Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

soft, not tacky, not-so-grippy rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: soft, not tacky, not-so-grippy rubber
    Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:57am
im planning to go back to using inverted rubbers in the bh after using short pipz for two year, but i think that would be a major adjustment for me if i do so, so i was thinking maybe a soft, not tacky, and not so grippy rubber would help. can anyone suggest a rubber? preferably from the friendship brand, but if there is nothing else, i guess any brand would do....thanks!
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 10:56am
Focus III Snipe.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 10:57am

A safe and wise choice is Mark V. It is a very good transition rubber for you. It still remains a great rubber for a lot of players who value the control aspect of their game with good spin and speed.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 11:32am
F3 snipe is what came to my mind too.  Even reflectiod.  If you had a softer version of moon regular that would really fit the bill.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 11:42am
Weight will be a big issue at first.  So keep that in mind. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 12:11pm
yeah, focus3 is super light.  moon is super heavy
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 11:35pm
Frogger's choice is good. Mark V is a very good control rubber with a bit of speed, it would help you transition back to inverted rubber very well and as he mentioned is very popular among players who are developing an attacking game but still demand a balance of spin and speed with control.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

yeah, focus3 is super light.  moon is super heavy

and being a friendship rubber, it must be cheap how much is it?

a mark v sheet here in the Philippines today would be 1300 - 1400 php ($29 - $31)
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Goodah_Chunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodah_Chunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 2:44am
+1 for 729 Focus 3 Snipe...

Here some from Gambler:
Outlaw Pre-Tuned Soft
Six Shooter Amp Soft
Four Kings High Speed

LKT Rapid Soft

...all rubbers mentioned above are $14...
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 2:52am
Vega Pro is dirt cheap if you make the right purchase from the poster above and is the most neutral and high control rubber at that price. I have been making paddles for friends with Vega Pro only and everybody loves it because of how easy it is to play with it. For comparison, non of them liked my beloved Rhyzm. 
From what I remember focus had a typical chinese feel to it, very little elasticity. Moon was the most elastic chinese rubber i tried, but still, Vega Pro is easier to play, almost like a super spiny short pip, it just grabs the ball and stops incoming spin and throws it forward only with the spin you created and zero extra assistance.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
smarta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 12:51pm
quote focus 3 snipe. great control , very light weight, good speed....low price!
blade: yinhe galaxy t-11+

fh: sigmaIIeurope 2.0 mm

bh: donic coppa silver x3 2mm
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

.., so i was thinking maybe a soft, not tacky, and not so grippy rubber would help. .. 

Hammond Pro Alpha

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Focus III Snipe.
================================

I agree on that.  Very good choice.
skip3119
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 11:45pm
Try RITC 729 Aurora.  One of the softest Chinese rubber I've played with.  It's bouncy and makes nice sound.  I would say, it feels like a slower tensor rubber.
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 1:12pm
Hello friends, which aurora H 40 or H 42? Like which tenergy do you compare? Thank you very much.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 1:45pm
say no to Focus III Snipe., it is powerless; if you want Chinese rubber, try IQUL or Outlaw. Or pay more, get ERA 42.5.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

say no to Focus III Snipe., it is powerless; if you want Chinese rubber, try IQUL or Outlaw. Or pay more, get ERA 42.5.

I also didn't like focus III snipe at all. I feel like it was quite hard, and he was looking for something soft.

The soft version of IQUL would be nice. If you want to pay more I'd suggest Sriver EL or FX, Joola Upp, Stiga Mendo, vario big slam
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:03am
exactly, with focus III & snipe, it is powerless, gripless, speedless... compared to Mark V.

Same with the aurora my friend has.

Edited by bns7117 - 04/24/2014 at 1:04am
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 7:10am
found the rubber i was looking for: japtech experience. it is soft, not tacky, not grippy, and quite slow....a real short pips-like rubber!
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

found the rubber i was looking for: japtech experience. it is soft, not tacky, not grippy, and quite slow....a real short pips-like rubber!

I've never heard of the brand. ITTF rubber list shows it as JapTec... No h on the end.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 3:07am
oops japtec i meant. its actually very slow, almost like butterfly pan asia
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 7:03am
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned calibra sound, btf roundell soft and g3fx.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 8:57am
Just like the opposites in this forum section.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 1:16pm
i used calibra lt sound for a few months, it was quite grippy
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 5:13pm
Than you should try g3fx.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic