Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

He Zhi Wen schooling another defender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: He Zhi Wen schooling another defender
    Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:15pm
Flawless performance by Juanito.

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

sticharo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:26pm
The defender didn't attack enough. When he did he was mostly successful.

Any idea what the guy was chopping with....?
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:29pm
Nice video. Hard to beat these old guys by just chopping - He Zhi Wen, Walder, Primorac, Persson etc....pretty much the only guy you can beat is Timo Boll!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by sticharo sticharo wrote:

The defender didn't attack enough. When he did he was mostly successful.

Any idea what the guy was chopping with....?

He didn't attack simply because he was not given many chances to attack.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 3:35pm
What's the name of that event?
When did it happen?
skip3119
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 4:03pm
How much top spin does He generate by using his SP rubber? It seems that his loops are pretty spinny in the video.
sticharo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 4:05pm
Chicho....the defender need to create opportunities to attack. Just chopping the ball back to the middle of the table isn't going to win many matches....even at lower levels.

He's rolling the ball back with his short pips....nothing fancy or too frightening. The defender never varied his play.

On the other hand....He Zhi Wen is still pretty damn good....on that you will get  no argument from me.

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 4:25pm

HZW is wanting for more attacking power when playing choppers.
Shiono shall destroy him with ease.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

He didn't attack simply because he was not given many chances to attack.
Correct. HZW pretty much did here what he does to other defenders like Gionis or Jang Song Man. He targets the chopper's BH side to pin them.  To prevent the step around to the FH, he also goes to the FH hip or wide FH sometimes.  What might have helped Wang is twirl the inverted side to his BH once in a while so he can loop.  This invites a block from HZW and if the block is not well-placed, Wang could step around.  That said, Wang does not seem to be a world class chopper (is he? he looks around 2600).  And to face a short pips penholder, it's usually a disaster... for the chopper.  HZW's longevity is amazing.  At 51 y/o playing at this level is impressive.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:08pm
Are you crazy...Wang only looks like a 2600 player? He looks a lot better than a 2600 player to me. HZW was a solid Top 50 player and no 2600 chopper would beat him like that.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:11pm
Sh pips is murder for L/pips, in the right hands of course, less spin for the LP's to 'bite'.
 The Defender couldn't attack without stepping round, of course he had some success when he did, but was always in danger of succumbing wide to his f/hand with the HZW block/hit. The thing is with HZW, he's terribly patient, and defenders hate that. I watched him surgically dissect Matt Syed at Manchester worlds, he plays out the rally scenario, if the big one comes back, he just starts over again, the defender has no where to go. Everyone in the arena could see Syed had absolutely no chance, including Matt himself. Deadly. 

If anyone can find that, I would love to see it again.
The Older I get, The better I was.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 5:50pm
He Zhi Wen is just so fun to watch. Such a unique style.

The stroke he made during the point at :52 in was quite impressive. You rarely see him backed off the table and to stroke the ball like that with SP is impressive.

I've always found it interesting when playing choppers, he rarely pushes any backspin balls. Just keeps soft looping until he sees one he likes to go after.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 6:55pm
He Zhi Wen plays amazingly well... for a 52 YO. Over a year ago he played in Polish primary league and some players ittf ranked below 100 just owned him. Age is age... 
There is a tendency to adore his mastery based on his matches against much weaker opponents, including the OP post, where I agree that the chopper seems to be a US2600. 
While I admire HZW for his smart game, fighting spirit and also great control with his pips, we need to be realistic... perhaps just watch the video clips from his matches against well known pros?

Edited by JacekGM - 12/18/2013 at 7:37pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 8:20pm
IMO, the chopper is rated at least 2650-2700.

His loop is not spinny at all. I guess that's the way he wants. Chopper had little spin to work with.
Good tactic. Almost never push because balls from chopper are not spinny to begin with so he can continue rolling/looping until BAM! here comes fast flat ball. Not many players can do this.

Every time he looped to my FH and I tried to block it the ball ended up at the bottom of the net.

www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 8:34pm
you gotta lve HZWs charge up
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

How much top spin does He generate by using his SP rubber? It seems that his loops are pretty spinny in the video.

with 729 802 you can generate almost same spin as with inverted.
but he probably doesn't even want to generate much spin.
remember that the more spin he generates the more spin that comes back.
and he doesn't seem to be trying to overpower the other guy, he's just passing the ball hoping one of the chops will be high so he can start smashing.
he knows that he can't win a point just looping so he needs to be patient.
it's either an error or a high ball where he can start smashing.

Edited by puppy412 - 12/18/2013 at 9:03pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

He Zhi Wen plays amazingly well... for a 52 YO. Over a year ago he played in Polish primary league and some players ittf ranked below 100 just owned him. Age is age... 
There is a tendency to adore his mastery based on his matches against much weaker opponents, including the OP post, where I agree that the chopper seems to be a US2600. 
While I admire HZW for his smart game, fighting spirit and also great control with his pips, we need to be realistic... perhaps just watch the video clips from his matches against well known pros?

Know little about HZW.
When Boll won Waldner then lost to HZW.
Being Schlager world champion and an expert player against mixed players lost to HZW 4-0 next wttc.
HZW is a player always difficult to play against. This is realistic.
I doubt even with 52 year old that any polish player can have an easy playing time to beat him.
He is one player to push an upset to a higuer rated player.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Let's see how he qualified for the London Olympics

In a similar style he demolished other top 100 players. He just plays on a different(much higher) level the important matches.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 12/18/2013 at 10:50pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2013 at 11:06pm
His world ranking is what it is for a reason. 
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 8:23am
Great to watch He Zhi Wen playing defenders. His attacking against chops looks so effortless.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 9:08am
My bad Beaver...when you said Wang looks only like a 2600 chopper I thought you were commenting on the player in the video immediately above your post (Jang Song Man). There is no way that guy is only 2600. I watched HZW lose to Man and was very impressed with his defense...he is another level above (Wang) in the first video posted here. I agree Wang only looks to be about 2600 - 2650.
BTW...HZW is definitely one of my favorite players. I love the way he grunts loudly when he attacks. A 2200 Chinese player I play with regularly said HZW was definitely in the Top 10 when he was in his prime. The only problem was that at that time China already had Jiang Liang, and another great pips player so they didn't want to send 3 pips players to the worlds. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:04am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

When did it happen?

french pro b in 2013
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

tatar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

When did it happen?

That was 11/19/2013, during French Champioship Pro B (2nd division).

Wang is a professional player, rated 2650 in France, rank n° 103. I think it's close to 2600 usa rating, maybe a little below.

There's a huge level difference with He, who is n° 6 in French payers list (3650 points). 1000 points represents the difference between a beginner (500 pts = 1200 USA) and a good club player (1500 points =2000 USA). Above 2100 points (=2300 USA), you are in top 1000 of french players.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 12:11pm
Thanks for the information about the event.  I have always enjoyed He Zhi Wen's match videos.
skip3119
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

My bad Beaver...when you said Wang looks only like a 2600 chopper I thought you were commenting on the player in the video immediately above your post (Jang Song Man). There is no way that guy is only 2600. I watched HZW lose to Man and was very impressed with his defense...he is another level above (Wang) in the first video posted here. I agree Wang only looks to be about 2600 - 2650.
BTW...HZW is definitely one of my favorite players. I love the way he grunts loudly when he attacks. A 2200 Chinese player I play with regularly said HZW was definitely in the Top 10 when he was in his prime. The only problem was that at that time China already had Jiang Liang, and another great pips player so they didn't want to send 3 pips players to the worlds. 

No problem, buddy.  You and I are starting a tradition on disagreeing about ratings just like the long pips Russian girl Smile But hey, it's all good.  I respect your opinion and having a healthy debate is a good thing.

Yeah, I was confused about your post because you said the chopper beat HZW.  Of course, now I see that you're referring to Jang Song Man and not Wang Jiuliang a Morez so it's clearer.  The reason why I rated Wang as 2600 is I was using Wang Qing Liang (chopper from MD) as a reference who is also around 2600.  I don't see Jiuliang any better than Qing Liang although any chopper playing HZW usually doesn't look good... unless they are named Jang Song Man.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 4:47pm
also hZW sounds like Dhaslim from Street Fighter
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 6:03pm
HZW is simply inmortal! He is well know in my Country (Spain) and has been the main player in National Team for years.

Edited by Antuan - 12/19/2013 at 6:04pm
raphyelrosby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raphyelrosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:11pm
That guy is sick...I love watching how he frustrates people with those short pips.
Xiom Hayabusa ZX, Sigma II pro on FH, Vega Elite BH.

simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:20pm
amazing short pip loop form HZW
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
tatar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 5:00am
HZW lost 2 matches on the last 2013 round of this championship, against opponents who are weaker on paper (Jon Persson n°45, 2930 pts and Sebastien Jover n°47, 2920 pts). Weight of the years begins to be heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=scY3xsLIsM4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3opiP570mg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic