Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tonovector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonovector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria
    Posted: 05/26/2006 at 10:56am

For all you EJ�s who wonder what their equipment names mean... I just found out about this:

http://www.humeseeds.com/viscr.htm

Does anybody know about other names and their meaning?  Kumpuru, for instance?

Tono

Darker 5P-2A
FH BTY Tenergy 05
BH BTY Solcion
Sponsored Links

NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 12:17pm
I gues that just a CHANCE.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonovector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 12:25pm
No, I think they named the blade purposely after the flower, for some reason.
Darker 5P-2A
FH BTY Tenergy 05
BH BTY Solcion
NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 12:31pm

I dont gues that There is a relation between a blade and a flower .

Maybe something i dont know     lets see the posts ....

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 7:41pm
Maybe that's why my blade smells oh so pretty!
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonovector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 8:44pm
Yeah, I guess those Japanese marketing people have rather.... unique ideas.... go figure....
Darker 5P-2A
FH BTY Tenergy 05
BH BTY Solcion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonovector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2006 at 10:33pm

And here�s the meaning of Cermet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cermet

What does that have to do with TT?  Another coincidence?  I think not...

Darker 5P-2A
FH BTY Tenergy 05
BH BTY Solcion
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2006 at 12:12am

I think they were looking more for the coolest looking marketing word to describe a product.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2006 at 1:03am
kumpuru is a name of a table tennis player from south africa. that is why the handle is the colour of the national flag of south africa
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2006 at 1:05am
but i wonder who or what sardius is... my guess is someone from greece or probably a relative to kalinikos kreanga..
5552368 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5552368 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2006 at 4:27am
Wikipedia

Sardius

Strong's Concordance, Hebrew dictionary interprets the Sardius from the Hebrew word ����� ôdem, (o'-dem), as redness, that is, the ruby, garnet, or some other red gem. Present day dictionary calls it a deep orange-red variety of chalcedony. Then goes on to describe chalcedony as a translucent to transparent milky or grayish quartz with distinctive microscopic crystals arranged in slender fibers in parallel bands. Sardius was the first stone in the first row of the Hoshen, the breastplate worn by the Levitical priests, according to the book of Exodus 28:17.

NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2006 at 5:56pm

Thats really new Information.

keep trying to match something else.

MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2006 at 5:59am
Ekrips has always confused me.
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2006 at 9:22pm
ekrips is the name of one of this site moderator... no just joking... i guess names of butterfly rubber are mostly japanese... but im not sure about it
JaisBane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaisBane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 1:08am
As a speaker of Japanese, I can assure you that outside of Matsush*ta, Senkoh, and Shamada, none of their blade or rubber names are of Japanese origin. In general, Japanese companies like to use foriegn names for their products whose meanings have little, if nothing, to do with the actual product itself.
Xiom Hayabusa ZXi

FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 8:32am

There are so many names like that...

Bryce (canyon?), Feint? (wiki:Feints are maneuvers designed to distract or mislead. The two types of feints in militairy tactics are feint attacks and feint retreats.) Catapult(medevil ages weapon) Tempest? (Wiki: TEMPEST is a U.S. government codename for a set of standards for limiting electric or electromagnetic radiation emanations from electronic equipment such as microchips, monitors, or printers.) and how about DHS Hurricane?
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 10:07am
A "Tempest" is a violent windstorm w/ snow/hail/rain/etc
Potato Face
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2006 at 10:12am
butterfly j-penhold blade range sounds more european say ekstaule perhaps its a french word, aspyte sounds english or bolgard sounds german.... its weird
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic