BH) are pretty good and if you give yourself time to get used to them would allow you to play the same way you do now with Tenergy (with subtle changes in racket angle on some shots that you will figure out in time---but that would be true for pretty much anything you change to).  Of course, price of Butterfly rubbers came down a bit, and you only save a few bucks per sheet with the Donic (at least those are the prices here in US), so why bother?  Also, experience at my club is that Tenergy has better durability -- or at least stability over time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 10:07am
In EU it can make the difference, here T05 price is 50+ EUR, 2 Donic Rubbers from Tibi costs more or less the same. Also when I was at the internship I have seen some members from National women team and some of them play pretty effective with tensors, like Rasant. So, just asked myself a queston, why do I need a T05 if I am not a National player.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 10:20am
I hear you on the pricing issue.  Butterfly will continue to lose sales in the EU amongst the below-elite players because of their price-rigging activity.  Now that the current generation of tensors play so well, I can't stomach a £50 price tag either.

For the close alternative, M2 is your man.  It's not the same, and the booster will wear off, but if you can get 2 x M2 for 1 x Tenergy, then you're still winning overall.  JP-01 is a good rubber, but has a very dead feel in the short game in comparison to T05, so your adjustment would be harder.

On the other hand, you can get Tenergy for <$60 shipped on the forums now, so I've been lured back in...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 10:59am
I liked the Evolution rubbers too.  MX-P and EL-P. 

Wow.  That pricing would make a difference.  Here is US, Donic is about 60 USD, Tenergy is 67 (the most you would pay, some places less).

Some of this could be currency exchange rates too.

Edited by Baal - 09/10/2013 at 11:00am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 4:15pm
I have tried jp1 and jp3 xiom omega and evolution tibhar , they are all overpriced compared to tenergy that last longer by two times to say the least . So the worst you can do is to play with these instead of tenergy. But you should think of a cheap rubber and very good but need a technique change but in the long run you will benefit and play the same level again, for this option you only have the stiga calibras.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2013 at 9:04pm
I agree with Mickael pretty much about durability and stability of T05 compared to Bluefire and for sure Evolution.  I think Tenergy lasts longer and changes less during the course of its life.  Your national team ladies get it for free, so don't care about durability.  So as a matter of economics, for ordinary people it may not be quite as obvious as it seems.  On the other hand, from a playing perspective when you come right down to it, all of these rubbers under discussion are designed for more or less the same way of playing and once you get used to them are not going to make that much difference unless you are competing at a really really high level.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2013 at 4:25pm
for me T05 and Mx-p lose grip in roughly same pace through their life... but T05's drop in performance after first week is fairly significant.

Spongewise none of the rubbers deteriorate that fast. So i just clean the mx-p topsheet with Paraffin oil once a week, and that brings the grip back like new.

I get fairly long life from Mx-p with very stable predictable performance.

[warning: you should play immediately after cleaning with PO. at least 1 hour wait time]
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2013 at 4:29pm
The Mx-p is one of the worst rubbers I have found for shrinking.
Shifter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 8:42am

Thanks for suggestions!

One more question. Should I add Acuda S2 for consideration or it would be too slow?

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

[warning: you should play immediately after cleaning with PO. at least 1 hour wait time]

sorry debraj, do you mean "you should not play immediately"?

And what happens if we do play immediately?

And, by PO do you mean kerosene or baby oil? thx

Edited by seguso - 09/18/2013 at 9:00am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 4:04pm
Using Bluefire JP01 Max on a Donic Epox Power Carbon. It play really well on this blade and I believe the reason is that the Epox PC tends to be more hugging (holds the ball longer) than my main blades which can be seen on my signature. Both the Liping and the Waldner tend to be more repulsive in comparison. The M2 matches very well with both blades. However the M2 on the Epox PC tends to be too dwelly from what I recall when I tried it about six months ago.

The combination of both JP01 and Epox PC is a powerhouse and very enjoyable to play with. I am enjoying it so much I have been playing this setup constantly for the last three weeks.

Strengths for the Bluefire JP01 that I have found: Very good spin especially in counter looping, very powerful and very fast, lifts back spin easily, very durable top sheet, good touch game and a lovely sound and feel.

The only minor gripe from me is that I would have preferred the throw to be a bit higher.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

for me T05 and Mx-p lose grip in roughly same pace through their life... but T05's drop in performance after first week is fairly significant.
]

Sorry, but you are imagining things. I have never experienced that effect and neither have I heard any player, whether pro or not, mention anything like this. 

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 5:41pm
Try Tibhar Aurus, which can be had for less than $40 from presports.com or sometimes (when they have a sale) from European stores like Dandoy or tabletennis11. It is quite durable and certainly one of the lighter ones compared to T-05, and M2 (which is even heavier than T-05).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 1:49am
Jp01 and jp03 eventually lasts a lot longer than m2.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2014 at 12:22am
Any thoughts on how long the booster effect stays after gluing Jp01 -  1/2 week or 3 weeks or more ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2014 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

Using Bluefire JP01 Max on a Donic Epox Power Carbon. It play really well on this blade and I believe the reason is that the Epox PC tends to be more hugging (holds the ball longer) than my main blades which can be seen on my signature. Both the Liping and the Waldner tend to be more repulsive in comparison. The M2 matches very well with both blades. However the M2 on the Epox PC tends to be too dwelly from what I recall when I tried it about six months ago.

The combination of both JP01 and Epox PC is a powerhouse and very enjoyable to play with. I am enjoying it so much I have been playing this setup constantly for the last three weeks.

Strengths for the Bluefire JP01 that I have found: Very good spin especially in counter looping, very powerful and very fast, lifts back spin easily, very durable top sheet, good touch game and a lovely sound and feel.

The only minor gripe from me is that I would have preferred the throw to be a bit higher.
+1 on most things mentioned above. 

I would like to refer the dwell time as hold time and i noticed exactly the same thing when i played JP01 on my primary setup (violin) - i could make the ball stay pretty much i want before releasing than many rubbers including Tenergy series and that resulted in me able to control and generate amount of spin on the ball i would need - not sure if this is a combination effect of top sheet + sponge or booster effect or whatever but it feels great . JP01 is great at both spin and speed ( smashes / drives ) which is one of the reason i really like this rubber as i am not a pro  who could loop / loop/ loop every ball at the table but i have more of an all round game and drives/smashes are important aspect in my game . To this end the rubber is both forgiving and easy to play. The throw seems to be medium high on this rubber , i don't know if the BH rubber affects this or not , but that is how i would say the throw currently on JP01 .
The top sheet after about 20 hours of play is still grippy and no signs of wear and tear. I have used Donic Vario clean to glue it on my paddle not sure if the Blue contact makes any difference at all in terms of feel. 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2014 at 3:52pm
any comparison between JP 01 and Adidas P7? 
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic