Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Topic ClosedShall member caidtt be trusted ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shall member caidtt be trusted ?
    Posted: 04/23/2014 at 9:30am
Hi every one,

First of all, I have to say I had some deals with member caidtt and everything went perfectly until....

End of January, after quiet lots of negotiations, we agreed on a price for 2 blades : Bengtsson S in good condition and a new double lenses lindh dynapower made in tranas, a blade I was looking for a long time.

The price was 600£ which I paid via bank transfer. Blades were sent and tracking number provided.
2 days later, I watched the tracking number info and found out the package arrived well in my city but not at the right post office and immediately went back to the UK because the address didn't exist. I went to the post office and I was said the package was already back in England. I contacted member caidtt and he replied me the address was the same as previously and the blades would come back to him but I would have to wait till March because he had to go abroad for 3 weeks.
 I was looking the tracking number info and I saw a delivery had been attempted but missed. I thought it was normal since caidtt was abroad.
In March, I contacted him and he replied no paper had been left in his mail box regarding the package !!!
A post employee told him to fill in a form manually to look for the missing package.

I began to worry and my worries became bigger as Caidtt told me he hadn't taken any insurance for this 600£ package (if you look at all his for sale threads, it is always mentioned "with tracking and insurance".

The problem is that I couldn't do anything because it's up to the sender to take actions to recover the package. The receiver can't do anything.

I spoke about this with a friend of mine who lives in Birmingham and whose wife is a police officer. She has a lot of contact among police and post offices in London and offered me her help. She needed the tracking number receipt (a copy). So, I asked caidtt to provide me a copy of this receipt and he told me it was impossible because he had to give it with the form he introduced to recover the package !!

He had no copy of that document which was the only proof of sending because it would have shown both addresses. 

Then he provided me a "letter" from royal air mail which I found strange because there were no logo, references, names, signatures....My friend from Birmingham needed the reference number which had to appear on the letter to contact peterborough center in England and get the package back but member Caidtt didn't give me those informations. On the letter, it was written 4 other weeks have to be waited and I really began to lost my patience after nearly 2 months.
Member caidtt put all negative things on the royal air mail services.

Member Caidtt didn't want the police to investigate in this case. he even wrote he prefer the cops when they are away from him....
I was really fed up and eventually, I accepted 2 other blades as compensation (Stiga Ehrlich, collectible item and stiga off evo Peter) to finish it, but these blades are not really interesting for me.
Package was send, I was a little bit afraid because it went to paris before arriving in belgium but it arrived.

3 days later, member caidtt mailed me to let me know the Lindh and the Bengtsson S came back and he asked me if i wanted to buy both again.
I was first under shock and all the stress I've been passing through for 2 months suddenly came back. I surely didn't want to pay for a blade i had already paid for. 
I offered him a trade but he replied someone offered him cash and one day after, he mailed me to let me know the blade was gone (which is not true since this blade is still for sale today).

There were a lot of weird things about this case but I still wanted to trust him but a few days ago, I received mails from different people and I know I'm not the only one who has experienced problems with member caidtt.

I will not give other's people names without their agreement but both are well known among the little collector's world. They are welcome to explain what happened . 
The summary : they agreed on trades with member caidtt and sent their package with tracking number but caidtt didn't send them his package at this moment. He waited till receiving the package and then replaced "his blade" with a less valuable one and sent it. Of course, the other person was shocked when he opened his package no to find the blade on which the trade had been agreed. Member caidtt replied him the blade he received, had been strongly modified and has less value which doesn't seem to be correct since caidtt had received lots of pics of the blade from every angle.

These stories have made me becoming very upset because I also got blades I didn't want instead of Lindh and Bengtsson. It seems to be sometimes a modus operandi. 

And then, I read caidtt comments on different topics as he 'is coming like robin Hood to defend the poor guy who has been attacked by a rude person...it is unbearable for me. I can't stand it.
I invite other people to give their opinion or share these feelings about this.
Am I paranoid ?

Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 9:44am
In TTD, there started a "rating" system for private sellers.
This is to prevent abusers from abusing the trust in the forum.

I wonder if this can be implemented in this forum, than oppose to just have threads.
I'm sure if others have bad experience, they can all rate the seller as bad, and this history will be there.
Of course seller can always create a new account and cause damage, but then he will have no history.
This is just like the star system on ebay, taobao etc
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 11:03am
Very interesting experience and post. We will see if Caidtt will reply.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 11:09am
He didn't have any insurance for this package valued @ 600£ ? That should've been a big warning sign for you, me or anyone.

Edited by tiehwen - 04/23/2014 at 11:21am
Toprank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 11:33am
On your end-
Why would you accept two blades you didn't want for 600 pounds. I think that was a bizarre mistake. You better get something you want for that price. You should've just asked for a refund.

On his end-
Some shady info, but I find the most questionable him stating he pays for insurance and then not doing that. That's dishonest there.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

On your end-
Why would you accept two blades you didn't want for 600 pounds. I think that was a bizarre mistake. You better get something you want for that price. You should've just asked for a refund.

On his end-
Some shady info, but I find the most questionable him stating he pays for insurance and then not doing that. That's dishonest there.
   Because he hadń´t a lot of other blades to offer me and wrote he was broken. I wanted to finish this 2 months story.
Also, the Ehrlich was the only opportunity for me to negotiate a trade with another person to get blades I really wanted.

Edited by kakapo - 04/23/2014 at 12:11pm
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

On your end-
After almost 2 months, it's still better than nothing.  I think the values of the replacement is still good, it's not just what he wants originally.

caidtt should offer to have the trade, at the minimum request for the extra shipment fee, but at the price of 600, I would cover that to keep my customer happy.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 12:02pm
sorry to hear about your bad experience Michael.  At least we all know what kind of a person he is.  I doubt he will have anymore buyers after this thread.

Edited by liulin04 - 04/23/2014 at 12:02pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

sorry to hear about your bad experience Michael.  At least we all know what kind of a person he is.  I doubt he will have anymore buyers after this thread.

thanks Cong. 

The important thing is I'm not the only guy who got this treatment. That's the reason why I have to let it know. Another "victim" is someone I consider as a great collector, perhaps the greatest one regarding a well known TT brand.
I'm not an "important" collector and you can imagine I can't afford to spent 600£ each day. My nerves have been really far because of this.

Edited by kakapo - 04/23/2014 at 12:51pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 12:55pm
If I were betting I'd guess that the seller acted in good faith.  He did what he could to make it right, offering replacement blades at least.  When he got the blades back, he offered it to the original buyer.

I don't think insurance covers lost packages...only damaged.  That's what they used to tell me anyway.  I never have problems with damage so insurance seems a waste.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

If I were betting I'd guess that the seller acted in good faith.  He did what he could to make it right, offering replacement blades at least.  When he got the blades back, he offered it to the original buyer.

I don't think insurance covers lost packages...only damaged.  That's what they used to tell me anyway.  I never have problems with damage so insurance seems a waste.

Insurance covers 1 package till 500£ in the UK and if you sell your item with insurance, that's with insurance. Would you buy a car without a warrantee ?
He only offered me replacing blades when I offered my friend's help to find the lost package. My friend's wife works for the police and he was afraid....
Also, he refused to give me the only proof of the sending (the receipt with our names and addresses with tracking number) pretending he had to give it. It is not possible to leave this proof without keeping a copy !!!

I wish you'd have been the victim just to see your face as day after day, things went wrong

Edited by kakapo - 04/23/2014 at 1:15pm
Lestat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:05pm
Kakapo, have you seen any evidence whatsoever that the package was indeed mailed to your address, down to the house number? 

Edited by Lestat - 04/23/2014 at 1:06pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

Kakapo, have you seen any evidence whatsoever that the package was indeed mailed to your address, down to the house number? 

No, sometimes, I think both addresses were wrong so the packages couldn't have been collected on both sides and it's easy to say the royal air mail is guilty because the receiver (me) can't do anything to solve the problem. I mailed 2 times royal air mail but never got any answer from them.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:12pm
I'm now wondering if the blades had been once in that package......

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:15pm

In EU the insurance covers both damaged and lost parcels. If the parcel is shipped with Airmail up to 500€. International parcels outside EU is another Story. In General i do not think it is possible to refer from US insurances to the ones that are valid in EU or back...
Lestat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

No, sometimes, I think both addresses were wrong so the packages couldn't have been collected on both sides and it's easy to say the royal air mail is guilty because the receiver (me) can't do anything to solve the problem. I mailed 2 times royal air mail but never got any answer from them.

Yeah, he must have sent a bogus package on a non-existent address in a city near you, knowing it would come back to England and it would be up to him to retrieve the package. The return address was probably real so he could 'miss' the postie at which point both of you could pretty much consider the package lost and he has a legitimate reason to blame everything on royal mail.

I'm sorry for your loss Kakapo. Bank transfer was a bad idea, but even paypal purchase is not foolproof when you're talking about £600. Paypal will try to retrieve the money for you but, unlike ebay, will not compensate you if the seller cleans the account right after the transaction is made. Most they will do is freeze the account with negative balance.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:17pm
I had sent "valuable" packages to Paris, France twice. On the packages, I put in the receiver's & sender's (my) tel. #. Dunno whether you did or this move might help in the future.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I had sent "valuable" packages to Paris, France twice. On the packages, I put in the receiver's & sender's (my) tel. #. Dunno whether you did or this move might help in the future.

yes tieh, you are 100% right. I sometimes did it and I will surely do it in the future. The same with a pics showing the package stamped with both addresses into the hands of the post employee.
zerokirk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:23pm
I just traded my brand new TB ALC plus Blue Whale II rubber sheet with him for the Innerforce ZLC CS, I have to say it is not a very pleasant transaction. 

In his response and post, he said there was only one tiny dent which was not true, there is one dent and one small delamination, the moment I got the blade, I was very disappointed so I emailed him. His response was not very pleasant. 

So, I would never deal with him again, just a personal experience. 
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Yeah, he must have sent a bogus package on a non-existent address in a city near you, knowing it would come back to England and it would be up to him to retrieve the package. The return address was probably real so he could 'miss' the postie at which point both of you could pretty much consider the package lost and he has a legitimate reason to blame everything on royal mail.

I'm sorry for your loss Kakapo. Bank transfer was a bad idea, but even paypal purchase is not foolproof when you're talking about £600. Paypal will try to retrieve the money for you but, unlike ebay, will not compensate you if the seller cleans the account right after the transaction is made. Most they will do is freeze the account with negative balance.

Yes, I have thought the same as you.
Lestat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:28pm

Insurance normally covers both damage and lost in transit, except when it's pottery or something of this nature in which case they will not cover for damage - just lost in transit.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:44pm
From my point of view, the only fair way for resolving this issue is caidtt to pay 600gbp for now kakapo's Stiga Ehrlich and Stiga Off Evo. Simple as that.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 1:56pm
Caidtt shipped out without insurance although stated in the FS post that the parcel is shipped. I think this is the first hint he is not honest at all (and greedy), but the Receiver is not able to check if he sent out with insurance or not. Plus, what a coincidence again, a wrong Receivers adress....

I think it is a sign that he already had the plan to enable the post to deliver the parcel straight to Kakapo and he used that knowledge to get into a "good" Position to get rid of the other blades. I do not think it is normal to ship out parcels with high values and not to make sure the stated adress is correct. Then Caidtt claimed to be on Holiday to gain time and to be able to see how Kakapo reacts.

Yes, member Kakapo accepted the other trade. But why? He thought these blades (he did not want) were better than having nothing in Hands since Caidtt claimed being broke and being outta cash. So the acceptance of the other blades was just an understandable act to minimize his financial loss. After two months i think it should be clear for everybody and not a reason to blame Kakapo...

Offering Kakapo the Lindh and Bengtsson to buy again after they suddenly appeared from "ghosts Hands" is just insulting!

One single coincidence: Possible
That many coincidences: Scam, Cheat, Fraud

Edited by Timo1978 - 04/23/2014 at 2:24pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 2:14pm
Very bad story...sorry for your troubles, kakapo.
The forum member caidtt (a.k.a Mus) is always correct with me. I don't know the reason for these problems. I am sure they can be solved easy.
Because of your explanation it is visible there is something wrong in your deal.

I am not a policeman or member of CIA but I think the things must be much more easy.
I am able to offer both kakapo and caidtt with my view about how to finish better this deal.

Step 1st. : kakapo sends back the non-purchased blades and gives the tracking number to caidtt.
Step 2nd : caidtt sends immediately the preliminary purchased  two blades and gives the tracking number to kakapo, but the compulsory gift this time will be one or two from the very nice english chocolates Big smile.
Step 3rd : Both kakapo and caidtt are satisfied some days later and this topic will be sent into the trash. Beer Handshake

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Very bad story...sorry for your troubles, kakapo.
The forum member caidtt (a.k.a Mus) is always correct with me. I don't know the reason for these problems. I am sure they can be solved easy.
Because of your explanation it is visible there is something wrong in your deal.

I am not a policeman or member of CIA but I think the things must be much more easy.
I am able to offer both kakapo and caidtt with my view about how to finish better this deal.

Step 1st. : kakapo sends back the non-purchased blades and gives the tracking number to caidtt.
Step 2nd : caidtt sends immediately the preliminary purchased  two blades and gives the tracking number to kakapo, but the compulsory gift this time will be one or two from the very nice english chocolates Big smile.
Step 3rd : Both kakapo and caidtt are satisfied some days later and this topic will be sent into the trash. Beer Handshake

Thanks Petar but I'm afraid it's now too late for this because of the trust which is the key factor and this trust is now broken. I also had some good business with caidtt previously but for blades which values were between 80 and 150£. I also sold him several blades last year.
I also gave caidtt some credit but in the last days, some mails arrived to me and I discovered he betrayed other people, so the feeling grew up more and more I've also been the victim, not of an incident but well of a wanted action.
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 2:47pm
last blade i got from him wasn't what i expected either, wasn't happy, from experience once i get burnt like that i don't even waste my time with contacting and going through the back and forth, but if it was an expensive one i could see why you would want to
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
tt4u View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 3:48pm
Kakapo, if caitt is an honest person he would have exchange the replacements with the items you bought,  because they don't belong to him anymore after you have paid for them. (Also, he would have to send the items first.) Since he didn't do that and instead offer the items to you to buy again (which is laughable because they belong to you) you got your answer of what kind of person he is.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by tt4u tt4u wrote:

Kakapo, if caitt is an honest person he would have exchange the replacements with the items you bought,  because they don't belong to him anymore after you have paid for them. (Also, he would have to send the items first.) Since he didn't do that and instead offer the items to you to buy again (which is laughable because they belong to you) you got your answer of what kind of person he is.

I had done it if it had been the opposite but he didn't even think about this, I'm sure.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 4:20pm
I also had a "special" experience with caidtt. Last year I traded two of my blades (a rare and like new Nittaku Waldner Manchester and the Böhm Clipper, which you can find in my FS-Thread) against one of his blades. It was a weekend and we decided to send up the blades on the following monday. Of course I did and mailed him the sending-ID of my package. He answered, that he had to go on a business-trip and therefore he was not able to send it up and his wife was also not able to send me the blade. Shocked

I am sure, I would have been able to pack the blade and to ask my wife, to bring the package to the post.

When my package arrived in UK, he asked me to add another blade, to complete our deal, because he was not happy with my Clipper. It would not be in perfect condition and the imprint would be missing. Of course he knew that before our trade, because I sent him 6 high resolution pictures of the Clipper (and also from the Waldner) and I never wrote, that the Clipper would be like new. At his point I cancelled our trade. 

I did not loose any money (without my sending-costs), but in my eyes he planned from the first moment on, to wait for my blades before he sent his own package, and this is not the fine art.

On the other side I had several deals with kakapo and each of them was very smooth. Therefore I trust him 100%.

At the end some general thoughts:

- I can`t understand, why someone sends such high valued blades without insurance.
- It makes sense, to take pictures of the package and the sending-document 

If I understand right, caidtt sent the blades without insurance (although he wrote in the thread, that the blades will be send with insurance) and he could not show a sending-document. In my eyes the situation was clear: caidtt had to return the full amount.

After the blades arrived back in UK, he should have offered kakapo a re-trade. In this way kakapo would have got the blades, that he originally wanted and caidt could get back his alternative blades. That`s what I would have done, bus as we can see: he thinks different. Wink
caidtt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 5:17pm
uploads/30423/DSC_0102.JPG
I will now attach the later I made up according to Michael, he claims is a fake
Wow did not see this until informed by a good member of the forum, I emailed the full letter to Michael this evening as promised and gave the option to add to the thread which he has not done. Wonder why? My deal with him was private he had contacted me by email, so the blade in question had not even been received by me from the USA as I had informed him, the deal started once I got the blade.
@Zerokirk. I will not waste my time with you,the description was accurate and the pictures are still there, take another look, your never used blade had glue residues, I did not come crying to you .
For the collectors, they are like loan sharks, how do you explain selling a couple of blades for £570 and a few weeks later the same collector wants them for a quick sale at £230!!!
The second shipment to Michael was insured, photographs were taken before and after postage, clearly shows his address, but it went to France, my fault? I remember he went crazy stating how incompetent the Royal mail was.

Edited by caidtt - 04/23/2014 at 5:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic