FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HL5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HL5
    Posted: 06/25/2014 at 12:43am
received notification Hurricane Long 5 was in stock, went to add it to my cart after finishing MA reports and then "out of stock" lol
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2014 at 1:46am
Also just received the notification. But I actually check their site everyday and I saw it changed from Coming Soon to Not In Stock days ago. May be they have some but sold out right away. Not sure why they still send out the email now. Anyway I have bought mine from ttnpp with a little extra cash and don't worry, it is not fake!
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Also just received the notification. But I actually check their site everyday and I saw it changed from Coming Soon to Not In Stock days ago. May be they have some but sold out right away. Not sure why they still send out the email now. Anyway I have bought mine from ttnpp with a little extra cash and don't worry, it is not fake!

what is the weights you bought
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2014 at 5:57pm
It is 93g+-1 on the card, 95g on the scale. I have not start playing with it yet but love the same structured clone from TB. It has the feel and control of wood, speed of composite with tons of spin. I only use cheap Chinese rubbers on it and quite surprised that it perform so well about everything.    
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 6:25am
I am a Cpen player but buy SH for collection purpose (what pro use) and play for fun. I will try to give a few words about the HL5 FL but it may not reflect the true aspect of the blade.

It has a bigger than normal blade face, more than HL3. Very heavy with H3 and TA5 probably due to the large face and TA5. Handle seems thinner and not as square as HL3. The feel is flex rather than crisp. Throw is medium to high. May be better with lighter and high bounce rubber. It is not for everyone because of the larger than normal face and weight. If I remember correctly, the face is 162x151mm, blade weight 95g and the whole setup 205g.

The blade and rubber is said to be 40+ ready but I don't think it will give you any advantage playing with the new balls over other gears of similar class.

HL3 and HL5

HL5 and Clone

Clone in cpen and shakehand

Edited by TurboZ - 07/28/2014 at 7:55am
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 8:59am
HL 5 clone? Where can i buy it? :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 9:04am
I just hope people are aware that the cloned version of any thing might likely to be inferior to the original.
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 9:21am
Yes, i'm aware of that. However even if we buy the real thing, we won't be sure that we are using the same blade the pros are using. :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

HL 5 clone? Where can i buy it? :D

They are from taobao. Basically you can call them custom blade with structure, handle and lens of your choice. It has the look but not play similar. No flex and more wood feel. Somehow I like the Cpen better. You really can't expect consistency with these blades.

There are simply too many W997 in taobao asking for a little more than HL5 and I doubt that all of them are genuinely from DHS lab for provincial/national team and no fake.
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2014 at 3:11pm
whats the difference between HL5 and W997????
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2014 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

whats the difference between HL5 and W997????

From all I can read HL5 is the market version of W997 and W997 is a few grams lighter. The handle pattern is a bit different. The curve on W997 is solid yellow but 2 tones on HL5. Our member Giangt has a few of each so he should give better answer to your question.   

I have read a few Chinese forums and according to the high sales record of W997 on taobao lately it is pretty much impossible for all of them to be genuine stuff. Too bad DHS will not authenticate all these non-market products carrying their name so people will never know.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic