Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendation for cpen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendation for cpen
    Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:10pm
Hello, All

I am currently trying to update my YEO cpen. the blade is a little too hard for my liking. But it's a great attacking blade. I am trying to find something with a softer outer ply and harder core, maybe with carbon layers.

The new blade should be able to emphasis on looping more than powerful smashes, and have better short games yet still have gears(just enough power) in mid-distance. I have tried plenty of carbon blades including regular carbon, arylate carbon, glass-fiber carbon, they are a little too bouncy for my short game.

Right now, i am thinking about NExy Arirang cpen, but if someone have some better recommendations, please share some thoughts.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:28pm
Try Yasaka Extra.

The YEO has a really hard outer ply.  It has a sharp feel in the short game, but takes skills to tap into its potential off the table.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:41pm
I switched from the YEO to the Ma Lin Carbon.  It is softer, less bouncy, more controlled than the YEO but still very much offensive.  Blocking is also easier thanks to the backbone and larger sweet spot the carbon layers supply, and although the dwell takes getting used to for the short game and backhand coming from the YEO, once adjusted it works beautifully.  I highly recommend it (I also have one for sale in cpen).
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:44pm
Stiga Intensity NCT Carbon with deep discount should not be missed.

http://www.ttex.se/stiga-blade-intensity-carbon-p-2315.html

khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:44pm
You may take a try of Stiga sense 7.6.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2014 at 10:47pm
Yasaka Extra or Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 12:25am
You may end up going back to YEO.  I did.  
Why not try a different rubber instead.
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 2:05am
acoustic, which i would recommend.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 8:39am
Too many choices out there...Wacko  it really depends on your level & preference to vibration, hardness, & weight....below are my choices from my experiences that can play well off the table as well as near & offers excellent hand feel without too much vibrations

Stiga Rosewood V
Stiga Infinity
Stiga Offensive Wood NCT
Yinhe VF5
DHS HH656, HK655, Long2

I have some of these for sale too, btw

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 08/13/2014 at 8:40am
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

Hello, All

I am currently trying to update my YEO cpen. the blade is a little too hard for my liking. But it's a great attacking blade. I am trying to find something with a softer outer ply and harder core, maybe with carbon layers.

The new blade should be able to emphasis on looping more than powerful smashes, and have better short games yet still have gears(just enough power) in mid-distance. I have tried plenty of carbon blades including regular carbon, arylate carbon, glass-fiber carbon, they are a little too bouncy for my short game.

Right now, i am thinking about NExy Arirang cpen, but if someone have some better recommendations, please share some thoughts.

Thank you.
Try something handmade in the USA... Valor FB-515 C-pen. carbon/arylate and meets/exceeds your requirements.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:09am
thank you all for the input! i will look into those recommendations thoroughly. thank you!
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by khmd khmd wrote:

You may take a try of Stiga sense 7.6.

I tried carbo 7.6 loved the feeling! soft touch in table, and tons of kicks away from talbe, problem is its hard to find lighter weight with that series, sense 7.6 is pretty much identical to carbo 7.6?

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

You may end up going back to YEO.  I did.  
Why not try a different rubber instead.

I am keeping my yep for third-ball attack games, i have softer rubbers, still lacks some "touch" for short games and loops...
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

Too many choices out there...Wacko  it really depends on your level & preference to vibration, hardness, & weight....below are my choices from my experiences that can play well off the table as well as near & offers excellent hand feel without too much vibrations

Stiga Rosewood V
Stiga Infinity
Stiga Offensive Wood NCT
Yinhe VF5
DHS HH656, HK655, Long2

I have some of these for sale too, btw

where can I get yinhe VF5? it looks intriguing.
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:51am
I tried carbo 7.6 loved the feeling! soft touch in table, and tons of kicks away from talbe, problem is its hard to find lighter weight with that series, sense 7.6 is pretty much identical to carbo 7.6?

Sense 7.6 is improved version of carbon 7.6 with better control and feel.
You can ask the seller to pick a particular weight for you. I assume that
you would need one for 84-86 g:

http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/index.php?cName=blades-penholder

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:54am
Thanks, khmd!
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 9:08pm
There is also the BTY Taksim which is the cpen version of the viscaria, and the T5000 CS which is the cpen version of the TBS. There is also the ALC in cpen. I have not played with these blades personally. You will have to try to find them used as I am not sure they are still produced. 

Edited by V-Griper - 08/13/2014 at 9:09pm
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 9:23pm
Many Butterfly Cpens are only available in China and still in production. A friend brought back a ZJK ZLC Cpen when it was released but never use.

Edited by TurboZ - 08/13/2014 at 9:23pm
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 4:42am

I bought one from Eacheng. Not bad, but NE 50 which I bought together with VF 50 provides better feel and control.

To the OP:  YEO is one of the best PH blades, especially when it comes to the short game and playing offensively close to table, it's very nicely balanced in terms of smashing and looping, so it would be quite a problem to find a replacement if you like both aspects. If you look for a more "looping" blade and want to move to mid-distance, Stiga Rosewood/ Yinhe NR50 would be the closest answer. Nexy Peterpan is also very good in looping/blocking/short game, it just doesn't smash reliably. 
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 5:12am
Chinese Real is first that comes to mind. Not sure where you can find it though.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 7:26am
If you find YEO too hard go to the best 5-plies blade available: Hurricane Hao. 
There´s no mistake.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by V-Griper V-Griper wrote:

There is also the BTY Taksim which is the cpen version of the viscaria, and the T5000 CS which is the cpen version of the TBS. There is also the ALC in cpen. I have not played with these blades personally. You will have to try to find them used as I am not sure they are still produced. 

THanks, Taksim looks nice, its as fast as viscaria?
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

I bought one from Eacheng. Not bad, but NE 50 which I bought together with VF 50 provides better feel and control.

To the OP:  YEO is one of the best PH blades, especially when it comes to the short game and playing offensively close to table, it's very nicely balanced in terms of smashing and looping, so it would be quite a problem to find a replacement if you like both aspects. If you look for a more "looping" blade and want to move to mid-distance, Stiga Rosewood/ Yinhe NR50 would be the closest answer. Nexy Peterpan is also very good in looping/blocking/short game, it just doesn't smash reliably. 

Yeah, YEO does have a nice balance between smashing and looping, its like 60/40 ratio. I just tried peter pan, it is indeed very good in looping/blocking/short games.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

There´s no mistake.

Hurricane Hao II looks really nice, but the reviews say it lacks speed, however it seems to excel in looping.

Thanks for the recommendation, i forgot about HH.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 1:54pm

There´s no mistake.

Hurricane Hao II looks really nice, but the reviews say it lacks speed, however it seems to excel in looping.
Lacking speed is relative. Depending on your style it can be very fast.
I use a H-Hao cpen and a short pip rubber on one side only, playing traditional chinese penhold style. And my forehand is fast, at least my opponents say so.
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by V-Griper V-Griper wrote:

THanks, Taksim looks nice, its as fast as viscaria?

It is the viscaria. The only difference is that it is shaped for cpen and they changed the name, otherwise the construction is the same. 
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 8:52pm
Contrary to popular belief, Taksim is not the equivalent of Viscaria.  Owing to their similar handle design, it is easy to mix up the two as having the same construction when the Taksim is in fact a 7.0mm blade made up of ayous/ALC/ayous/kiri/-/-/- whereas the Viscaria is a 5.8mm blade of koto/ALC/ayous/kiri(not the perpetually erroneous balsa)/-/-/-.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 9:19pm

There´s no mistake.

Lacking speed is relative. Depending on your style it can be very fast.
I use a H-Hao cpen and a short pip rubber on one side only, playing traditional chinese penhold style. And my forehand is fast, at least my opponents say so.

Does HH series have bigger head than most cpens? Wang hao's cpen looks huge. You right, it does depend on playing style. It would be nice if i can try it at least once before making a purchase. :(
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 10:12am
I'd suggest the Wang Hao blade as well, if you are looking at the commercial version, be sure to get the all wood HH 656, the HH 3 that has one layer of carbon fiber layer is not recommended.

But if you have the budget, I'd even recommend go all the way for N656 or N656-1, these are the version DSH specially made for provincial team and national team.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 10:38am

Does HH series have bigger head than most cpens? Wang hao's cpen looks huge. You right, it does depend on playing style. It would be nice if i can try it at least once before making a purchase. :(
I don´t think so. H-Hao head is even smaller than Avalox P700. 
H-Hao measures 163x150 while P700 has a 163x152 head. I find both pretty big. 
New Stiga cpens comes with ideal head size, imo: 159x149. Problem is they are too hard for me, Rosewood and Ebenholz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic