Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do Chinese Women Boost?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Chinese Women Boost?
    Posted: 08/16/2014 at 4:07am
Yeah basically I was just wondering if when the female table tennis players (mainly China) use a hurricane or similar rubber boost it or not.

I remember some used to use Tibhar Grip S but it seems for a while now nobody does.

Any info on it?
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Sponsored Links

Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 6:44am
yes they boost too but not that much like men. furthermore their rubbers are a little bit softer, LSW plays a 38degree H3 while ZJK plays like 40-41degree.

Edited by Butt Stallion - 08/16/2014 at 10:23am
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

yes they boost to but not that much like the men. furthermore all of their rubber are a little bit softer, LSW plays a 38degree H3 while ZJK plays like 40-41degree.

How do you know this ? Where do you get your information from ?
Shifter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 10:24am
Ma Long's rubber = 40degree
Liu Shiwen's rubber = 38degree

Furthermore Ding Ning had an interview about equibment and playing style like 2 years ago and she said the men rackets are faster than their rackets... But they are playing the same rubbers so men are boosting more than woman, only logical argument. But I cant find this interview anymore.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-6074156515.53.2w8mw4&id=38699536576

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.qtp1jR&id=38467959157&scm=1007.10115.744.0&pvid=ad9f6b24-c6f9-429d-8398-29034dcc1d2c

Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2014 at 5:59pm
Thanks. I thought maybe that if they did it was probably like factory tuned then re tuned once it worn out with maybe just 1 layer or something. Or just new factory tuned again.

Their shots sound quite different also, but could be the blades perhaps
Stiga Clipper
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 2:44am
My former coach Fei Ming from the Taiwanese national team boosts her hurricane and assured me both men and women who use hurricane boost.  

It also makes sense that the women may use softer sponges or less booster than men because of playing style differences.  Most women typically rely on quick-attack drives at the table which would compliment softer sponge characteristics for hitting into the wood more easily and less booster to keep the ball under control at the table.  Men typically power loop off the table and more booster would help them maintain pace away from the table and harder sponges allow them to capitalize on their physical strength.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 4:26am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

My former coach Fei Ming from the Taiwanese national team boosts her hurricane and assured me both men and women who use hurricane boost.  

It also makes sense that the women may use softer sponges or less booster than men because of playing style differences.  Most women typically rely on quick-attack drives at the table which would compliment softer sponge characteristics for hitting into the wood more easily and less booster to keep the ball under control at the table.  Men typically power loop off the table and more booster would help them maintain pace away from the table and harder sponges allow them to capitalize on their physical strength.

Thanks for that. Very informative.

I then have to ask if anyone knows or has info on:
When buying these rubbers ourselves the softest they come is 39, even the blue sponge . *Edit* excluding the national versions as they are very costly*.
How close are these to being the same, or are they worlds apart.
I have a hurricane 3 neo 39 and its been 4 years now and in all honesty I myself haven't noticed a speed loss and it is still fairly soft. Do these things show more only when you really hit hard, bare in mind I did not add any booster I just glued the NEO straight onto the blade 4 years ago

Edited by Ndragon88 - 08/18/2014 at 4:30am
Stiga Clipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 7:13am
I dont really understand the question. You mean a  comparison between commercial and national rubbers or what?

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 10:35am
not quite correct. 

men and women both boost. i haven't seen evidence that one does more than the other other than that women proportionately has less hurricane users while men predominantly use hurricane fh. basically, all hurricane users boost, not really a women vs men thing.

women tend to use harder rubbers relative to their strength. for hitting styles, harder rubbers are better. you'll see both women and men use 38/39 deg commonly though clearly the men are stronger. they also use T05 more often on bh than T64 for the close range rippers.

lowest degree for hurricane is 37 not 39. real blue is harder than orange. if schen is referring to tong fei ming, i've played her before. best game got 8 pts. :)

grip-s is like high quality haifu whale. unless you're a topspin attacker who likes countering close range, hurricane is better 

Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

I dont really understand the question. You mean a  comparison between commercial and national rubbers or what?

which question? I asked a few.

But generally I just wonder how far off the commercial ones are to the Provincial and National. Like if i do not boost them and just use them as they come (NEO i am talking about). How different are they really comparing to what the women use.

Anyway I found a really nice online read this morning which answered everything I needed to know about it. But of course I welcome any and all info. I enjoy learning about these things they fascinate me.

Edited by Ndragon88 - 08/18/2014 at 10:39am
Stiga Clipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

not quite correct. 
men and women both boost. i haven't seen evidence that one does more than the other other than that women proportionately has less hurricane users while men predominantly use hurricane fh. basically, all hurricane users boost, not really a women vs men thing.

women tend to use harder rubbers relative to their strength. for hitting styles, harder rubbers are better. you'll see both women and men use 38/39 deg commonly though clearly the men are stronger. they also use T05 more often on bh than T64 for the close range rippers.

lowest degree for hurricane is 37 not 39. real blue is harder than orange. if schen is referring to tong fei ming, i've played her before. best game got 8 pts. :)

grip-s is like high quality haifu whale. unless you're a topspin attacker who likes countering close range, hurricane is better 

Yes both of them are boosting, but I saw some rubbers of women which were all around 38-39 degree while men have rubbers around 40-41 degree... And like I said Ding Ning had this interview she was saying that the men rackets are faster. But maybe it changed?? We dont know for sure...

which question? I asked a few.

But generally I just wonder how far off the commercial ones are to the Provincial and National. Like if i do not boost them and just use them as they come (NEO i am talking about). How different are they really comparing to what the women use.

Anyway I found a really nice online read this morning which answered everything I needed to know about it. But of course I welcome any and all info. I enjoy learning about these things they fascinate me.

Well, these rubbers are being made to boost them, nobody is playing them not boosted so I dont really know how they are working without any boosting, I guess not that good or like very spinny but dead and hard european rubbers.

If youre boosting especially with more than 3 layers I found out there is not huge differences between the sheets. Yes there is, provincial and especially national rubbers are just more consistent in their pipe structure which means for your game, your whole rubber has a perfect sweetspot and not like the commercial ones only in the middle.

But like I said, I was boosting a simple H3N commercial with like 6 layers of Haifu on my Rosewood, super super fast rubber for 3 weeks, then I throw it in the garbage and you can take the next one.
People are gonna say: "3 weeks of playing and allready in the garbage, do you have this much money?" Noooo, but if I think about this commercial sheet around 18USD, still way cheaper than every 2 month a Tenergy. 
Your european backhand can still be on your racket for 2 sheets of forehands, so the cost are not that high.

And after 6 layers of Haifu provincial and commercial play and behave almost the same. Especially the first 2 weeks, so unless youre not national or at least very vey high provincial level it really doesnt matter for you. 

To have and feel the big benefits out of the provinical and even national rubbers you have to play this game like chinese, do you? If not, commercial sheets with a lot of boosting are working too, especially the first 2 weeks youre playing it.

And after 3 weeks of playing a sheet, the 50USD provincial sheet hurts to throw in the garbage, the 18USD commercial one, no one cares...

And to all the people "playing or wanting" blue sponge rubbers, unless you spend minimum 100USD for a sheet or more you dont get genuine products. And even if you get them, you are still not Ma Long.
Fan Zhendong was playing Junior World Championships with orange sponge, Zhou Yu and some woman are still playing with them, so dont think you need this blue sponge when the best players in the world are able to play heavily boosted orange sponges ;)

No offense, just my personal opinion about this whole DHS rubbers world... but still everybody is free to buy what ever he or she wants!

best regards
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 1:27pm
Nice replies guys thanks for that. Yeah I won't bother with the blue sponge as its costly, the national rubbers are too much also for what I want and can spend.
I was considering the provincial but I guess I won't bother now. I have played with regular H3 and found the H3 NEO (factory tuned and glued with butterfly free chak) to be better for me. Felt like a slightly boosted H3 which worked for me. Haven't re glued it or anything and still plays the same. I won't bother tuning or buying prov/nat/BS ones as you have all given me enough info to make an easy decision.

Thank you :D 
Stiga Clipper
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 1:44pm

not quite correct. 

women played with speed glue ,why do they wouldnt boost?

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

not quite correct. 

women played with speed glue ,why do they wouldnt boost?

Yes.  +1 
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 2:23pm

not quite correct. 

I alway's enjoy reading what Kurokami post on the Hurricane rubbers, thanks for information.
Shifter
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 5:57pm
[QUOTE=Butt Stallion]
Yes both of them are boosting, but I saw some rubbers of women which were all around 38-39 degree while men have rubbers around 40-41 degree... And like I said Ding Ning had this interview she was saying that the men rackets are faster. But maybe it changed?? We dont know for sure...
[QUOTE]
 how do you see these things

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 7:19pm
check the links above and youll see Liu Shiwen plays with 38degree rubber while Ma Long and Zhang Jike are playing with around 40-41. There are many pictures of Zhang Jike rubbers here in mytabletennis, just search for it and youll find a pic which is actually 40.5 degree of ZJK a H3N blue sponge for WTTC 13.

best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic