Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Energy Force XII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Energy Force XII
    Posted: 08/16/2014 at 5:19pm
I happened to be in Osaka last week and got a new pair of Butterfly Energy Force XII. They didn't have the Energy Force XIII in my size, otherwise I would have got them instead. I compared them with my existing shoes:

Surprisingly, they're heavier than the old Energy Force V, which used to be a very expensive shoe. The XII cost less. I paid about $125 at a ping pong shop in the Namba area. They also feel significantly heavier than the V and seem less roomy. However, the sole seem quite similar to the Energy Force V.

Sandiway
Sponsored Links

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2014 at 1:01am
Thanks for the info. These things can be really important.

I got my self a pair of energy force viii and they are lighter than my asics gel blades . Gel blades are more rigid and just a bit higher, offers perfect cushion though. I hope energy force viii got some cushioning...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 5:40pm
You're welcome. I wish manufacturers listed weights for their shoes. Wave Drive Ace has good cushioning (for me). YMMV depending on your body weight and what surface you play on (concrete, wood, gerflor etc.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic