FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is the best 5-ply all wood blade?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 1:48pm
We should create a bot to search for topics containing "the best" and automatically delete them.
Sponsored Links

puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 2:18pm
andro csv off+, it's clear.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 2:19pm
It was a massively silly post when 90% of blades are 5 plys and they range in speed from def to off. Not only that, most of the better blades in the various speed classes weren't even in the list
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

It was a massively silly post when 90% of blades are 5 plys and they range in speed from def to off. Not only that, most of the better blades in the various speed classes weren't even in the list

Just assume it is caused by naivety. Since I switched to all wood looping/hitting blades, I have become impressed by how $22 blades play... When discussing those blades, wood composition, thickness and number of plies are more important than manufacturer branding.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
blitzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blitzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 4:23pm
Not very useful. You don't even list OSP and Nittaku (which are the 5-ply blades I use), and you would have to break it down into categories, such as playing style (looping, spin-oriented, drive-oriented, etc.)  or at least speed rating (def, off, off-, etc.). The term "best" is meaningless without more context.
typn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote typn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Best 5-ply all-wood blade is DHS HK655/656.

I am closing this topic.
What is the composition of this blade?

Koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto

Blade -- DHS Long V
FH -- DHS H3
BH -- DHS TG3-60
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:01pm
Any conclusion for the best 5 ply all wood blade?
townhousecrackers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townhousecrackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by sonykurniawan sonykurniawan wrote:

I would say the one that you have that plays consistently.
VKM
RED Tenergy 05 2.1
Black Dtecs OX
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:39pm

The thread list some favourites from other people, you can try them and see which one wins! It's a personal choice!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 1:14pm

this is the winner by unanimous decision:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--M-GfktUJ--/17lwukloo3inkjpg.jpg
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 2:48pm
OSP Expert

next question
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 9:45pm
It's impossible to say really. Every blade has it's own merits and every player is looking for something different. Some people may prefer the 5 ply blades which have the most speed with a high level of control, others may prefer a slower blade for producing spin.

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 11:59pm
You can have a can't go wrong list fairly easily.

All- Grubba pro
All Donic defplay senso, Donic allplay
All+ OSP Expert
Off- Yasaka extra, Primorac
Off Korbel

I'm not saying they are the best blades in the wold, but close enough to it that it won't be any advantage using anything else

Edited by bluebucket - 04/16/2014 at 12:01am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:07am
I've used many many all wood blades since..can't remember when now...
To me, OSP Virtuoso just awed me & has that wow factor. Tibhar H-3-9 ST ranks almost there & so are old Stiga AR UTC An. & SB ST. I was/still am willing to give up my old Petr Korbel ST/An. for any of the previous-mentioned all woods.

Edited by tiehwen - 04/16/2014 at 12:10am
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:09am
Defplay Senso, Appelgren Allplay, Burn OFF-, MEO
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 5:50am
There is no BEST OF FIVE yet Big smile
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 7:31am
Korbel off old tag, Primorac off- old tag, banda dacota....
Jubei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 7:53am
Well according to Fan Zhendong, Infinity is the best but then Ma Lin disagreed and he said YEO  by far is best of the best. Go figure..............
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 7:53am
I repeat, for 5 ply blades, speaking about composition is more important than branding. The best 5 ply blade is usually some combination of limba and ayous.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 9:30am
There is also such thing as blade rubber-sensitivity. Stiga Allround Wood is bad with the hi-tec Xiom Vega Euro but absolutely perfect with the quite ordinary Tibhar Rapid. Stiga Offensive Wood is a good blade with most rubbers, even with Tenergy, but shines like a diamond with Xiom Vega Pro...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Jubei Jubei wrote:

Well according to Fan Zhendong, Infinity is the best but then Ma Lin disagreed and he said YEO  by far is best of the best. Go figure..............

What is YEO?
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:17pm

What is YEO?

I got the yeyo, but I'm taking it to lopes myself... LOL
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:22pm

What is YEO?

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Off
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

What is YEO?

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Off

Oh okey.. I come across this YEO quite often but dont know what it is. Thanks for clarifying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2015 at 1:33am
After 11 months of looking for the best 5 plies allwood blade.. Finally I come into a conclusion.
The best of the best 5plies AW blood will be:
The one you can afford,
The one you are comfortable with and,
The one you can win more points.

Case closed

Edited by sonykurniawan - 03/17/2015 at 1:36am
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2015 at 4:02am
Stiga Infinity VPS V
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2015 at 5:39am
Stiga Rosewood v
Stiga Emerald vps
Adidas Avenger 5
Alser All 5
Yasaka Extra offensive
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
arcady View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 8:43am
From my experience the best all wood 5 ply blade is Xiom Aria. It has incredible speed and one of the best handle shape for me. I can hit harder with it than BTY Timo Boll Spirit which is a 7 ply composite blade.

I tried a lot of 5 ply blade and the best ones are: BTY Korbel, Stiga off nct, YEO, Tibhar Stratus power wood, old DHS hurricane king.

An important factor in my opinion is that the blade should be a little bit heavier: 87-95 grams depending on the model. For example the best Stiga off nct was 95 grams, very good stability and power. 

Another factor is if you have a costum made or chosen blade. I've seen some YEO that had nothing in common with another YEO because of this.

Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 11:46pm
OSP Virtuoso
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 12:38am
T-100 Competition series 1986- 85grams 7.5MM  Kiso,rosewood,Obeche,rosewood,Kiso

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic