Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A approriate rubber for 1ply blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A approriate rubber for 1ply blade?
    Posted: 04/10/2014 at 10:22am
I'm interesting in 1ply hinoki blade and just have ordered Butterfly Senkoh-90. Anyone who had used can recommend a rubber for that blade. My favorite rubber is Tenergy 05. Is it approriate for 1 ply blade?

Edited by DaNgo - 04/12/2014 at 1:12am
Sponsored Links

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 10:33am
Japanese penhold or shakehands?
DaNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Japanese penhold or shakehands?

Chinese Penhold. I just have updated Senkoh-90 picture.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 11:37am
I can not play with the thick 1-ply play at all, so I don't have hand-on experience, but the 2 Jpen players I know love to play their 1-ply hinoki with the Bty Bryce Speed, They told me the Bryce Speed FX is also very good, they said the key for a thick 1-ply is soft, fast, and thin (2mm or less) rubbers.  They hit, and drive loop a lot, so that may be why...
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by DaNgo DaNgo wrote:

I'm interesting in 1ply hinoki blade and just have ordered Butterfly Senkoh-90.

Does the 90 refer to the thickness of the blade as 9mm or to the weight of the blade?

If it's 9mm thick, you can only put sponge rubber on one side only. (Otherwise, it's too thick.)

Tenergy 05 is heavy. But if you're only going to put one sheet of rubber, it doesn't matter.

blitzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blitzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 4:30pm
Without knowing your playing style, there is no way to answer this intelligently. There are some rubbers that will probably not work well at all, but that still leaves a range of rubbers that are feasible, but behave quite differently. I expect that Tenergy 05 would not cause problems, if that is a rubber with characteristics that are appropriate for how you play. It's going to be fast.
DaNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I can not play with the thick 1-ply play at all, so I don't have hand-on experience, but the 2 Jpen players I know love to play their 1-ply hinoki with the Bty Bryce Speed, They told me the Bryce Speed FX is also very good, they said the key for a thick 1-ply is soft, fast, and thin (2mm or less) rubbers.  They hit, and drive loop a lot, so that may be why...
Btf Bryce speed is fast for me and not enough spin to play.
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Does the 90 refer to the thickness of the blade as 9mm or to the weight of the blade?

If it's 9mm thick, you can only put sponge rubber on one side only. (Otherwise, it's too thick.)

Tenergy 05 is heavy. But if you're only going to put one sheet of rubber, it doesn't matter.

90 is thickness.

Originally posted by blitzen blitzen wrote:

Without knowing your playing style, there is no way to answer this intelligently. There are some rubbers that will probably not work well at all, but that still leaves a range of rubbers that are feasible, but behave quite differently. I expect that Tenergy 05 would not cause problems, if that is a rubber with characteristics that are appropriate for how you play. It's going to be fast.
FH: loop, block,  a little smash. BH: rpb with loop, block
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 12:28am
Why would a 9mm thick blade be too thick if you used 2 sheets of say 2.1 mm Tenergy on it?

Is there a racket legality problem or is it just that getting the right grip would be a problem?

Mark
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 1:11am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Why would a 9mm thick blade be too thick if you used 2 sheets of say 2.1 mm Tenergy on it?
... or is it just that getting the right grip would be a problem?

That is right. Thick is not good for RPB.

For example, see the Butterfly description of the Chinese EX (designed for RPB):

The Chinese EX is designed for Reverse Penhold Backhand play.
• Medium speed and lightweight due to its thin five ply design
• The thin construction is ideal so two rubbers can be attached to the blade allowing you to execute the newest shot in a penholders arsenal.
DaNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 1:26am

Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

... or is it just that getting the right grip would be a problem?

That is right. Thick is not good for RPB.

For example, see the Butterfly description of the Chinese EX (designed for RPB):

The Chinese EX is designed for Reverse Penhold Backhand play.
• Medium speed and lightweight due to its thin five ply design
• The thin construction is ideal so two rubbers can be attached to the blade allowing you to execute the newest shot in a penholders arsenal.

I'm looking for a blade to play with tension rubber. I'm using a thin blade - DHS Hao 3 - and it's not good to play with tension. It's desinged to play with china rubber.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 2:01am
The old school Japanese rubbers work really well with 1 plies, i.e., Sriver, Mark V, etc.

Edited by tommyzai - 04/12/2014 at 2:01am
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
[email protected] View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manav@berrycotts.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 5:33am
Hi, I am Manav Berry From India.

Blade: Butterfly Sardius
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 80

What to change my racket. Need help.

I need lil slower blade then i use and should have much better control than sardius. This time i would prefer use donic coppa x1 platin on both FH & BH. I tried donic coppa JO version for few day with some other blade. I liked donic coppa jo and would say it feels better than tenergy 80.

I am not able to decide which blade to buy and need suggestion if donic copa x1 platin is right choice or not.

I use to play state level 15 years ago and started again 3 months back. Have recovered my game quit a bit. So please suggest accordingly. Do not like to change my equipments again. Shall continue with same for years.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by DaNgo DaNgo wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Btf Bryce speed is fast for me and not enough spin to play.

90 is thickness.

Originally posted by blitzen blitzen wrote:

FH: loop, block,  a little smash. BH: rpb with loop, block

I never would have thought that the # was the thickness. There are Senkoh-1 and Senkoh-5. LOL.
Anyway, any grippy, spinny and speedy (hard or soft) rubber is fine ; do not use any tacky rubber. T05 is good. If bryce speed is not spinny enough, do not try Sriver or Mark V. I hv a Cypress-S, BIG BIG BIG difference between sriver and T05.
BTW, be careful when you shave the blade for cpen's comfort LOLLOLLOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 9:57pm
fatt is right a thinner and slightly firmer rubber would probably work the best on a 1 ply blade. A medium hard rubber with a thinner sponge.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic