Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy vs. ESN regarding durability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy vs. ESN regarding durability
    Posted: 04/15/2014 at 3:09am
I love Tenergy but I have to replace it more frequently than I can  handle (economically).
I'd like a comparison between Tenergy and ESN (XIOM, Andro etc) rubbers, regarding durability meaning how often you have to replace.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 3:56am
It depends about your level. But in general, new gen ESN are so close.  I would dare to say that my BF M1 last just same as my 05 so durability on ESN isn´t a handicap anymore.

However, chinese rubber are still far more durable than any of them.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 3:59am
How many hours of play Tenergy (T05?) last for you?
For me comparable MX-P plays excellent for the first 18-20 hours after which the booster evaporates and it becomes a little harder. The topsheet retains its quality for a longer time than T05 but the sponge needs retuning after 60-70 hours. I can get a good 2 months (90 hrs) with MX-P if I retune it once, but the peak performance lasts for only the first week, after which it is loses its punch.
The topsheet still looks good after 2 months of use.

With T05 I get the same 2 months, at a better performance but after 2 months the topsheet looks mauled. After 3 months small holes start developing around the edges and after 4 months some cracks here and there. The sponge still has some spring left and people use it for another 2 months.

In my experience, in terms of durability (Use, not at peak performance, but you an live with it)
OIV Pro > M1 = Rasant = MX-P = JP01 > T05

In terms of decent performance for competitive play at club level
OIV Pro > T05 = Rasant > JP01 = OV Tour > M1 > MX-P

If you can live with it a chinese rubber like H3N or TG3N or TG2N will  last you a lot more.

From my point of view T05 and OIV Pro are the best value rubbers in terms of maintaing the feel and performance over the life of 120-150 hrs of play.

Stiga rubbers (the Tour Series are the worst) are not that good in general.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 7:59am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

How many hours of play Tenergy (T05?) last for you?

T05 lasts 1.5 month for me (~7 hours a week). I don't use boosters.
My level is average, I play in Greek 2nd division , ranking 62 in Greece.

T64 seems to last longer, but I'm not sure, yet.

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
LethalForehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 8:56am
chinese rubbers are by no means more durable imo. if you boost them (and you must, they are designed to be boosted) then you get 3 months out of them (6-8 hours a week).
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 8:30pm
05fx vs adidas P7

a high level female friend of mine used both, the 05fx lasted 2 months and the P7 3 months. about 4 hrs of play every day 5x a week including multiball drills.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 9:14pm
I wonder how you boost your rubber because I use boosted H3 (provincial and national).  They last at least 9 months or longer.  

Average life for ESN rubber is about 2 to 3 months for me, I have used Coppa X, Acuda, Omega, Baracuda, JO, Plasma 430 and now BF JP. 

The worst one is Omega, lasted about 2 months then I had to reglue and it shrunk a good CM around the paddle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic