Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Options for Hard sponged "sticky" rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Options for Hard sponged "sticky" rubber?
    Posted: 04/24/2014 at 12:49pm

As a combination player, I try to inject as much spin as possible with my serve and also like to have good control for pushing and blocking while I want speed when going for a kill shot. I have tried many rubbers/sponge combinations and have come to the conclusion that I need a Sticky rubber with very hard sponge to get everything that I want. I currently play Friendship 729 SST Cross which is pretty sticky and comes with a 45 - 46 degree hardness sponge. In the past, I used to play TSP 730, Yasaka DO and other variations of the 729 Family of rubbers.  I really want to try something new but it's so hard to find a rubber in 1.5 - 1.8mm sponge thickness, especially when looking for  harder sponge. It appears that Yasaka DO and WEI were discontinued and I just ordered a sheet of TSP 730 to see if that will work for me.. I wonder if there are any other options for me? What hard sponged STICKY rubbers are available in 1.8mm or thinner sponge?

I've tried to find Hurricane 3 with less than 2.0 mm sponge with no success.. There are hardly any rubbers out there that come with thinner sponge. Maybe I haven't been looking good enough.. Are there any options that I'm missing? I really need something that can produce huge amounts of spin on my serves..
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 12:56pm
Palio Hadou is extra hard and sticky.

Dawei 2008 XP Super Power 1.5 fits perfect your goals.

H3/2 1.8 only from Europe - I regularly buy from tt11.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Cole has 2008 XP but it says that it has 40 degree sponge.. That's too soft for me.
Do you know if I can get Palio Hadou in the US? I guess that I might have to try Eacheng if I can't find it in the US..
The H3 would be my last option as shipping from Europe is usually as much as the rubber itself..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:02pm

Checked Eacheng on Hadou and they only have 2.2 mm Cry

Eacheng has 1.5mm 2008 XP but I'm not sure about the sponge hardness..

Edited by Pushblocker - 04/24/2014 at 1:04pm

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:08pm
DHS G666 is tacky, very spinny and can be found in 1.8 and even 1.5 if I am not mistaken. 

It's hard, but maybe not as hard as a Hurricane 3 commercial.
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:10pm
40 d of Dawei here corresponds to 52. As hard as H2/3

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1280

4 rubbers from tt11 will ship free.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/eur_eng/tt-rubber-dhs-hurricane-2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:13pm

40 d of Dawei here corresponds to 52. As hard as H2/3

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1280

4 rubbers from tt11 will ship free.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/eur_eng/tt-rubber-dhs-hurricane-2
great, thanks!!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

DHS G666 is tacky, very spinny and can be found in 1.8 and even 1.5 if I am not mistaken. 

Thanks, I'll check on that rubber.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:30pm
pb - Did you try T05?  1.9mm or 1.7mm T05 maybe perfect for you.
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 1:57pm
I'd say H2 over H3. H2 is harder, and gets more spin. I have a sheet over 5 years old that can still pick a ball up off the table and hold it there.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I was about to say something similar.

I have 2 firewall plus paddles with GD Talon 0X on the BH.
Originally both had T25 2.1mm on both FW+.  T25 1.7mm may be just the thing for you.  I know it isn't sticky but it is spinny enough.
Now one of the T25s has been worn out and badly chipped so I replaced it with TG3 Neo.  I tried plain H2 but it takes a while to get use to.

What I like about T25 is that I can twiddle and block or top spin dead balls the opponent hits to my back hand.  Also, sometimes the opponent loops so hard it is impossible to block the ball back with Talon 0X and keep it on the table without a draw back block.  The T25 will block the ball back so it goes back fast with top spin. This often takes the opponent off guard.  If you can twiddle between consecutive balls you should really consider this option.  T25 on the FW+ is relatively fast.  You can hit balls by or through people and fear no lobber.

The hardest sticky rubber I have played with is SST Pro 'god favored' but it is 2.1mm thick.

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 2:13pm

I've always wanted to play with G666. I've had about 5 minutes with a year old version a long time ago. I remember it being rather tacky.

Now this is tacky.

Give us a review if you try it.

Pushblocker, How's SST cross? I'm starting to fade on Friendship. I like old school Chinese tacky but I can't help but feel almost all Friendship rubbers I've tried go from tacky to just grippy in no time flat.

I play with 729 Super FX and the tackyness factor is just okay. Quickly goes to grippy IMO... I clean my rubber after every session of playing.

Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations for what I should get from a tackyness prospective but I find myself often underwhelmed by their stuff longevity wise.

.... PS. I've always heard that G666 is slightly softer than regular H3 so be careful sponge wise if you're looking for a hard sponged rubber.

Edited by suds79 - 04/24/2014 at 2:17pm
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 2:20pm
Cream Transcend comes in 1.5mm and zeropong carries it.  I actually prefer Cream MRS and that also comes in 1.5mm but with a quick search, I see that only Rob in Australia carries it.  Before the speed glue ban, MRS was excellent for looping.  Without SG, it's hard as a rock... just like you want! And it should help your loop Cream is not sticky but pretty tacky.  Hope that helps.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 2:22pm
Dawei Navigator  GT4  could be found from 1.0 to 2.2 mm. I've played with the one  in 2.0 and it seemed pretty tacky and medium hard . The description from eacheng is not quite true, imo.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 5:26pm

sponge is way too soft on those..

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Reinecke Reinecke wrote:

I'd say H2 over H3. H2 is harder, and gets more spin. I have a sheet over 5 years old that can still pick a ball up off the table and hold it there.
I'll order one of tbe H2's, thanks.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

<iframe name="easyXDM_default9142_provider" id="easyXDM_default9142_provider" src="http://cdn.img2vid.com/lib/beat/xdmframe.htm?xdm_e=http%3A%2F%2Fmytabletennis.net&xdm_c=default9142&xdm_p=1" frameborder="0" style="position: absolute; top: -2000px; left: 0px;">

I've always wanted to play with G666. I've had about 5 minutes with a year old version a long time ago. I remember it being rather tacky.

Now this is tacky.

Give us a review if you try it.

Pushblocker, How's SST cross? I'm starting to fade on Friendship. I like old school Chinese tacky but I can't help but feel almost all Friendship rubbers I've tried go from tacky to just grippy in no time flat.

I play with 729 Super FX and the tackyness factor is just okay. Quickly goes to grippy IMO... I clean my rubber after every session of playing.

Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations for what I should get from a tackyness prospective but I find myself often underwhelmed by their stuff longevity wise.

.... PS. I've always heard that G666 is slightly softer than regular H3 so be careful sponge wise if you're looking for a hard sponged rubber.

the main reason why I want to change is because the 729 sst cross changed from sticky to grippy. It's no longer the same rubber it used to be. Will try 666..

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 5:46pm
2.0 Xiom Sigma Pro 2

Has everything you want - before you buy - try someone's at your club or a tournament
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 8:42pm
Um, Geospin Tacky Anyone? That's available thin (it used to be anyway) and is the stickiest rubber on the planet while being really hard. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 10:20pm
Paddle palace used to have Juic 999 Turbo in 1.8mm.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Um, Geospin Tacky Anyone? That's available thin (it used to be anyway) and is the stickiest rubber on the planet while being really hard. 

I've owned a couple of sheets of geospin tacky. It is tacky but I've always found its tack to be way over hyped.

Every pick up the ball from the table test I've ever done with it includes holding the ball for about 3 seconds then dropping it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 12:02am
Looks like there are more choices than I thought.. I guess it's time to try a few.. the 666 sounds very tempting as it seems to have the stickyness I need..

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I see. The Haifu bw II 2.00 mm is also a good candidate, it can generate good spin on serve, and the new red sponge is pretty hard. It has soft, medium, and hard sponge to choose from. Just a note, the T05 has a lot more power than any other hard rubber mentioned above, for hitting it would be the easiest as well.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 8:04am

I see. The Haifu bw II 2.00 mm is also a good candidate, it can generate good spin on serve, and the new red sponge is pretty hard. It has soft, medium, and hard sponge to choose from. Just a note, the T05 has a lot more power than any other hard rubber mentioned above, for hitting it would be the easiest as well.
I"ve tried T05 and it's way too fast for me. I need a rubber that makes it easy to push short.
I don't care for looping ability as I usually don't loop. I've also tried the Haifu and it's too fast for me in 2.00 mm.

TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 8:06am

I"ve tried T05 and it's way too fast for me. I need a rubber that makes it easy to push short.
I don't care for looping ability as I usually don't loop. I've also tried the Haifu and it's too fast for me in 2.00 mm.

Have you tried T-25? It's supposed to be the best out of all the tenergy series for close to the table.

Edited by TonyL - 04/25/2014 at 8:07am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by TonyL TonyL wrote:

Have you tried T-25? It's supposed to be the best out of all the tenergy series for close to the table.
Never tried it but I never was able to play good with any tension type rubber.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 8:23am

I thought you like fast and power for your smash.  I am not sure what rubber is good for short game, but I think sticky rubber can be tricky to push short.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 10:25am

I thought you like fast and power for your smash.  I am not sure what rubber is good for short game, but I think sticky rubber can be tricky to push short.
I like the hardest possible sponge as hard sponges, especially if not too thick have the advantage that they are still fast for hard hits but they are more controllable for the short game. I want to be able to push short but still hit with it with good speed..

Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 11:58am
G666 will give you all you need, because in a thin sponge, it is hard enough to allow very fast smashes. Short game is superb, and spin on serves is almost unparalleled. It is a slow rubber when power is not given, when power is given by it's user it allows that power to be translated into a fast shot. 

I like the hardest possible sponge as hard sponges, especially if not too thick have the advantage that they are still fast for hard hits but they are more controllable for the short game. I want to be able to push short but still hit with it with good speed..
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 1:56pm

G666 will give you all you need, because in a thin sponge, it is hard enough to allow very fast smashes. Short game is superb, and spin on serves is almost unparalleled. It is a slow rubber when power is not given, when power is given by it's user it allows that power to be translated into a fast shot. 

Still trying to find a domestic or china source for a thin sponged G666. It's available in the US but only with 2.15 to 2.20 mm sponge..  Eacheng only has max sponge on it too..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic