Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Jun Mizutani Super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 12:34am
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Just a question - If you decide to sell this blade after a day or week or month...What will be the price then, specially for mytt forum members ? Hug
Sponsored Links

buy&sellblades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 12:37am
im done with it now. i put it in my for sale section already. i can't use heavy blades.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 12:55am
Originally posted by buy&sellblades buy&sellblades wrote:

[QUOTE=slevin]Much faster than the MJ

Thanks!
buy&sellblades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 1:02am
I might want to throw in that I may not be the best judge of all this. As i am only close to 1800 level player. 
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 9:29am
That blade is s**t due the price. I would never pay for commercial. You can find blades with more more better properties in other branrs(donic, joola, stiga) for 30-60 dollars.

But i know, many players thinks if they buy blade of his favourite playes, that improve their game.

I have tried many blades of this type like alc, zlf,more types of innerforce... it was blade without feeling and control.

Old good classic like viscaria, gergely, stiga blades, avalox and donic blades.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 9:32am
And PLEASE, DONT SUPPORT THIS STUPID POLITIC OF BUTTERFLY AND DONT BUY THIS BLADE.

Homura83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homura83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 11:24am
Homura83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homura83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 11:30am
Homura83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homura83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 11:31am
Homura83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homura83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 11:32am
mj1b.jpg

The setup that spans over more than a decade; H3-1999 to MJslzc-2014

Edited by Homura83 - 08/03/2014 at 11:40am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

That blade is s**t due the price. I would never pay for commercial. You can find blades with more more better properties in other branrs(donic, joola, stiga) for 30-60 dollars.

But i know, many players thinks if they buy blade of his favourite playes, that improve their game.

I have tried many blades of this type like alc, zlf,more types of innerforce... it was blade without feeling and control.

Old good classic like viscaria, gergely, stiga blades, avalox and donic blades.

You have some good points my friend, but you know very well that tt is psychological sport!If your psychology is UP in a game, you will be more confident and generaly better in the game!I know that what I am saying is not a BIG point, but it is still very important in all tt players.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
rdrivr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdrivr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 6:20pm
is the flare handle the same as timo boll alc ?
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by gatz gatz wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Now that the blade is here....i want to see reviews nowLOL

I will be doing two reviews next week.

Mizutani Super ZLC and the Nittaku Meister 

Am looking forward to it since jm is almost the same as amultart...

Jun Mizutani almost the same as amultart??? Completely different blades!

am referring to the centre core of the blade which is thicker...IMHO yes kinda similar but a JM i find it a wee slower.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
EJoslin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJoslin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 7:42pm
just got to try this blade from a club member. he had t64 on one side and t05fx on the other. the blade seemed softer and a little more flexible than the previous mj. it weighs a lot. i think he said his ended up being 95 grams. if you have the quickness in your strokes this will be a beauty for anyone. the more you put in the more you get out.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:18pm
There are plenty of inexpensive blades made by other companies.  Players who are adamant about paying less than $100 for a blade should stick to these blades, and the related forums, and spare us from what has now become a redundant criticism of expensive high-end blades.
EJoslin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJoslin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 8:26pm
Sure the blade is expensive because of the name it has on it. However it's actually made quite well. there's more than one reason that the blade costs as much as it does. i believe this is a good blade for close to the table loopers. however if this isn't how you play then it's simply a waste of money.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 11:07pm
First impression: The blade looks absolutely gorgeous.  Although in my opinion the handle design isn't as pretty as the ZJK series handle, the blade still looks amazing.  The new Mizutani logo and the Mizutani Super ZLC logo are definitely the striking point on the blade at first glance.  The packaging is also very nice, feels just as sturdy and protective as the ZJK series packaging.

This comparison will be primarily based on the differences between the regular Mizutani ZLC and the Mizutani Super ZLC.

Weights: Weights of the MJ SZLC are right on par as the old Mizutani ZLC.  Both models are in the low to mid 90s.  While the ZJK SZLC tends to hover between 84-87 grams.  The lightest Mizutani Super ZLC I have in fact weighs 88 grams.

Appearance: Top-ply seems to be the same for both Mizutani.  I can't quite recall what the top-ply is, but from looking, both plies are the same.  Thickness is the same as well.  Handle wise, the SZLC has a bit of a circular feel at the top, versus MJ feels a bit flat/circular near the head.  The end of the handles look to be the same.

Bounce: Both blades bounce incredibly well, with the SZLC having more "ping" to its bouncing frequency, compared to the MJ having a bit of a "flat frequency" bounce.  The height of the bounce also goes to the SZLC bouncing a bit higher. 

Setup: Mizutani Super ZLC (FL, 94g) w/ T05 (2.1) FH and T64 (2.1) on BH

Drive: Driving feels very solid.  Balls go wherever I want, and with more power.  Even when blocking very aggressive topspins, I was still able to return the shots very easily by closing the blade slightly. 

Block: Blocking also feels very smooth and has more power too.  I used the paddle as a cpen, so blocking with the RPB was actually better, and even faster than blocking with my TB ALC. 

Forehand loop: This blade stands out the most when it comes to looping forehand and RPB.  Forehand loops were incredibly smooth, and has even more power and speed than the TB ALC and Mizutani combined.  The extra speed and power did not cause the loss of control at all, which is usually standard with other fast blades.  The ball speeds up as it bounces off the blade, giving my practice partner a bit hard time to get used to the sudden kicking in of the ball.  The feeling coming from the forehand loops is something I have never experienced before.  It's definitely faster than the TB ALC, and more power than the Mizutani ZLC.  Compared to the forehand loops from the ZJK SZLC, the Mizutani SZLC is softer and offers more dwell time for spin and speed where as the ZJK SZLC is a lot more stiffer, thus sending the balls right off as soon as they make contact with the rubber.

Backhand loop (RPB): RPBs was very easy, just like a walk in the park.  Similar to the forehand loops, my RPBs also have a lot of power and speed, while the spin is similar, if not a bit more spinnier than my TB ALC.  The control of this blade is what I like the most, while gaining additional speed and power.  So when I was playing against two 2000-ish players, I can tell both players were having a lot of difficulty getting used to the new speed and power generated from my loops.

Service/Chop: I didn't notice too much difference in these two aspects of the game, although the MJ SZLC made it easier to chop deep into the backhand or forehand.  Also, drop shots were easy to execute too as long as the blade catches the ball as it is ascending.

Overall impression: I really love this blade.  Out of all of the composite blades that I've played and tested (ALC, ZLC, ZLF, T5000 Carbon, ZJK SZLC, ULC), the Mizutani Super ZLC is by far the best that I've ever played with.  I feel like this blade is the hybrid of a few of these different composite fibers.  It has the speed of the Timo Boll T5000 Carbon, the touch of the TB ALC for serves/chop purposes, the power of Schlager Carbon (slightly reduced), the control of the Mizutani ZLC (Soft feel), the thickness of a standard Butterfly blade (5.8mm) for maximum control and touch.  This blade is indeed a combination of them all. 

I also let an elderly gentleman (~70s, ~1000 USATT) tried out my paddle.  He currently plays with the TB ZLC with T05 and T64.  As soon as he hit a few shots with the MJSZLC, I saw his whole face brightened up.  He quickly commented how much power the blade has compared to his TB ZLC.  The balls went over the net very effortlessly, and the amount of power that he was able to put on a simple drive was what amazed him the most.  Even though he only played the sport for about 9 months and has no knowledge of any paddles at all, as his TB ZLC was purchased by his daughter who bought him the most expensive paddle as her father's day present, and him always coming to me for equipment questions, how quickly he noticed the difference between a superior blade like TB ZLC and an even better blade like the MJ SZLC is what amazed me the most.  Towards the end of the brief practice session, he told me that had his daughter not bought the TB ZLC, he would have bought the Mizutani Super ZLC instead.  And he also asked me if I can let him use the MJ SZLC some more the next time I show up.  The way he asked me that question and the big grin on his face made me value and treasure this blade that much more.

So in conclusion, I'm contemplating about hanging up my TB ALC-CS and TB T5000-CS for good, and keep a ST version for my penhold play, whereas the FL version is for recreational shakehand play. 

I will include a follow up review of this blade later this week when I visit the club again.

Edited by liulin04 - 08/06/2014 at 2:06am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 11:09pm
Thanks liulin!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Thanks liulin!

No problem sir.  Anything to contribute to the community! Wink
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 1:17am

First impression: The blade looks absolutely gorgeous.   ...  
The new Mizutani logo and the Mizutani Super ZLC logo are definitely the striking point on the blade at first glance.
Really? Shocked
I was shocked, when I found this picture in your photo-bucket

On my first view the lens (or better: the way of glueing it on the handle) looks not really good, especially compared with the new Stiga Emerald.

Of course this has nothing to do with the playing-characteristic of the blade, but for this price it should be possible, to get better craftsmanship. 
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 1:19am
the edge might be because of the protective plastic wrap
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 1:34am
I liked the way magic_m drew that red triple arrow to show the edges; very stylish and creative!

but...but...the plastic wrap...but of course!!!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 3:35am

Now that the blade is here....i want to see reviews nowLOL

I will be doing two reviews next week.

Mizutani Super ZLC and the Nittaku Meister 

Am looking forward to it since jm is almost the same as amultart...

Jun Mizutani almost the same as amultart??? Completely different blades!

am referring to the centre core of the blade which is thicker...IMHO yes kinda similar but a JM i find it a wee slower.

It is a completely different blade!The JM is OFF and Amultart is OFF+.They are different not only in the rates by butterfly but in playing style too.Amultart is way faster than JM.Completely different ply-woods, different thikness, different weights, different in everything.The only thing that they are similar,is the zylon-carbon and the colours in the handle (black-red but opposite placed too)!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

First impression: The blade looks absolutely gorgeous.   ...  
The new Mizutani logo and the Mizutani Super ZLC logo are definitely the striking point on the blade at first glance.
Really? Shocked
I was shocked, when I found this picture in your photo-bucket

On my first view the lens (or better: the way of glueing it on the handle) looks not really good, especially compared with the new Stiga Emerald.

Of course this has nothing to do with the playing-characteristic of the blade, but for this price it should be possible, to get better craftsmanship. 

All butterfly blades which have metal logos and not plastic-made labels, they all are wraped but a slim silicon-plastic paper.You can take it off ofcourse and see the excellence of the badgein the new JM SZLC. Smile
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 3:44am
We have ordered a few JM SZLC.
One of the my partners plays with ZJ SZLC so he will make a straight comparison between the two of these.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Homura83 Homura83 wrote:

mj1b.jpg

The setup that spans over more than a decade; H3-1999 to MJslzc-2014
Big smile
2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
Homura83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homura83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 11:59am
Ah don't know how u did it but thanks for the help chain_05!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 5:53pm

All butterfly blades which have metal logos and not plastic-made labels, they all are wraped but a slim silicon-plastic paper.You can take it off ofcourse and see the excellence of the badgein the new JM SZLC. Smile
Oh yes, my mistake. I did not think, that someone would make pictures with the plastic-cover.
But I am sure, you are right. Sorry, my mistake. In this case the quality seems to fit to the price. Wink
issb1655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issb1655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 6:58pm

Look at this...Beautiful! I wanna marry her :)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2014 at 11:41pm
I am afraid I'd take a bath if I buy it and I do not like it; isn't the regular MJ ZLC already too fast for me?

I am so tempted though...must...re...sist...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic