Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Dwelly+Flexible+Soft) All+ to OFF- blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Dwelly+Flexible+Soft) All+ to OFF- blade
    Posted: 10/11/2013 at 8:07am
Ok good people, I am searching for opinions on a ALL+ to OFF- blade that is mainly for controlled loop attacks with passive blocks and precise placing.
I think a dwelly blade gives the precision of loop attacks and comfort of not over shooting, flexibility helps the blocking and its placement, and softness for the feel of the ball and short games.
A blade suited for tt artistry, and that is not so dead in mid distance.

My style: I used to have explosive attacking style, but now I am trying to have a controlled offensive game (something like Waldner/Appelgren styles), because I noticed I score more with precise placing even if the shots are not that fast.
I loop with both wings, I am very active during matches.

Now, what blade suits in this category??

EDIT: After some research I came up with a list:
-Yasaka Sweden Classic.
-Yasaka Extra 3D.
-Donic Waldner Senso Carbon.
-Donic Applegren Allplay Senso V1.
-Donic Waldner exclusive AR+.
-Stiga Allround Classic.
-Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact.

I hope I get more feedback.

Edited by Mahmood - 10/11/2013 at 3:08pm
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

FH: 729 transced (red max)
BH: BlueFire M1 (black Max)
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 8:22am
OSP expert? Except it's not that soft.
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 9:53am
Avalox BT 550 or 555, Stiga AC, OC

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 2:00pm
Stiga ac oversize if you can find one
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 2:37pm
tibhar samsonov premium contact. excellent all+ off - blade used by many cadets here in Portugal and all over  europe, it also has very good price :)
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Mahmood Mahmood wrote:

Ok good people, I am searching for opinions on a ALL+ to OFF- blade that is mainly for controlled loop attacks with passive blocks and precise placing.
I think a dwelly blade gives the precision of loop attacks and comfort of not over shooting, flexibility helps the blocking and its placement, and softness for the feel of the ball and short games.

Now, what blade suits in this category??

EDIT: A blade suited for tt artistry, and that is not so dead in mid distance. 

It depends on your playing level. Shocked
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 3:08pm
Edited!
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 4:04pm

a dwelly blade gives the precision of loop attacks and comfort of not over shooting, flexibility helps the blocking and its placement, and softness for the feel of the ball and short games.
I am surprised nobody commented on this; I had in mind from reading the forums in between other sources that flexibility was for better looping and blocking was more advantaged by the stiffness of a blade.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 4:20pm
It's certainly my experience that blocking and hitting are better with a stiffer blade.  A flexy blade loops well, but is unpredictable without topspin.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 4:37pm
Donic Burn ALL+ is also excellent, plus the FL grip is outstanding.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

a dwelly blade gives the precision of loop attacks and comfort of not over shooting, flexibility helps the blocking and its placement, and softness for the feel of the ball and short games.
I am surprised nobody commented on this; I had in mind from reading the forums in between other sources that flexibility was for better looping and blocking was more advantaged by the stiffness of a blade.

While I understand your point, I have to contradict you. If you get used to a flexible blade and know its feeling well, you can block easier than a harder/stiff blade.
Because a flexible soft blade reduces the speed of the coming drastically, hence giving you the advantage of mobilizing the opponent.

I think blocking, or better said, feeling/understanding blocking is an art in TT. Look for example Jan Ove Waldner is/was using a speed-elastic flexible blade and he was very performant in the blocking field.

So this is my aim, trying to reach that level of understanding the blade, that I can use it even for blocking.
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 5:51pm
+1 for samsonov premium contact.

excellent blade
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2013 at 11:13pm
A few favorite of mine are:

Samsonov Alpha good up to mid distance fairly explosive
Donic Walder offensive (yellow handle) Incredible control and precision at the table not too explosive
Tibhar IV-L heavier soft thicker great for blocking and looping
Yasaka Extra a classic good for everything decent power and catapult.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2013 at 12:16am
Gambler ALC all the way. Inexpensive, soft, flexy, not very fast.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic