Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

the best rubber to use booster on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tibhar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibhar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the best rubber to use booster on
    Posted: 12/29/2013 at 9:47am
I am just wondering about which rubbers is good to use booster on.
i have tried to boost t05, but i feel t05 is getting to mushy Cry
i have also heard that bluefire M1 has the same problem.
i have used dandoy bio booster.
please help! Smile
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 10:32am
Xiom Sigma 1 Pro
Xiom Omega IV Pro
Xiom Vega Pro
are the ones I've seen boosted well with Falco.
Tibhar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibhar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 1:51pm
how many layers did you use with falco? 
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 1:55pm
Tibhar MX-P + Falco seems to work quite well :-)
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 3:28pm
this whole boosting business has done more harm than good for the community. That's for sure. 

You should know one thing about boosting, it makes the properties of the rubber very unstable. You may like it right after the boost, but a week later it will play worse than if u never touched it. 

Frankly, unless u are talking about some dead sponge chinese rubber (which they all are out of the box), boosting will really mess up a otherwise good rubber. Test it on some old ones that u don't care about. But to put on a brand new 50$ + rubber is just reckless.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 3:40pm
If it's the best, it does not need booster. If it needs booster to become the best, then no doubt H2/3 BS is your path to the temple of gods.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 3:57pm
I agree there is no need to boost, say, a brand new MX-P. But an MX-P after 6 months of intensive use is a different thing, and gentle boosting does revive it.
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 4:09pm
Chinese tacky rubber with hard sponge are perfect for boosting, like DHS Hurricane 3/2. 
But be ware of the newer generation of H3/H2, the NEO version already has been factory tuned. 

I don't know if any European rubber needs boosting, most of them already have Tensor build in, which itself is a boost. 

Same thing with the T series. 
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 4:19pm
I boost the Simga Pro 2 and it play like a dream
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

this whole boosting business has done more harm than good for the community. That's for sure. 

You should know one thing about boosting, it makes the properties of the rubber very unstable. You may like it right after the boost, but a week later it will play worse than if u never touched it. 

Frankly, unless u are talking about some dead sponge chinese rubber (which they all are out of the box), boosting will really mess up a otherwise good rubber. Test it on some old ones that u don't care about. But to put on a brand new 50$ + rubber is just reckless.

I completely agree with this. 

Even on the chinese ones, I've resorted to just boosting it once, and never messing with it again until the rubber is ready for changing. 

tenergy, bluefire, anything new. More harm than good. Instability and disappointment in getting it right just make it not worth trying on any of the high tec rubbers. Save it for your old stuff as a means of revitalization maybe.  
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 5:50pm
New gen rubbers no longer need to be boosted anymore,at least during their usable life. If you think BF-m1 isn't fast enough just straight of the package, you must surely be another pro of the bunch we've got at this forum...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Tibhar77 Tibhar77 wrote:

i have tried to boost t05, but i feel t05 is getting to mushy Cry
i have also heard that bluefire M1 has the same problem.
i have used dandoy bio booster.
please help! Smile
  I think boosting T05 ruins it.  Just my opinion.  I only tried it with Dandoy.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 6:28am

Laws of Table Tennis
2.4.7 The racket covering shall be used without any physical, chemical or other treatment.

If you're not sure what this means, I'm sure someone can explain it to you.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 4:28pm
Those that Ashish mentions but there is no point. As the others said before me they do not add any good to the latest generation of rubbers. They may increase the speed a tiny bit but there is a drop in control. The rule is that look for hard rubbers because the oil will soften them up often resulting in a mushy rubber.

The Xiom Sigma / Omega IV series are very good as they are, for example.
tg3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 4:34pm
I have a theory that bryce speed is very good with booster. I think that bryce speed was designed to be boosted Smile
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by tg3 tg3 wrote:

I think that bryce speed was designed to be boosted Smile
It was actually designed to be used with speed glue. Wink
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tg3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

no, old bryce was designed for speed glue, bryce speed came at the time speed glue became illegal Smile
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

no, old bryce was designed for speed glue, bryce speed came at the time speed glue became illegal Smile

No, Bryce Speed came out before speed glue ban -- maybe a year or so.  I used to speed glue it legally.  They also had an FX version that was supposed to be especially responsive to speed glue, again before the Fall 2008 ban..  It may be that these rubbers respond well to boosters -- actually it would not surprise me at all -- but they were not originally designed for boosters. 
tg3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 5:02pm
Michael Maze used Bryce speed when he won ettc in 2009.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 5:13pm
Yes, and so?  I used it with speed glue at the Southern Open in 2007.  It was my favorite rubber from the time it came out until the speed glue ban.  I thought it was incredible with glue.  I am not saying you are wrong about the main point you are making, though.  Probably the properties that made Bryce Speed respond well to speed glue make it also respond well to booster.  I never tried it with booster, though.  After speed glue ban I played with a couple of different tensors and then switched to Tenergy.  I once tried boosting Tenergy and I think it was an expensive mistake.   

Edit:  Also Bryce Speed is also really durable.
tg3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 6:25pm
have someone tried bryce speed with booster? Tongue
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 8:06pm
H3.H2,TG3,TG2
Shifter
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 8:24pm
Someone in Korea had me remove their 5+ yr old sheet of Bryce from their bat (unused 5 yrs) and for jollies, I boosted it and put it on an all wood OFF to OFF - blade. It was a bomb of a rubber, simply came to life, everything landed it seemed. Even 4 months later, especially in counterloop to counterloop drills, that dog could hunt and keep it on the table.

So, I would say an old sheet of Bryce is a good candidate if one is of the mind to do so.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Laws of Table Tennis
2.4.7 The racket covering shall be used without any physical, chemical or other treatment.

after much laborious consideration of this rule, I have decided it's incredibly flawed and very much in the interest of manufacturers, retailers, and the ITTF which receives advertisement money

said differently, the rule is a joke. you can spend big bucks and open up a "factory-tuned" rubber every time you play, or you could rejuvenate it yourself to a playing condition no more advantageous than when you bought it.

but that's not what this thread is about anyway. so if you want to preach about rules, kick up one of the umpteen threads on the matter

edited to correct a typo

Edited by the_theologian - 12/31/2013 at 6:25am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 11:07pm
Sriver L was incredible when boosted. I remember using Tibhar Clean Tunning booster on it back in time.
Much better than current Tenergy is out of the box: boosted Sriver was better spin, better speed, superior feel. Try that.

Edit: forgot about great sound boosted Sriver had - a nice bonus.

Edited by 7plywood - 12/30/2013 at 11:10pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 11:10pm

Laws of Table Tennis

Shifter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 11:12pm
Stuck, move on
Shifter
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Laws of Table Tennis
after much laborious consideration of this rule, I have decided it's incredibly flawed and very much in the interest of manufacturers, retailers, and the ITTF which receives advertisement money
Quite frankly what you have decided is pretty much irrelevant. Whether the rule is flawed or if it benefits manufacturers is not up for debate. The only decision you get to make is to follow the rule or to cheat.

said differently, the rule is a joke.
You can say it any way you like and as often as you wish and in any font size that you have handy, it won't change the reality that the rule is the rule.

but that's not what this thread it about anyway.
Wrong. This is precisely what this thread is about. Any discussion of booster takes place within the context of the rules that govern the game. Every choice to boost is a conscious decision not to follow the rules of the game. Make that choice by all means, but do so admitting that you know you're cheating.

And, if that's preaching, well I'm old enough to know that nobody listens anyway.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 6:18am
Tassie,

Is it cheating if the OP just wants to play to have fun with friends and never enter competition? Have you assumed the OP wants to covertly gain advantage in sanctioned competition?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2013 at 7:14am
I suppose only chinese rubber for boosting? Is falco tempo long booster good for hurricane/skyline? I dont like too soft a rubber actually..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic