FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

Yes i am but his replies to my question are completely senseless. 

I've been advised your money was refunded just now. Please confirm when you get a chance.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 11:40pm
Yes i just checked! He has fully refunded me! Thanks a lot!
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

Yes i just checked! He has fully refunded me! Thanks a lot!

Good for you buddy! and let's thank Theologian for getting everyone's refund(including myself) again!

Thank you Theologian! we can't say enough thanks for your help!

Edited by bns7117 - 09/14/2014 at 11:43pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 1:32am
I'm still fuzzy on Antuan's situation. I thought I was tracking until I chatted with a friend who is a PayPal guru (in a professional, business sense). Now, I'm not sure.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 2:11am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

I'm still fuzzy on Antuan's situation. I thought I was tracking until I chatted with a friend who is a PayPal guru (in a professional, business sense). Now, I'm not sure.

Why are you fuzzy?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

Why are you fuzzy?

I'm just not familiar enough with how banks and paypal interact with each other in these situations to have a concrete answer. I don't really understand how the bank can credit the money and then Paypal takes it again. It's almost like PayPal and the bank need to have a better working relationship. When I bounced it off the friend who works with Paypal, it sounded strange to him also.

Did you report it to your bank as a fraudulent charge?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 2:48am
And I was actually bringing up your situation to highlight that, in my understanding, perhaps not all restitution has been paid; as some stated it the posts preceding mine.

For now, I'm not going to be discussing these matters Cameron any further. He has stated that he feels I'm harassing him and mentioned going to the Police. As previously stated and explained, my persistence has been for the sake of avoiding Police involvement.

So, to you Antuan, I suggest contacting whoever you feel is appropriate to resolve the matter. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 3:18am

Why are you fuzzy?

I'm just not familiar enough with how banks and paypal interact with each other in these situations to have a concrete answer. I don't really understand how the bank can credit the money and then Paypal takes it again. It's almost like PayPal and the bank need to have a better working relationship. When I bounced it off the friend who works with Paypal, it sounded strange to him also.

Did you report it to your bank as a fraudulent charge?

Yes, it is a strange situation: paypal took 150$ from my bank account. But i returned that receipt so Paypal took 150$ from my paypal account so it was -150$.
I talk to paypal explaining my problem so they decided to help me in spite of having made the payment as gift. I must say that paypal behaved amazing with me 👍👏👏. I never had any discuss in paypal.
I have to say that Cameron told me several times that he was not going to refund my money 😡.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 3:55am

Yes, it is a strange situation: paypal took 150$ from my bank account. But i returned that receipt so Paypal took 150$ from my paypal account so it was -150$.
I talk to paypal explaining my problem so they decided to help me in spite of having made the payment as gift. I must say that paypal behaved amazing with me 👍👏👏. I never had any discuss in paypal.
I have to say that Cameron told me several times that he was not going to refund my money 😡.

So, at this point, you're not out any money, correct? I guess PayPal decided to help you and perhaps they'll pursue restitution on their own.

Now it appears that only the MAkira story must be deciphered.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 4:03am

So, at this point, you're not out any money, correct? I guess PayPal decided to help you and perhaps they'll pursue restitution on their own.

Now it appears that only the MAkira story must be deciphered.

Yes, as i said some days ago, i got my money back. But this has been thanks to Paypal, not to Cameron.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 4:08am

Yes, as i said some days ago, i got my money back. But this has been thanks to Paypal, not to Cameron.

Ah, I overlooked that post. I just went back and read it. Good to hear.
lalcj22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalcj22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 3:09am
hello  all
we need to find a system and process in this group for sale. to figure out good sellers..
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 9:14am
Dear members, we have a new scammer from Belarus who sells here under the name of Perssonblade.  He has scammed several members here, and may have engaged in the same behavior on Russian forums.  He has been suspended.

One thing that emerged in looking into this is that one member provided positive feedback for this guy before having received the item he bought.  Please, don't do that!  Other people rely on the feedback.
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 2:56pm
let's come up with a way to avoid these scams for our friendly ping pong environment.

Just to name a few:
-People can sign up with fake info for their account
-Then create other accounts and giving best rating feedback for their fake accounts to build the trust.
-After it all set up, then posting the sale to set the trap
-When people sending the money, they withdraw it and disappear.
-Then might sign up as a new member with different identity for another scam.

Can we find some way to avoid these?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 9:15am
That is why you should hang around for awhile, see who is very active on the FS section, and look for positive feedback from trusted long term members who have made a lot of transactions and that we all know.  If you have doubts, send me a PM.
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 3:11pm
ok Baal,

thanks for the helping hands. We will msg you and asking about members before buying things.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 3:33pm
Bear in mind that there was once a quite "Popular/Regular/Frequent" reseller (who might have a lot of positive feedbacks) did in fact try to sneak in some "Discontinued" equipment (I think/remember that it was like a FAKED Btfly Taksim Cpen or some high end blade w/o serial #) which that individual claimed that he got it from or he tried to sell it for a friend/relative/family member/GF in/from mainland China.
He these days probably got the message that he just can't use this trick anymore...I've been here long enough & I know what/who to watch out for or not deal with.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/26/2014 at 3:34pm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 1:24pm
I'd hang myself before I would cheat any of you guys.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Bear in mind that there was once a quite "Popular/Regular/Frequent" reseller (who might have a lot of positive feedbacks) did in fact try to sneak in some "Discontinued" equipment (I think/remember that it was like a FAKED Btfly Taksim Cpen or some high end blade w/o serial #) which that individual claimed that he got it from or he tried to sell it for a friend/relative/family member/GF in/from mainland China.
He these days probably got the message that he just can't use this trick anymore...I've been here long enough & I know what/who to watch out for or not deal with.

There's more than ONE my friend Big smile Keep in mind, they're here for a living so they don't scam you directly but bite you one way or another on the side by:
- Overrated their item(s), hiding fault(S) from their photos provided if you don't ask for more details.
- Misleading their product due to lack of knowledge or intentionally such as: Home-brewed/DIY repair/ modified damaged blade and  sold as a Project blade.
  I have seen BTY Power Drive was advertised as a 5-ply Hinoki, Hanno Model number @ bottom of handle is advertised as Limited-Edtion number. 70's BTY Stpancic Standard is advertised as Stipancic-H. Funny thing is BTY Wakaba asking price is 2X BTY Kenny Style price from the same seller....
- They don't dealing in order ( First-come, first-served) as you might have seen in Chinatown.
- Excuse from selling if they think they gave you a real good deal. More and more....

So Buyers beware !

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 11/27/2014 at 11:10pm

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 10:46am
@E.ZegnaFan
yeah...you're right on.
So people, esp. the newbies in town, do your homework first before jumping into this FS tank which is, imho, full of Sharks who're always constantly misleading the ill-informed general public...
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 4:32am
Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

let's come up with a way to avoid these scams for our friendly ping pong environment.

Just to name a few:
-People can sign up with fake info for their account
-Then create other accounts and giving best rating feedback for their fake accounts to build the trust.
-After it all set up, then posting the sale to set the trap
-When people sending the money, they withdraw it and disappear.
-Then might sign up as a new member with different identity for another scam.

Can we find some way to avoid these?

I know one TT site use a point system for selling so no new member can sign in and go straight to scam people for easy money. This will greatly reduce the chance of scammers. You need to accumulate points by posting or other contribution. Certain points are deducted for selling used item and more for new. They want to discourage businessman to use their FS section as a free means of doing online business.

I was once trick by a seller who got my money and delete the FS thread right away. Sent me a blurry cellphone photo of receipt that no one can read. Obviously I never receive the package and by my surprise the seller was willing to pay me half of what I paid him exclude postage. That is better than nothing but still easy money for the seller. I never lost a package except this so I have a strong believe that the seller never post me anything. I believe I never saw the seller again soon after that.  
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 3:10pm
SOme of the other long-timers can also answer PMs about buyers.  At the end of the day, you are on your own.  Just speaking for myself, I have had almost all good experiences here.  One perhaps that I wonder about.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 5:05pm
I remember buying one blade from perssonblade beginning 2013. I don't remember if there was any problems. Maybe some problems with tracking the package but at the end I received the blade in perfect condition.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 7:25am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I remember buying one blade from perssonblade beginning 2013. I don't remember if there was any problems. Maybe some problems with tracking the package but at the end I received the blade in perfect condition.

It appears he only began scamming people some months ago.
Before, he used to have a good reputation, at least here because he probably scammed people on the Russian forum last year already.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 4:34pm
I never go to this section, so this is my first time reading these.  My reaction is, why have I been wasting all my money buying merchandise to send out?  I should just be taking in money! :)

Sounds like it works pretty well.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
julidean79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julidean79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 4:43pm
Take care with andrei2412!!!!
Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia st handle
FH Black Donic Bluefire M1 Max
BH Red Donic Bluefire M2 Max
lalcj22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalcj22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 11:27pm
its very  difficult to find out who is genuine or not. i had a crazy experience. they  have very  nice way  of luring a prospective buyer " price". i  paid money for 4 blades and nasty  experience i  went through. seller says he shipped and later says there was misundersatnding. i  had to wait more than a month to get my  money  back probablly  after 100 mails.
buy  from genuine seller like megaspin, tabletennis11, gotable tennis. peace of mine. pay  5 dollars more better. this is not something u go to buy daily.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2015 at 12:09am
Was your crazy experience with someone on this forum?  If so, please let me know.  Actually the vast majority of transactions here go smoothly, especially when people take reasonable precautions, and even the vast majority of those that don't go perfectly are ultimately resolved amicably.

What is on this thread are some of the horror stories.

Edit added:  Now that I have had time to review some of what was presented (events before I became mod of for sale) it seems a common thread in some scams is when a seller requests payment by Western Union.

I recommend being very cautious if a seller makes any such request.
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 3:44am
Be aware of this guy who just scammed me and never responded and send blade. I paid as gift so i can dispute

His member 's name is: Channyboi
Email is/ paypal: [email protected]
Name is: Daniiel Chen

I hope mods ban all his activities and ban from his server do he can not create another nick name.
Is this Chinese name?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 1:00pm
More information please.  Note that if you paid as a gift, you probably can't get a refund.  The warnings about this are as prominent as I can make them.

Channyboi has accused others of scamming too in a really strange thread.  Interesting.  On one thread he mentioned that he was giving up table tennis.  So maybe he felt like he has nothing to lose at this point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic