FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 80FX coming!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

same here. It's true that T64FX is quite bouncy for a Tenergy rubber but difficult to find a rubber as soft and as linear as T64FX. It's not as linear as other Tenergy rubbers but more linear than all other tensors with the same hardness.

There are three qualities that almost all Tenergy rubbers share

a) characteristic "deadness" (lack of spring-like reaction) to slow balls in slow shots, which allows nice control at the net, controlled blocking, good dropshots

b) very grippy topsheet, second in that regard only to sticky Chinese-style rubbers

c) very nice spring catapult acceleration on strong shots including power topspin loops etc. (some people don't like it since it could be very non-linear and requires a lot of practice to get used to).

T-64 FX lacks A and mostly even C (due to its linearity... nice speed doesn't mean there is a catapult) and I am not even sure that B - topsheet grippiness - is as good as with other Tenergies. That is why I say they should not have released it as a Tenergy rubber, that just confuses people who buy it thinking it is a Tenergy.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

ChrisUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

The regular T80 is already too soft. I have a pretty new sheet that has a bad cut right in the middle, so I don't use it in the club, but I put it on yasaka gatien .. a blade with hard outer plies, not sure what they are.. and use it at work. It feels so damn soft on a hard blade. FX in that rubber is unthinkable to me. I don't know a single rubber where I prefer the soft sponge over the hard one.

With respect, everyone has different preferences when it comes to their setup, it's quite a personal thing.

I've tried regular T80 and found if too hard so I'm looking forward to seeing what the FX version is like. Whilst the FX rubber might be unthinkable to you, I've always preferred using them. Neither of us are wrong, we just like different things.
The Twiddler
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

In my opinion (and you seem to say smth along the same lines) T-64 FX is not a Tenergy rubber at all. There is no need for it to exist even since it is playing as so many other rubbers (and cheaper ones too) on the market. It has no Tenergy-like qualities whatsoever and there is a huge difference in feeling between T-05 FX and T-64 FX, imho. But to each his own... Wink

Presumably, T64-FX is just the 64 topsheet on the FX sponge. So it's still pretty much Tenergy. Maybe something about combining these two components washes out some of the Tenergy feel of the rubber. If nothing else, it serves as an interesting case of how small structural changes in the rubber makeup can result in big changes overall.

I preferred 05-FX as a BH rubber on harder blades, but I can't stand it on softer blades. I tried it on the XZQ, Waldner Legend, and the JRE, and seemed erratic to me. Also, I play a lot of my BH stuff close-in, and 05-FX was poor there on these blades. But 64-FX felt right. And I've used a LOT of other rubbers in its class on the BH too - I just feel that 64-FX is the best fit on the JRE for me amongst them all. At full Tenergy prices I wouldn't bother with 64-FX - there are a lot of tensors which are close to it these days. But at £35 a pop (rather than £50), I can stomach it, and it feels more solid and reliable to me. My previous long-termer was Aurus Soft, and it's excellent, but I do get the occasional odd event where I feel the topsheet has slipped in some way (this is the red one, if that matters).
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by ChrisUK ChrisUK wrote:

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

The regular T80 is already too soft. I have a pretty new sheet that has a bad cut right in the middle, so I don't use it in the club, but I put it on yasaka gatien .. a blade with hard outer plies, not sure what they are.. and use it at work. It feels so damn soft on a hard blade. FX in that rubber is unthinkable to me. I don't know a single rubber where I prefer the soft sponge over the hard one.

With respect, everyone has different preferences when it comes to their setup, it's quite a personal thing.

I've tried regular T80 and found if too hard so I'm looking forward to seeing what the FX version is like. Whilst the FX rubber might be unthinkable to you, I've always preferred using them. Neither of us are wrong, we just like different things.

Sid has some very - err - unorthodox opinions about soft (or even medium) sponges.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

In my opinion (and you seem to say smth along the same lines) T-64 FX is not a Tenergy rubber at all. There is no need for it to exist even since it is playing as so many other rubbers (and cheaper ones too) on the market. It has no Tenergy-like qualities whatsoever and there is a huge difference in feeling between T-05 FX and T-64 FX, imho. But to each his own... Wink

Presumably, T64-FX is just the 64 topsheet on the FX sponge. So it's still pretty much Tenergy. Maybe something about combining these two components washes out some of the Tenergy feel of the rubber. If nothing else, it serves as an interesting case of how small structural changes in the rubber makeup can result in big changes overall.

I preferred 05-FX as a BH rubber on harder blades, but I can't stand it on softer blades. I tried it on the XZQ, Waldner Legend, and the JRE, and seemed erratic to me. Also, I play a lot of my BH stuff close-in, and 05-FX was poor there on these blades. But 64-FX felt right. And I've used a LOT of other rubbers in its class on the BH too - I just feel that 64-FX is the best fit on the JRE for me amongst them all. At full Tenergy prices I wouldn't bother with 64-FX - there are a lot of tensors which are close to it these days. But at £35 a pop (rather than £50), I can stomach it, and it feels more solid and reliable to me. My previous long-termer was Aurus Soft, and it's excellent, but I do get the occasional odd event where I feel the topsheet has slipped in some way (this is the red one, if that matters).

I actually liked Aurus Soft on FH more than BH. It's ok on BH too but I am more in need of a grippier topsheet on my BH than on FH... go figure.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:36pm

I actually liked Aurus Soft on FH more than BH. It's ok on BH too but I am more in need of a grippier topsheet on my BH than on FH... go figure.

As a wise JimT once said - to each his own.   

My BH is quite sensitive to rubber changes, and since I've been using hinoki outers it has been tricky for me to find something with a good balance. I just find that 64-FX gives me the best balance on my BH side of all the sheets I've tried. Ideally, I'd like slightly more spin/arc/throw, but not as much as 05-FX, so...
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 5:11pm
@ AndySmith - I've tried T64-FX and it does work at lifting backspin and balls off the table from serves.

I couldn't exactly bond with it though and found I netted more shots than usual during rallies.

Don't know if you've tried T25-FX..? It might be what you're looking for in terms of spin, arc and more power...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

@ AndySmith - I've tried T64-FX and it does work at lifting backspin and balls off the table from serves.

I couldn't exactly bond with it though and found I netted more shots than usual during rallies.

Don't know if you've tried T25-FX..? It might be what you're looking for in terms of spin, arc and more power...

25-fx is the only tenergy I've never owned. I've always been curious, but it's not as popular as the others so I haven't had much chance to even have a knock with it.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2014 at 6:26pm
I have tried T-25 FX and liked it a lot. I think you might find it better suited to your style than both T-05 FX and T-64 FX... I think it is somewhere in the middle. I only played with a slower version of it - 1.7 mm - but I intend to try out 1.9-2.1 mm... not sure which one to spend my money on.

Andy, if you decide to buy one and test it, let me know - perhaps we could split it... say, you buy 1.9 and I buy 2.1 and then we swap them to test one after another and decide which one is better for each of us.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:38pm
Tenergy 80 FX review...

Another great review by the TableTennisDaily.UK Guys...

http://youtu.be/v6ZhiE_mMYY

Maybe someone can embed the video in their post.

I'm new to this...

Edited by CraneStyle - 04/17/2014 at 12:45pm
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 4:34pm

Tenergy 80 FX review...

Another great review by the TableTennisDaily.UK Guys...

http://youtu.be/v6ZhiE_mMYY

Maybe someone can embed the video in their post.

I'm new to this...

can't embed.. the uploader sets embedding off.

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 4:52pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 5:50pm
@Pondus - Nice one...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:02pm
T25 has a major counterintuitive throw from distance in all versions.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:26pm

If BTY were smart they would lower the price to $40USD then sales would be off the charts thus increasing profit margins and more players would try a Tenergy rubber.

Present Tenergy prices are cost prohibitive.

Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:32pm
Here was my review, done a few weeks ago:
http://tabletennis-reviews.com/tenergy-80-fx-review

In a nutshel, it's quite similar to T05FX, which only a few minor differences. It's a good rubber though.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

sales would be off the charts thus increasing profit margins
That's incorrect! Profit margins are higher with a higher sales price but the sales volume might be higher with a lower price. Wink 
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:37pm
@frogger - That's not going to happen...

Just look at the number of blades people have and display (I'm also guilty), when we can only play with one...?

We are openly displaying our disposable income.

I think the whole rubber market has been inflated due to the price of Tenergy.

Butterfly just got in first...

Edited by CraneStyle - 04/17/2014 at 6:39pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 1:45am

True. And if you look at the new Stiga and Tibhar rubbers, their MSRP/RRP are almost as high as Tenergy. However, the most expensive rubber I ever bought was less than 29eur incl. shipping.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

True. And if you look at the new Stiga and Tibhar rubbers, their MSRP/RRP are almost as high as Tenergy. However, the most expensive rubber I ever bought was less than 29eur incl. shipping.

More power to you Ray...

I had a smoke of a free Tenergy and now I'm hooked for life...

Edited by CraneStyle - 04/18/2014 at 5:13am
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Nice find, Pondus, thanks. I looked at their site a short time ago, specifically hoping to find this review and did not see it yet. Must be quite fresh. Thanks again.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 10:49am

T80FX now available at www.butterflyonline.com

Edited by frogger - 04/19/2014 at 10:50am
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 9:12pm
Got my T80FX sheets today. It's like Xmas in April  Tongue

Hopefully I can try it out this weekend. Just trying to figure out which blade to glue 1 sheet for BH use
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Hopefully I can try it out this weekend. Just trying to figure out which blade to glue 1 sheet for BH use

How do you compare it against your existing BH rubbers ? How Does T 80 FX play ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 8:46am
Bought a tenergy 80 fx red 2.1mm to try last week Big smile
Weighs 43g cut to Jun mizutani size. 

After a few hits with t80 fx on the bh of my Jun Mizutani, i find the feeling to be the closest to tenergy 05, probably a lighter version. Lifting backspin isn't much of a problem, however it is still quite sensitive to spin compared to tenergy 05fx. Rubber gives a nice clicking sound when blocking topspin shots, also relatively lower throw when looping compared to t05 and t05fx.
I have tried T80 before, not really to my liking in terms of hardness, speed and spin and weight. But for t80fx, it is pretty impressive. May need more time to utilise the rubber fully. 

Comparing T80fx to T05fx & T05
Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Note that this is based on what i feel. May not be the same for the rest of us. 
Hope this helps a little.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 12:11pm
My T80FX feels like a strange bird compared to T05FX and T64FX. I will need to give it more playing time to decide to keep it or not.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

After a few hits with t80 fx on the bh of my Jun Mizutani, i find the feeling to be the closest to tenergy 05, probably a lighter version. Lifting backspin isn't much of a problem, however it is still quite sensitive to spin compared to tenergy 05fx. Rubber gives a nice clicking sound when blocking topspin shots, also relatively lower throw when looping compared to t05 and t05fx.
I have tried T80 before, not really to my liking in terms of hardness, speed and spin and weight. But for t80fx, it is pretty impressive. May need more time to utilise the rubber fully. 

Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Well, for me it is much slower than the 05 one but the control is better :))) It's really a unique sport...so many different ways of playing with the same material !!!!
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Well, for me it is much slower than the 05 one but the control is better :))) It's really a unique sport...so many different ways of playing with the same material !!!!

Maybe my backhand stroke gives a different feel of ball 
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

How do you compare it against your existing BH rubbers ? How Does T 80 FX play ? 

I changed my mind, didn't use it as BH.
Instead, I used it as FH on Donic Walder Legend Carbon blade. Man, this is a treat to play. I know this blade is fast, but the match allowed me effortless FH loops & loop drives. Push shots were normal, nothing to write home about. Blocking control was above average. I managed to get a lot of feel from this blade. FH counter-hitting, ball just zings off the rubber. I like T80FX over T80 because of more feedback.
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 12:40am

Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

I changed my mind, didn't use it as BH.
Instead, I used it as FH on Donic Walder Legend Carbon blade. Man, this is a treat to play. I know this blade is fast, but the match allowed me effortless FH loops & loop drives. Push shots were normal, nothing to write home about. Blocking control was above average. I managed to get a lot of feel from this blade. FH counter-hitting, ball just zings off the rubber. I like T80FX over T80 because of more feedback.

I did put it on my BH of my Backup paddle and did group training tonight and T 80 FX is an interesting rubber , it doesn't really excels in one particular aspect but it's control to speed ratio is amazing with spin producing capabilities. It is really effortless to produce a loop on BH over push and punches also felt great to execute however the height of the ball is the key for punches and it doesn't forgive mistiming on punches . Blocks felt great and very controlled and i could do everything from sidespin block to chop block effortlessly , possibly due to its top sheet , drop shots and open flicks also felt great. 

For now it will remain in my Backup paddle on BH instead of T64 till i explore it completely but initial impressions are great. 

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic