tabletennis11.com

Unavailable Butterfly options in your country

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unavailable Butterfly options in your country
    Posted: 05/17/2014 at 6:01am
I've heard it mention a few times now that quite a few sponge thickness options, or blade handle style option, are not available from the sole distributors for people's region.

I would think that those lucky few distributors, that are appointed the sole distributor for a whole country, surely should stock all the options!

What rubber & sponge thickness, or blade handle style, does your country's distributor not offer? What is their excuse for not offering it?

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2014 at 7:13am
It is easier to say what they do have in stock. Most of the articles have to be pre-ordered.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 1:16pm
cpen handles for 95% of their catalogue Angry

because they don't think anyone plays penhold in the US anymore Cry

Edited by schen - 05/18/2014 at 1:16pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 1:51pm
ST handle option in the US is rare, unfortunately (really, anything other than FL)... I've talked to a couple of the folks at Butterfly USA about it, and their experience tells them they simply can't sell enough of them to justify stocking them.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 8:14pm
That makes you wonder how many (in their mind) they need to sell to justify the cost???

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

ST handle option in the US is rare, unfortunately (really, anything other than FL)... I've talked to a couple of the folks at Butterfly USA about it, and their experience tells them they simply can't sell enough of them to justify stocking them.

Really?  They think that?  There have always been a significant number of ST handle users in the US, fewer than FL, but not non-existent.  I suppose they know what sells from their stock, but this still surprises me.  Or is it just complacency, having a local monopoly on the product?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 10:31pm
In my experience, quite a number of players (perhaps 25%) do prefer ST handles, but will take a FL if ST is not available. It's probably only 10% of people that insist in ST.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 11:10pm

anyone know if it's possible to special order a ST handle blade through Butterfly USA? It's pretty annoying not being able to get some of their ST handles
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2014 at 11:25pm
sad
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by ztec ztec wrote:

anyone know if it's possible to special order a ST handle blade through Butterfly USA? It's pretty annoying not being able to get some of their ST handles

+1, I feel your pain. It is a mystery to me that many more handle options are available in Europe than here in the USA.

I think BTY USA would be surprised on sales concerning certain models such as an ST Viscarea or Korbel, Primorac, or even an AN TBS.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2014 at 1:13pm
Echoing a previous post, has anyone tried to special order an out-of-stock blade from Butterfly USA?  Recently?  They once arranged to have Butterfly custom build blade for me.  It took about three months to get it and cost a bunch.  That was at least 6-7 years ago.  I have also been on waiting lists to get FL blade that was out of stock.  You would think having them order a blade with a handle that is standard would be straightforward enough, even though you may have to wait a bit.
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2014 at 1:36pm
In indonesia, ST is not imported by butterfly agent because the users are rare...
And than sponge of the nearly all rubbers are max size for the same reasons
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic