FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 1:02pm
Look guys, if you are going to buy or sell here, check to see (1) is this a new member, (2) if there is feedback on that person, (3) be careful using Paypal as a gift and (4) don't use Western Union.

Also, you might go and have a look at some of their threads -- easily done with the search option -- just to make sure there aren't numerous signs of insanity, or general strangeness -- as with, frankly, Channyboi.

The vast majority of transactions here go smoothly but use some common sense!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 5:01pm
I feel compelled to repost some of my earlier messages as forum members who get scammed seem not to bother reading old posts.

SCAMMING happens or could be prevented by the ff. :

1.0 Names and addresses here in this forum are not verified hence could create different/many user accounts.

2.0 When you pay to a different person other than the seller.

3.0 Scammers will first make legit sales to gain the trust then will just make the right con moves in a short period of time.

4.0 Potential buyers tend to rush into sweet deals even if the seller does not have enough feedbacks to back their reputation.

5.0 When you delay reporting the scam as you only have 45 days to file a dispute with Paypal so the scammer will try to run around, give you all sorts of excuses to gain time so the 45 days will lapse and you lose your money.

6.0 Never pay with PAYPAL AS GIFT OR WIRE TRANSFER when you do not personally know the seller, do not have enough feedbacks, or it is OUT OF STATE/COUNTRY TRANSACTION.

7.0 When making TRADES esp. OUT OF STATE/COUNTRY TRANSACTION make it appear that you are buying each other's blade/rubbers and pay by NORMAL PAYPAL (both pays the paypal fee) so both of you are covered in case of loss during transit.
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 10:30am
Originally posted by BigBH BigBH wrote:

4.5% is so little on the figures you are quoting as payments, you are saving $7 to lose $150 

Hi there,
What do you mean by 4.5%? Isn't it 2.9% +US$0.30?
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 11:34am
when you send someone money through paypal not as a gift, say you type in 100USD, it will adjust it and say that you're sending 96.50. Even though it only sends 96.50 to the person you're buying from, it will still drain 100$ out of your account. So when people say to spend the aditional 4.5% that means just make sure that they get the full 100$ so you'll be spending over 100$ to give them the 100$

Click the picture for feedback ^
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 12:03pm
Yes, I understand the idea, but why is it 4.5%? According to Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees) it's 2.9% +US$0.30. Or do they mean something else?
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 12:55pm
that's for credit cards, like even if you send as a gift, if your paypal balance is 0 it will charge that amount to you.

Click the picture for feedback ^
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 8:54pm
Interesting that NoRema is giving advice on how to avoid being scammed.  He should know.  He is Cameron, also known as Buysandsellsblades and sadisticclown, the guy who was the reason we started this thread. 

Do not under any circumstances buy or sell blades from NoRema.  

In case you have any doubt about this, I received this PM from him a few minutes ago:

I've worked hard on being a good person, I've turned my life around. When i've done trades i send the product first BEFORE recieving payment. Check my feedback at the moment. I even send people paddles to test just so they don't have to spend money to do so. what would YOU like from me, i don't want the only community that i feel similarities with to be taken away again.

This scammer has used IPs from Shawnee Mission KS, as well as Johnson County Community College in Kansas, also Lawrence Kansas.  He has also lived in Lenexa KS, another suburb of Kansas City.   At this point beware of these things because this guy will probably come back here with a new name. 

Incidentally, he says he has tried to turn his life around, but I have learned since posting this that he sent a blade to a member that was not in the condition advertised.  Hey, progress, at least he shipped the blade.  In the past he didn't bother to do that.  But still a less than honest transaction.

Cameron Pfannenstiel of  the greater Kansas City area is an internet scammer.  My hope is that this will be picked up by search engines everywhere.
angelleye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote angelleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 1:15am
Follow up to @limjo's list...

PayPal increased the 45 day limit for disputes to 180 days as of last fall.

Edited by angelleye - 04/13/2015 at 1:16am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 2:17am
===================================
Hey, progress, at least he shipped the blade.  In the past he didn't bother to do that.  But still a less than honest transaction.
===================================
He might intend to build some good reps first in aiding to strike BIGDead  
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 3:48am
Thank you for the warning and discovering his real identity!
I am sure he was already trying to "work" on his reputation to scam even more members. Nice to see how this guy was trying to gain trust by having an average of 8! Posts each day and commenting on everything...
flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 4:10am
OMG, even the guy with good feedback & a lot of messages appears to be a scammer... Mad world.
I will probably never understand whats going on in these scammers' heads. Really, what's the point? You spend a lot of time here to comment, to buy & sell... to finally make few 'strikes' and gain few hundred bucks on scamming? 
It is more profitable to invest this time into getting money in fair way, isn't it?

Of course it is possible that he is really trying to 'turn his life around', but how we can know?
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

Thank you for the warning and discovering his real identity!
I am sure he was already trying to "work" on his reputation to scam even more members. Nice to see how this guy was trying to gain trust by having an average of 8! Posts each day and commenting on everything...

Yes, he has more than 500 post being a member from two months ago (Feb 2015!!).
Some of his posts are very annoying... not typical of a new member.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 8:40am
And his username is anagram of his real name (NoRema=(C)ameRoN). Maybe he really wanted one more chance. The fact that he had another opportunity to scam more people at MyTT is why we should be concerned.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 11:02am
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 8:17pm
Deal with people who care more about their reputation than money.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It's one of those days to be sad about losing a guy making an effort to be a better man

Yes, that is for sure, and I want to think that is what is going on with this person, probably more so once he gets a few years older.  But we have to be careful here.

If someone is scamming because they need the money or because they are somewhat crazy, and then they stop, is it temporary based on some improvement in their circumstances or their brain function? If  the economic or neurochemical pressures return, will this person once again scam people?  Or are we wrong about the person trying to self-improve and is there a plan in place to carry out a larger scam again? 

The one place we need to be extra careful is in the For Sale section.  If someone gets their feelings hurt because of arguments about plastic balls or the best Tenergy alternatives, or whatever, at the end of the day, it is a ping pong forum, and so in the worst case (on very rare occasions), someone gets banned a little while and we usually let them come back at least a few times.  But when there is blade scamming and identity theft, that is something completely different.  We have to watch out for our members.   

Mainly though, as you say, sad.

The last thing is that several other members have helped me some with this current situation in figuring out that NoRema is Cameron.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 11:35pm
I think we need to add finspin to this list. He sold a Cresail to Magic_M who in spite of my warnings used Paypal as a gift. $350 sent to Indonesia. Finspin did not ship the blade and told Magic_M he was waiting to get it from Japan. Pretty strange excuse in itself. If yo say you are going to sell a blade normally it means you have it. And then we learn that well after he received the money from Magic_M , finspin was negotiating with another member in Croatia to sell the same blade! Finspin has not refunded the money, shipped the blade or returned PMs.

Edit.  Another member in Indonesia is making contact with finspin (knows him) in an attempt to resolve this.  We shall see.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2015 at 10:59am
Finspin has finally shipped the blade and has provided me with a tracking number.  Hopefully Magic_M will get it soon.  I am not quite ready to take Finspin off this list because there is no explanation as yet to why he attempted to sell the same rare Cresail blade to another member here long after having received payment from Magic_M!  That does not pass the smell test.  The explanations I received for the entire episode strain credibility, and I personally suspect (but cannot prove) that the only reason he sent the blade at all is under pressure from a countryman who agreed to intervene (and who has helped us before).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 12:03pm
Finspin still has several for sale threads here.  He is not banned from the website, but I would use extreme caution dealing with him.
finspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 8:20am
its ok Baal, i think you have finish other case from scammer in mytt because other case not clear like the first in thread and very very Xtreme, IMHO
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 11:25am
Originally posted by finspin finspin wrote:

its ok Baal, i think you have finish other case from scammer in mytt because other case not clear like the first in thread and very very Xtreme, IMHO

Come on, you had an extremly questionable Transaction here and now you are playing cry-cry baby and want to judge about other cases? Lol.
finspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

Originally posted by finspin finspin wrote:

Come on, you had an extremly questionable Transaction here and now you are playing cry-cry baby and want to judge about other cases? Lol.

sorry not like that, no matter what do u think
No problem for me
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 5:38pm
I need for the member known as Sportsfanatic1 to contact me ASAP about a transaction carried out here that does not appear to be above board.  Please respond to my PM or post in this thread.

This member is James Buck, 708 Del Mar Ln, Arlington Texas, 76012.

If there are any members in the Dallas area who know this person, can you let me know?

Update.  This member was given three weeks to address the scam allegation and never replied to buyer or to me.

Permanent ban.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 10:31am
Meanwhile, finspin created a thread to sell blades, including an Allure blade.  Several people noted that the blade did not look authentic.  That obviously made readers hesitant to buy, as it should.  So what did finspin do?

He created a new thread to sell that same blade.  No picture.  No price.  You want to see the blade?  You need to PM him.  Given his prior track record on this forum as a seller, that is unacceptable.  He never explained why he received payment for one blade and after that, attempted to sell the same blade to another seller.  We let him back because Avallo intervened, and finspin eventually did send the blade to the first buyer.  I was reluctant, but I agreed, but I have been trying to keep an eye out.

This is an obvious attempt to be deceptive and he is now banned and I will not let him back.

People who scam on the for sale part of this forum are given a very short leash.  If you troll the other parts of the forum, you are just making people mad.  You will probably be given second and third chances.  First bans are rarely permanent.  If you scam in this section, you are stealing from people, a more severe matter altogether.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 2:26pm
Do not make deals with the member known as Chanyboi 

On OOAK forum he goes by SilverFox.

An Australian at one point living in Japan.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2015 at 11:26am
OK, now it seems we have to add gemaxed to the list.  Ray and giangt warned me that they didn't think this guy was on the up and up, but at the time I didn't have enough hard evidence.  Now it is clear. Banned.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?11611-Viscaria-old-tag

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 10:42pm
Not sure yet what to say about this. Certainly not the same problems as some others but needs to be mentioned. Shay2be advertised several new Stradivarius blades. He shipped the blades but when buyers received them there was glue residue on them. I suggested to him sending back a partial refund to buyers since a blade with glue residue is not exactly new. He seems to not think he should make any restitution to buyers based on his pm to buyers. He has not responded to my pm. Ok. But I would say that calling something that is "like new" to be "actually new" is not entirely honest.  Obviously that is not the same thing is some of the scams described earlier on this thread.  Still, it needs to be mentioned.

Edit added.  Several other members have communicated with me that they have had dealings with Shay2be in which he revealed himself less than honest.  So far, nobody has lost money on anything.  But enough incidents have taken place that I cannot recommend that anybody buy from him.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2015 at 9:13am
The member known as chrisger is a scammer.  His real name is Christoph Heid, and he lives and plays in Lauf a.d. Pegnitz near Nürnberg in Germany.  He accepts money for blades and then sometimes does not ship them and does not respond to emails. Blades he sells may have reduced head size or other modifications.  The blades he offers are often those of another German fellow named Robert B. who is not active on the internet.

He committed at least three cases of this kind of fraud on German table tennis forums where he used the name "chrismfr".  See here:

http://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=2644505&postcount=2848 

It seems he has struck again, here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73920&title=fs-butterfly-powerdrive-ii-fl-very-good

He may use a variety of email addresses. 
Jonyherr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonyherr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 2:19pm
del

Edited by Jonyherr - 05/02/2016 at 6:46am
Jonyherr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonyherr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 3:42pm
del

Edited by Jonyherr - 05/02/2016 at 6:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic