Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: DHS Hurricane 3-50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 11:04am
Hard to answer as I have not tried the H3-50 yet... that's why I say "it reminds me of" and not "it's like".
I can compare H8 with H3 orange sponge as I play it since 3 years. The sponge of H8 is quite similar to the H3 orange sponge. It was sold as average 40° (but no mark on the sponge to control). In game, the H8 seems to be more elastic than H3 orange, a little bouncier (even bouncier than H3 blue sponge I tried too). But the topsheet of the H8 is different than the H3 one : more elastic, more grippy, you can put a huge spin on opening ball. The speed is higher than H3 when you hit cool, like a mix with H3 and tenergy. But when you hit hard I think it's less powerful than H3, or I was not able to keep powerful strokes on the table. When blocking the ball get away from the bat more quickly, but you don't have with H8 the absorbing effect you have with H3 that helps so much to control the ball. In fact, you can't (well, I couldn't) break the opponent spin like I do with H3.
My opinion is that H8 (and perhaps H3-50, as I could read) is a rubber born for the new ball and carbon blades. In that case the elasticity increased may help to create spin and control the ball, whereas the opponent balls will be less spinny so easier to control. They are better on carbon blades, too. For now with celluloid balls, I prefer keep H3neo orange on my 506 blade.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
Sponsored Links

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

he's probably LGL uncle or something, maybe ma long's grandpa?

grandpa, please no ! lol

But I have some fellowship friends in China. I'm not the only one by the way, here in France we have a few players that could test the H8.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 11:12am
Sorry for the digression from the subject. Is there any topic about H8 ?
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Sorry for the digression from the subject. Is there any topic about H8 ?

i have one but nobody replied.

Edited by runeazn - 04/11/2014 at 11:17am
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 1:33pm
Is anyone still waiting for the H3-50 package? My package is still stuck at Jamaica, NY since April 6... 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 1:57pm
Post office says mine was delivered, but I have nothing :( also a NY delivery.
TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

It can mean that the post office has the package but hasn't delivered.

Edited by TonyL - 04/12/2014 at 6:30am
HarryH View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 3:47pm
Will go to China in April. Does any retail in China sale the H3-50 and/or TinArc 5? and When will it they start the sales in China? Thanks.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 4:15pm

It's a sign from the TT gods. 

Don't switch from regular H3 lol. 

But that sucks man, I'm sorry. Monetary refund? Maybe they're holding it somewhere? 
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 3:23am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Is anyone still waiting for the H3-50 package? My package is still stuck at Jamaica, NY since April 6... 

I ordered mine on the first and it arrived in CT on the 8th or 9th. Best of luck with yours!
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 5:27am

My opinion is that H8 (and perhaps H3-50, as I could read) is a rubber born for the new ball and carbon blades. In that case the elasticity increased may help to create spin and control the ball, whereas the opponent balls will be less spinny so easier to control. They are better on carbon blades, too. For now with celluloid balls, I prefer keep H3neo orange on my 506 blade.

This is exactly my feelings after trying H3-50 on all-wood blades - it's good, but not as good as harder H3 Neo and it's much better on harder composite blades (tried on Haybusa Z+ and Yinhe VF-50). I think H3-50 is a very good hybrid rubber for FH. It's a bit less aggressive than its relatives on harder sponge, but it has very good allround capabilities delivered by softer springy sponge. 
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 5:55am
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

This is exactly my feelings after trying H3-50 on all-wood blades - it's good, but not as good as harder H3 Neo and it's much better on harder composite blades (tried on Haybusa Z+ and Yinhe VF-50). I think H3-50 is a very good hybrid rubber for FH. It's a bit less aggressive than its relatives on harder sponge, but it has very good allround capabilities delivered by softer springy sponge. 

This thread has achieved perfection. Close it quickly before someone says something stupid!

(or have I just ruined it myself...)
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 5:57am

Sometimes it only means delivered to local post office,wait a few days. It happens to me before. 
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 12:00pm
I called the post office and they said they can't investigate my package even it has been stuck for 6 days in Jamaica, NY since the tracking still show it's in transport and doesn't show it's lost Confused

I mean what kind of idiot is that, if it is lost of having a mistake, the tracking system of course won't be saying it's lost. And that is the reason I call to find out if such abnormal case is happening...

Now I'm 2 weeks away since the order day, makes me hesitate to order from estonia again...
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

I called the post office and they said they can't investigate my package even it has been stuck for 6 days in Jamaica, NY since the tracking still show it's in transport and doesn't show it's lost Confused

I mean what kind of idiot is that, if it is lost of having a mistake, the tracking system of course won't be saying it's lost. And that is the reason I call to find out if such abnormal case is happening...

Now I'm 2 weeks away since the order day, makes me hesitate to order from estonia again...

it has nothing to do with Estonia or the seller.   It is all from the US Customs and USPS.   Sometimes the problems are from customs holding it...or the USPS being.....the USPS.  

The seller did their job and the package in in the US......they did not fail at all.  
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 1:02pm
i'm not saying the seller failed, i'm just saying going through too much trouble to order internationally.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 2:04pm
I think you just had a rare bad luck with some slacker employee of the USPS or other.   I have ordered countless times from TT11 and have always got my stuff in 9-13 days on average. 
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 5:38pm
In my case it specifically says:

April 7, 2014 , 2:17 pm

Delivered

NEW YORK, NY 10011 

April 7, 2014 , 10:58 am

Out for Delivery

NEW YORK, NY 10011 

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 6:17pm
The customs thing is tough. Sometimes, it goes to Iowa or Texas before coming to you. Be patient.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 6:30pm

In my case it specifically says:

April 7, 2014 , 2:17 pm

Delivered

NEW YORK, NY 10011 

April 7, 2014 , 10:58 am

Out for Delivery

NEW YORK, NY 10011 

You need to give USPS a call.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 6:41pm
Somebody could have taken it before you checked your mail, or if it has been windy could have blown some where. I would go out and check around my property. Just some thoughts.
Shifter
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 3:26am
On the fifth day, it's a little better and hopefully getting better. Grip is stronger now and it seems to turn into a killing machine, see video

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66118
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 1:26pm
just a few updates (~10 hrs played with it so far)

did multi-ball yesterday with H3-50 (both sides), i really like it for forehand flicks (great spin and control) and also on backhand it is super easy to punch-block down the line
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 2:26pm
Imago: did u boost the 3-50 or it is still stock?
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 8:00pm
this rubber for forehand same ol h3 neo or this if for backhand same tin arc and gold arc ( they try chinese stop play with tenergy) ?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 3:19am
@qualizon: I put one layer of Dianchi over the w/b glue, but I am afraid this should not have been done for fear of rubber becoming even softer. Now, when booster evaporates, I like it more.

@panany: neither TA nor GA - they have harder sponge. 3-50 sponge is almost the same as T05 as far as hardness is concerned. But playability and dynamic characteristics are different, and, I am afraid, not in favour of 3-50. T05 is still unsurpassable.
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 6:10am
me i already play with h3 neo
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 11:00am
Thanks Imago!

and my package finally get passed Jamaica, NY after a week and now it's at Flushing... still not there yet at Chicago though... 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 3:25pm
Mine arrived!  No update to the tracking page, but apparently its in the office as of today... will post impressions after training tonight.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:29am
Wow, just got back, surprised by my experiences with this one.

This is after just 1 night of training so please take this all with a grain of salt - impressions may change.  Also the rubber was livening up near the end of the session, the topsheet developed a lot more springiness and pop, like a fresh sheet of h3 neo provincial.  Anyway here's a quick rundown:

I put 2.1 black 37 on the forehand, 2.0 red 37 on the backhand on a clipper CR wrb.  I've been too busy to train and have been jumping around with blades, clipper CR wrb is one I've used for a long time but I had trouble controlling it last time I picked it up.  Bouncing the rubber feels like a familiar hurricane, a bit softer sponge but feels on the harder side.  Definitely chinese rubber all the way.  Can pick up the ball for a few seconds, it seems tackier than h3 neo nittaku (what I've been using  for a while)

Training I had no trouble adjusting to this rubber, it was easy to use for all my shots.  On the backhand I've been using t05-fx so I had to use a lmore of an active stroke and more open paddle with the h3 #50.

Compared to untuned h3 neo nittaku, so far:

1) Service is definitely better, the extra kick in the topsheet adds more spin on service
2) No loss of control in the short game, the touch is really good.  I didn't miss many pushes and it was easy to load the ball up with spin
3) Loops are a little higher arc and thus more consistent.  If you ease up and take a medium shot the ball loads up
4) There's a little loss of feeling when looping hard.  The ball seems to shoot off a little faster than h3 neo.  The shots are effective though and dip a lot.
5) Driving and blocking is the same, maybe a little more consistent?  Didn't notice much of a difference
6) It's a little heavier than h3 neo

h3 #50 on the backhand is cool.  It's obviously a lot slower than 05-fx, but it adds something new: its very easy to counterattack topspin balls, blocking is very easy to control (but less deadly), the short game with h3 is probably better.  I'll stick with it for a while, the control and attacking aspects are what I need right now.

I'll train more and let it break in and post more impressions, I think the rubber will change.  I also tried this on a 5 ply ZLC blade (n886) and I didn't like it so much on that blade to be honest, it was surprisingly less spinny of a combo compared to the mostly dead clipper CR.  I think 7 ply wood is a good match with this rubber.

In short, cool new offering from DHS.  I think the difference in my impressions have to do with the choice of blade, and having used chinese rubber (whale II) on my backhand 2 years back.  Excited to try H8.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic