Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe Moon Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe Moon Speed
    Posted: 01/19/2014 at 6:12pm
Has anyone tried this rubber or know where to buy it?
I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
Sponsored Links

in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 9:17pm
yinhe moon pro

same thing?

:)
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 1:56pm

no... Moon pro and Moon speed are not the same.
Moon speed is a new rubber from Yinhe/Milkyway.
The will have also a URANUS POLY for poly balls, of course...
Big Dipper, in rubber...
and a new long pips for attack, Qing !
They are for sale yet... only the Qing ox...
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 6:07pm
I got a sheet of Moon Speed - Red - Soft when I ordered my sheets of Big Dipper, but I haven't had much time to use it until tonight.

It's an excellent rubber, especially considering the price. It's faster than the original Moon, more elastic and catapulty. There is a very slight tack to it, but it's mainly a grippy rubber. Medium-low throw, reasonable spin, FAST. The main standout feature for me is that it's very insensitive to spin. It blocks incredibly well, and anything over net height can be attacked really easily.

It reminds me a lot of high-end lower-throw, insensitive rubbers like Calibra Tour or Bryce Speed.

Looping was more challenging than driving and brainless smacking, but not totally impossible. It tends to send the ball in a straight line at high speed. It rewards good technique and clean ball contact with amazing results.

edit - pushing was a bit tough. The topsheet doesn't bite without a bit of effort and it's quite a bouncy rubber, so the first hour or so contained many pushing errors - mostly going long. Needed a bit of adjustment.

Edited by AndySmith - 10/21/2014 at 5:52am
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 10:23pm
How's the weight and also for Big Dipper?
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 5:00am
Moon Speed and Big Dipper have very similar weights. I'd say they were slightly heavier than average. I've already reported the uncut mass here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34743&PN=7&title=reporting-the-mass-of-your-uncut-rubbers
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 6:10am
How does its spin and speed compare to BF M1 on a scale of say 10?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Really different rubbers. My Moon Speed is a lot softer than M1, and throws a LOT lower.

If we say M1 is 10 and 10 for spin and speed, Moon Speed is probably 6 and 9. Don't get me wrong - it's still a spinny rubber, but you have to work it hard to get the spin. Whereas M1 will spin your eyeballs around if you just look at it.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 7:10am

Welcome to Eacheng warehouse.

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3978

Edited by igorponger - 10/21/2014 at 7:11am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 7:13am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Welcome to Eacheng warehouse.

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3978

Yup, there she is.

If you're after this kind of rubber (Bryce, Calibra Tour, Tinarc 5, etc...) then this is your bargain option.
Cornerer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornerer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I got a sheet of Moon Speed - Red - Soft when I ordered my sheets of Big Dipper, but I haven't had much time to use it until tonight.

It's an excellent rubber, especially considering the price. It's faster than the original Moon, more elastic and catapulty. There is a very slight tack to it, but it's mainly a grippy rubber. Medium-low throw, reasonable spin, FAST. The main standout feature for me is that it's very insensitive to spin. It blocks incredibly well, and anything over net height can be attacked really easily.

It reminds me a lot of high-end lower-throw, insensitive rubbers like Calibra Tour or Bryce Speed. 

Looping was more challenging than driving and brainless smacking, but not totally impossible. It tends to send the ball in a straight line at high speed. It rewards good technique and clean ball contact with amazing results.

edit - pushing was a bit tough. The topsheet doesn't bite without a bit of effort and it's quite a bouncy rubber, so the first hour or so contained many pushing errors - mostly going long. Needed a bit of adjustment.

Really different rubbers. My Moon Speed is a lot softer than M1, and throws a LOT lower.

If we say M1 is 10 and 10 for spin and speed, Moon Speed is probably 6 and 9. Don't get me wrong - it's still a spinny rubber, but you have to work it hard to get the spin. Whereas M1 will spin your eyeballs around if you just look at it.

Hi you may want to try medium sponge version of Moon Speed instead.

I first tested medium ver. and found it had really good spin(if not great) except too hard and too little dwell time for my senses(not in terms in performance affections), so I then bought the soft version as it's so cheap Tongue and see if there would be any improvements ... and I immediately regretted. Tension of rubber topsheet can't be utilized due to soft sponge and so the spin was much less. Put back the medium ver. onto my blade right away.

Attacking speed is also higher for medium ver. and pushing is definitely less bouncy, though can't really remember by how much cuz I was so upset by the spin for soft ver. back then lol

Edited by Cornerer - 10/30/2014 at 10:33am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 6:43am
My medium black has arrived, testing it tomorrow.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 6:54am
How does it compare to regular moon? I like moon for backhand.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 6:34am
I only had like three minutes to play around with it on a crappy blade and the glue job was slovenly too. I am going to peel off the factory glue layer and then use VOC glue to put it on a decent blade.

So with that in mind my impressions so far are: long trajectory and its hardness is similar to BF M2, or maybe between M1 and M2. Speed is very good but there is not much spin compared to my normal setup.

Unbeatable value for the price Wink and quite playable.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 10:39am
is anybody can compare speed of Moon Speed to Vega Europe please?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 10:45am
I got a bunch of moon speed soft and a high percentage of the topsheets had cosmetic issues.

Last time I got moon instead of moon pro and now I'm way overstocked on regular moon. But at least it's good and looks good. I never understood how the speed version was supposed to be much different or better...neither version is very tacky.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

what yinhe rubber is closer to haifu black whale2?
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 1:19am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I got a bunch of moon speed soft and a high percentage of the topsheets had cosmetic issues.

Hi, Cole !

when did u get the moon speed soft with cosmetic issues ?
year/month, if possible

Roger
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 8:16am
Oh, across a couple of batches maybe 18 and 24 months ago. Before that I had some Apollo that was even worse

racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 10:25pm

Oh, across a couple of batches maybe 18 and 24 months ago. Before that I had some Apollo that was even worse

so, about none since first half of 2016 ?
I asked because I sell Yinhe in my country n the only issue I had until today was with MOON/SUN Pro topsheet which used to detach.
Since they are striving to improve QC among other I got curious if that had happened recently.

have u seen the 2017 catalog ?
n the insanely (so I think) expensive new EURO version rubbers ?
what do u think ?
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 10:33pm
I had a sheet of moon speed that was so domed (shrunken sponge) that I had to boost it in order to get it to go on a blade. I mean come on?
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

I had a sheet of moon speed that was so domed (shrunken sponge) that I had to boost it in order to get it to go on a blade. I mean come on?

I used to get Sun Pro that was domed like that, this was some time ago (maybe 10 years), and it was the soft sponge.

Edit: added the word Pro.

Edited by 1dennistt - 09/18/2017 at 2:04pm
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by racaldas racaldas wrote:

so, about none since first half of 2016 ?
I asked because I sell Yinhe in my country n the only issue I had until today was with MOON/SUN Pro topsheet which used to detach.
Since they are striving to improve QC among other I got curious if that had happened recently.

have u seen the 2017 catalog ?
n the insanely (so I think) expensive new EURO version rubbers ?
what do u think ?

no it was a while ago.  and no they haven't sent me a 17 yet.  I remember when apollo was coming in with the most horrible marks on it, like giant dragon tai chi.  I got in some gold foil samples recently that looked nice, but I really don't seem to like any of these personally.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic