Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Vega Pro Selected/Pro Version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Vega Pro Selected/Pro Version
    Posted: 06/18/2014 at 1:23pm
hey guys, has anybody heard of that? There are some pro versions of this rubber but Im not sure how they supposed to look like...
I had once a Vega Pro version which had an exclusive special sign on the package but I didn't play differently, I just remembered it last like 1 month longer but spin and speed was the same.

Do you know anything about it?

Edited by Butt Stallion - 06/18/2014 at 1:24pm
Sponsored Links

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 1:41pm
i saw pics of vega with white sponge...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 2:54pm
It's just pre selected vega pro. Quality is slightly higher because it's cut more close to the center of the rubber carpet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 3:13pm
I see, is there anyway to get this rubber or to identify it? Does the package look different?
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 4:06pm
Right now you can find a limited edition of vega pro on the Asn market for celebrating 5 years of xiom . Different package same price.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 4:34pm
It's only available to sponsored players. Package is the same but it has a pro selected syicker on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 4:49pm
what kind of rubber is this? 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.184.r0BC8v&id=21951156310&ns=1#detail

its written "exclusive std spec", is this the pro version??
TT Profi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT Profi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2014 at 11:13am
I think the pro version of the xiom vega pro has a different package..
The "normal" vega pro has a silver "V" - the milky version a black one.
There are some shops, which sell them...
I played that rubber for 1 year - it was very good.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by TT Profi TT Profi wrote:

I think the pro version of the xiom vega pro has a different package..
The "normal" vega pro has a silver "V" - the milky version a black one.
There are some shops, which sell them...
I played that rubber for 1 year - it was very good.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but from my understanding Xiom Vega pro selected is not the same as vega pro with milky white sponge (black v on the package. The vega pro selected comes in a vacuum package if I recall correctly.

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2014 at 4:35pm
milky white sponge isn't pro version. pro version uses black carbo and it's not pre-selected either. it's a special batch with a harder more grippy topsheet and slightly softer sponge. it's spin noticeably surpasses tenergy actually and has better control due to the firm feel, but slightly slower. 

it's not produced and only a few hundred have ever been made. i emailed xiom directly last yr and they said they don't produce custom vega pros anymore. my coach was sponsored by TSP/xiom and played vega pro

milky sponge is like bryce sponge and it's softer than carbo sponge. i liked it, but it's more fragile the way older tech sponges were though.

Edited by kurokami - 06/23/2014 at 4:37pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2014 at 7:47pm
I have bought the Vega Pro milky white sponge from TT&PP and I thought the only difference from the carbo sponge was the dye they used.
Shifter
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I have bought the Vega Pro milky white sponge from TT&PP and I thought the only difference from the carbo sponge was the dye they used.

Let us know what you think of the Vega Pro Milky sponge. I might switch to it if it is more spinny than Tenergy.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2014 at 6:58am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

milky white sponge isn't pro version. pro version uses black carbo and it's not pre-selected either. it's a special batch with a harder more grippy topsheet and slightly softer sponge. it's spin noticeably surpasses tenergy actually and has better control due to the firm feel, but slightly slower. 

it's not produced and only a few hundred have ever been made. i emailed xiom directly last yr and they said they don't produce custom vega pros anymore. my coach was sponsored by TSP/xiom and played vega pro

milky sponge is like bryce sponge and it's softer than carbo sponge. i liked it, but it's more fragile the way older tech sponges were though.

This just doesn't add up to me. Unless producing the "special" version of vega pro - the one whose spin and control surpass tenergy - involves sprinkling it with some limited supply magic pixie dust , why not mass produce it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2014 at 10:08am
wow sounds really interesting, so the Vega Pro in pro version is not getting produced anymore? What a shame, Vega Pro is an awesome rubber... 

Hows the Vega Pro milky sponge compared to normal Vega Pro in terms of spin?
TT Profi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT Profi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I think the pro vForgive me if I'm wrong but from my understanding Xiom Vega pro selected is not the same as vega pro with milky white sponge (black v on the package. The vega pro selected comes in a vacuum package if I recall correctly.

Sorry, I thougt you would talk about the milky version..
I did not know that there is a pro version too.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2014 at 11:15pm
pro version was for sponsored pros only. they were custom rubbers. i have an old one penhold cut. it's a deeper purplish red compared to regular.

the carbo sponge is porous whereas the milky white is like older sponges and a solid sheet. they also play slightly differently so i don't think it's a difference in dye. it's like bryce vs tenergy.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2014 at 7:51am
which one is spinnier (higher throw)? milky sponge or carbo sponge??
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

which one is spinnier (higher throw)? milky sponge or carbo sponge??

milky white because it's softer and will sink in easier with longer dwell. it's like EL/FX vs regular
Viscaria
H3N/T05
wiktor145 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiktor145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 6:02am
Little bump :)

Can you tell me, where I can buy selected xiom vega pro (if it is possible)?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic