Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 9:03am
So it's faster than an MJ ZLC and better close to the table? :)

Edited by dannyreventon - 08/27/2014 at 9:07am
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 9:19am
No, it is not faster than an MJ. Close to the table, it is faster than a Viscaria.
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 9:20am
I see! Thanks! :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Yes! the Xiom Vega Pro blade is the equivalent of the MJ-SZLC. Given below, is their marketing spiel: see the part in bold (emphasis mine). Note that Zylon & Zephyllium mean the same thing (thermoset liquid crystalline polyoxazole) & are just different trademarked names.

Personally, I prefer the feel of this blade more than that of the MJ SZLC. However, there are differences:
1. XVP is easier to generate spin with close to the table. At the table or 1-2 steps away, the XVP is the best blade I've played with in terms of power, ball bite & control. Here, it is faster than the Viscaria & much easier to control with.
2. Away from the table (more than 2 steps), the XVP is slower than Viscaria, MJ or SZLC. The SZLC is just way too fast, IMHO. Whether you prefer MJ SZLC or XVP may depend on how far back from the table you play. Also, MJ & MJ SZLC feel harder & 'more solid' than the XVP.
3. XVP is available at much lighter weights (I have a 80g ST!). I have not heard of a MJ SZLC under 88g yet.
4. If you don't sand your XVP (with the included sander), you will get blisters! Xiom claims that this is because they use very old trees to get wood that gives better feel.
5. I'm not sure, if, by 'natural glue' Xiom means hide glue (see below). But I can confirm that the feel is fantastic.
6. Rubber compatibility: IMHO, MJ SZLC is compatible with 45 degrees and lower hardness. XVP works best with 42.5 degrees and higher hardness. If using Chinese rubbers, you shall have to boost.

By the way, PM me if you want a great deal on a 99% new XVP blade.

Xiom's marketing literature on the blade:
VEGA PRO

Structure: 5 Wood Ply + 2 Composite (Zephylium & X-Carbon)
Character: OFF ~ OFF+
Grips Available: FL, ST
Origin: Made in Korea

What is special?
Zephylium & X-Carbon
Different from typical Zylon, as Zylon is 3k in thickness while Zephylium is 1k
Different from typical Carbon, as many uses 6k and 3k in thickness while X-Carbon is 1k.
Composition that we use is about 2~4 times more expensive than typical composition. We have used these compositions to lower the weight and also to increase the feeling of the blade.
If the carbon or zylon are too thick or heavy, it will interfere with the feeling of the blade.
But therefore we use only 1k (despite the price) in order to bring the best of the composite blade
(Currently only blades that uses these compositions are Hayabusa, BT Super Zhang Jike, and Vega)

Jointless Wood
Usually, when many manufacturing companies produce blades, they use two veneer and joint them together to make one piece of veneer.
For example, Rosewood wood is very difficult to find one single piece wood for the blade. Therefore many companies uses two veneer to join them into one to make it one piece for the surface veneer.
Also if you open up the blades and look at each veneer, you can see that most of them are jointed. But if you look at our blade, all our layer of veneer are jointless woods.
What is so good about jointless woods? Think about wearing a shoe that is cut in half and glued back together. How would this feel ? This applies same as the blades, if you use jointless wood, it will increase the performance and stability of the blade.
Why doesn't other manufacturing companies use jointless wood. Because it is expensive and hard to get. Usually in order to make jointless blade, it will require 100~300year old wood to be used. But as you know the thicker and older the wood it is the more expensive it is.
(Because the wood is old, the wood grain on the surface might feel bit more rough than other blades. This is same as people, If we get older we get more winkles, same applies for the wood, the wood is older and the winkles are something we cannot get rid of)

Glue
Natural Glue is used to make this blade in order to maximize control and catching of the ball while impact.
Most of the blades are produced by using epoxy glue, in order to increase production.
Epoxy glue dries up much faster than any other glue, and it is well used for mass production. (Usually uses hot press to increase productivity)
However, the epoxy glue forms a thin layer of glue while drying up between the veneer that blocks the smooth feeling of the blade and also increases hardness of blade. This is not good for the professional players which requires better control and catch.
Natural Glue is highly not the favourable way for the most of manufacturing company due to fact that it needs long time to dry up. However, we have separte drying storage made for only Vega series which helps to dry naturally.
And when it is dried up naturally, the glue will eventually evaporate and absorbed into the wood, leaving absolutely no layer of any glue between the veneer.

THIL & Made in Korea
THIL is our quality control. Wood is breathing thing that changes easily according to the surrounding environment.
Therefore Temperature, Humidity, Insect, and Light are very important to the wood managment. Our factory in Korea is THIL controlled factory to make sure that at point of production the wood is at their best shape.
Made in Korea. In order to make one blade, it must go through 20 different types of machines. 20?? Yes! about twice or three times more machines that is required to make a blade. We use 20 different machine in order to make sure the quality of the blade are all same at all time.

T-FOIL
The blade comes with the T-foil attached, in order to reuse them for maintenance of rubber and blade.
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 12:43am
Just received my new Xiom Vega Europe blade today at 86g and I put Tenergy 64 on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand with 4 layers of revolution 3 wbg on the rubber and 2 on the blade, the tenergys made it head heavy.  I put some old rubber sheets on as I hate putting new rubber on and if  the rubber is sometimes cut to small to put on any other blades, I feel I have wasted new sheets of rubber for nothing if I dislike the blade.  As mentioned the blade is packaged very nicely and the finish is high quality.  I am a two wing looper 2050 to 2150 rating range and I have used and own all the Butterfly alc's and zlc's and zlf's except for the new szlc's.  I also use and own all the Nittaku Stringed instrument series blades(violin, acoustic, acoustic carbon, tenor) so I have something to refer to.  What I noticed right away was compared to all other composite blades was the feel on the XVE(Xiom Vega Europe) is much better, so over the table play was much more controllable, almost all wood controllable.  It even had better feeling then the NAC.  Off the table the throw was not as pronounced as the violin which I had been currently using.  I felt this particularly on my backhand at mid distance.  The throw or the decreased throw did not effect my forehand as much. Another nice quality is the dwell time.  It made flicks and the short game more effective and consistent.  Serves were at least as spinny or more compared to my other blades.  The blade I have has a flared handle and there are other handles on other blades I like better but it is not the worst handle out there, it just felt a little thinner in the neck then I would have liked.  Like all the other blades, it has no magical powers but I did like it in the first outing and will give it some more training session tries and I will put some newer rubber on for the next go around.  The blade is marketed as a SZLC with natural glue(possibly hide glue) and is jointless.  Seems like a lot of nice selling points.  I had started with the fastest blades on the market and have over the years been getting slower and slower blades until currently I have been using 5 ply all wood blades, so I am not sure if this composite blade will be able to compete with the the control of the all wood blades that I have been enjoying.  I would like to post some picture but I don't know how to decrease the size of the files of the pictures to get them to upload(computer dummy hereCry).  I am not sold on it yet, will need more training sessions to form a better opinion.  If you are interested in this blade or blade series, stay tuned to this "bat channel"!  nanananananananana batman!
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 6:42am
I'm the one who is waiting for your review of XVE. Comparison with some benchmarks is strongly expected Clap
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 12:29pm
anybody tried both the Vega and Hayabusa blades and care to enlighten me on the major differences and your preference for specific models.  I played with the ZXi and Z+.   thanks

Edited by tom - 09/13/2014 at 12:31pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 2:00pm
I think ttping85 has played with both the Pro & the Euro blades.

Question for those who have played with the Euro (koto outer) blade: is it more powerful than the Viscaria but less than the TB-ZLC?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 2:02pm
BTW: good review clannewton!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 7:57pm
I just noticed on the Xiom website they offer the Vega Europe models with different flared  handle  options, a regular flared and a wide flared.  It seems they have used Stigas handle model (masters and legend handle options) to try and meet more player needs.  Unfortuneatly it is so new out that they did not have the handle options at tabletennis11 as I would defintely went with the  wide flared.  Had my second go with the Vega Europe last night and reenforced my original findings.  From mid distance it is much more linear than what I was used to but it does generate a lot of spin, possibly due to the increased dwell time.        
Nittaku Violin FL-L
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 5:57pm
The Vega series have much better feel than the hayabusa series. For me it's the same difference as between the zlc and the szlc blades. SZLC have better feel.

Concerning the power of the Vega Euro yes I think it is right in between the Viscaria and the TB ZLC. but the feel is closer to the Viscaria.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 7:04pm
I agree with ttping85's assessment of the comparison the vega and the butterfly's.  What is your view in  comparing the Vega Pro to the Vega Europe?  Very interested in what you think.
Nittaku Violin FL-L
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

The Vega series have much better feel than the hayabusa series. For me it's the same difference as between the zlc and the szlc blades. SZLC have better feel.

Concerning the power of the Vega Euro yes I think it is right in between the Viscaria and the TB ZLC. but the feel is closer to the Viscaria.

How do you think  - can Xiom vega euro be compared with ZJK SZLC in terms of....whatever...speed, feel, control, power...? thnx

ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 10:21pm
hey....any idea where to get xiom vega tour blade?...is it released yet??

thanks!
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 11:24pm
based on the specs i'd be interested in vega tour or vega pro as well

are the omega series just rosewood blades?

any comparison for cyx?
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 3:30am
Originally posted by clannewton clannewton wrote:

I agree with ttping85's assessment of the comparison the vega and the butterfly's.  What is your view in  comparing the Vega Pro to the Vega Europe?  Very interested in what you think.

Xvp is harder, less bouncy, has more power is and better for spinny loops. I prefer xvp on the forehand. Xve is better for blocking and counter looping and is generally easier to play with because it's speed is less on/off than the xvp. I prefer the xve on the backhand.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 3:40am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

How do you think  - can Xiom vega euro be compared with ZJK SZLC in terms of....whatever...speed, feel, control, power...? thnx

Zjk szlc is stiffer, harder, faster and more powerful than xve. Xve has much more control.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:56am

Xvp is harder, less bouncy, has more power is and better for spinny loops. I prefer xvp on the forehand. Xve is better for blocking and counter looping and is generally easier to play with because it's speed is less on/off than the xvp. I prefer the xve on the backhand.

i think he meant the blade not rubber. i was asking the same as well
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

i think he meant the blade not rubber. i was asking the same as well

Where did I mention rubbers? It's the Vega blades thread and I am talking blades like everybody else.

Maybe there is a confusion when I say on the forehand or on the backhand. What i meant is that I play better with the Vega Pro blade than the Vega Euro blade when playing with the forehand and the opposite for the backhand.

Sorry if this was not quite clear.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 10:54am
It's all Xiom's fault - naming their new blades after their most popular rubbers.
Smash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 8:41am
Hi there,

Does anyone know why Xiom would rate the Vega Pro as being More aggressive [spin/ smash] than the Euro? [By looking at the "Strategy" line on the specification charts that are printed for the 2x blades?

I would have guessed that the Limba outer ply of the Pro would give more "control [all round / topspin].?

Paddle palace - also shows the Pro being 2 points faster for speed..? I thought that Koto outer would be faster.?

Thanks very much.

Edited by Smash - 09/30/2014 at 8:47am
XIOM Hayabusa Zxi - Joola Zhyzm - Joola Zhyzm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Smash Smash wrote:

Hi there,

Does anyone know why Xiom would rate the Vega Pro as being More aggressive [spin/ smash] than the Euro? [By looking at the "Strategy" line on the specification charts that are printed for the 2x blades?

I would have guessed that the Limba outer ply of the Pro would give more "control [all round / topspin].?

Paddle palace - also shows the Pro being 2 points faster for speed..? I thought that Koto outer would be faster.?

Thanks very much.

Vega Euro is softer, more bouncy and less powerful than the Vega Pro. This happens often when you have the same construction except koto or limba outers.

I don't know if limba or koto is harder but in practice koto outers make a blade more flexible, softer but with very sharp contact abd and short dwell time. Usually they are better in medium strokes meaning everything except short game, very spinny top spin and very powerful topspin. With limba outers the blade is less bouncy, better short game, spinny looping and power looping.

Examples for this comparison are MJSZLC and zjk szlc or MJ zlc and TB ZLC.

Maze and TBS are not a good comparison for this because they have different inner plies.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by Smash Smash wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks very much.

Vega Euro is softer, more bouncy and less powerful than the Vega Pro. This happens often when you have the same construction except koto or limba outers.

I don't know if limba or koto is harder but in practice koto outers make a blade more flexible, softer but with very sharp contact abd and short dwell time. Usually they are better in medium strokes meaning everything except short game, very spinny top spin and very powerful topspin. With limba outers the blade is less bouncy, better short game, spinny looping and power looping.

Examples for this comparison are MJSZLC and zjk szlc or MJ zlc and TB ZLC.

Maze and TBS are not a good comparison for this because they have different inner plies.

Hi ttping85,
Can you please elaborate about limba / koto layers? I think you are right, I just don't get why koto makes the blade more flexible, not the opposite...sorry 
I have ZXI. 
Composition:  Koto outer plies-Zephylium Carbon-Ayous-Kiri
And I agree it feels more flexible than, say Timo Boll Spirit, it also feels much more flexible comparing to zjk szlc. 

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 2:35am
I also don't know why. It's just my experience.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 4:33am
Paddle Palace agrees with ttping85 and rates the Pro OFF and the Euro OFF-.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Smash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 5:45am
It is quite interesting, the speed and feel ratings seem to go against the conventional descriptions of the woods used in the outer plys.. 
But this is only what I theorise by googling.
Not from actual experience, such as TTping85.

I'm not sure if the 2x blade versions are the same Thickness?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"KOTOAlso known as Anatolia, Poroposo, Ofete, Kakende, Ikame, Ake, Awari, Kyere, Kefe.
Soft topspin wood, typically used in extremely thin outer plies to produce a faster and stiffer blade. Great wood for players who rely on both looping and countering techniques. Koto wood surface plies encourage crisp, fast blocks and hard hitting for sharper ball contact and faster rebound. Usually quartersawn for the pattern."

"LIMBAAlso known as Korina, Ofram, Frake, Afara, Akom.
A West African wood, Limba is the classic European topspin wood (as compared to Hinoki, which is the classic Asian topspin wood); heavy and fast, but not springy; Limba wood adds the soft feel and great control needed by today's modern topspin players; it is lighter and softer than Hinoki or Koto; Limba wood changes its color as the time passes so it is sometimes hard to spot a Limba wood by its color; although Limba wood is soft, it can’t give a soft feeling to the blade by itself, and when used with other veneers, a Limba blade can give a hard feeling; Limba has excellent acoustic properties and provides a good acoustic click sound when used with speed glue effect rubbers; its vibrations or flex is liked by topspin players; the higher the thickness of the Limba ply, the greater the blade's hitting ability."

"love the way Limba feels as an outer ply because it gives you a lot of dwell time. But I like Limba when it is a very thin ply the way it is on many Stiga blades. I don't like the feel of it as much on the Butterfly blades where Butterfly has the Limba plies cut thicker and where Limba is often the outer ply and also the ply directly under the outer ply. Then it feels too dead. Blades like the Stiga Clipper, Tube Offensive, Tube Allround, Allround NCT, Allround Oversize and Energy Wood, have a Limba outer ply with Ayous under it.

Koto is a little harder and has a lot of crispness to it. Koto is the outer ply on many of the Timo Boll blades like the Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ALC. It is also the outer ply on the Avalox P-500 and the Kong Linghui blades. I think you get more dwell time and spin with a Limba outer ply and more speed with a Koto outer ply."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The words in blue are borrowed from other fellow TT players on the web.

Well anyway - I guess I will get a Vega Pro [Limba] to try or Vega Tour [Hinoki].?

[Considering that I have a KOTO outer ZXi already].

Cheers.

Edited by Smash - 10/07/2014 at 5:52am
XIOM Hayabusa Zxi - Joola Zhyzm - Joola Zhyzm
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:15am
 ? Someone can compare XVPRO vs JREmotion ? Thanks.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 8:06am
Koto is the most "mainstream" outer ply for offensive blade. Its giving you everything an attacker wants : dwell time, power, touch. TBS & TB-ALC have pleased so many attackers thanks to this koto outer ply, if you want a Xiom blade with Koto outer ply, i would definitely recommend the Stradivarius blade.  

If you want a more hard feel but still a very good "wood feel", hinoki outer ply is a good choice, Kong Linghui Special blade for example, or the Ignito from Xiom (that blade is almost the equivalent of  

As an offensive player, i recommend to choose blades with either Koto/Hinoki as outer ply, espascially Koto, its not the most popular outer ply (for offensive players) for nothing. 
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 9:41am
There are many players using Limba as well (Mizutani, Maze, Samson). This is not a hard science that logo is best for attackers.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 11:32am
The words in blue are borrowed from other fellow TT players on the web.

Well anyway - I guess I will get a Vega Pro [Limba] to try or Vega Tour [Hinoki].?

[Considering that I have a KOTO outer ZXi already].

Smash, let me know how that turns out as I also have the ZXi and the  Z+ and is somewhat tempted.  Thanks

Edited by tom - 10/23/2014 at 11:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic