FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Seller MAkira falsely accused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seller MAkira falsely accused
    Posted: 09/10/2014 at 11:43am
Thanks for the update. Hope you didn't use the "gift" option.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Sponsored Links

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 11:51am
nope

Edited by bns7117 - 09/14/2014 at 11:31pm
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 11:53am
thought so as well. was about to buy jm but i asked around and conveyed my opinion of him after a brief discussion which led me to wait a bit longer for feedback
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 1:10pm
one rule of thumb, always have a feedback page.  I always ask the new sellers to send me the goods first, and upon arrival, I will pay for them as GIFT after showing them my feedbacks.  But if new sellers insist on being paid first, I will not hesitate even a second by sending the payment as Goods.  That way you're protected, and the new sellers will slowly build a reputation until adequate where Goods option is no longer necessary when sending money.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 1:52pm
For PayPal eCheck, it's not instant and will take 3-5 days to clear if everything goes smoothly. So both parties should check their PayPal account to see whenever it's clear before expecting seller send the blade to buyer Tongue

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 2:06pm
Honest and keeping promises are the keys here. The seller has to ship in the timeframe as he promises. And if anything happens such that the seller can not ship in time, he needs to send a message to the buyer for update. That is what any decent man should do.

Edited by kindof99 - 09/10/2014 at 2:11pm
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 2:31pm
PayPal has a guideline for shipping goods, seller have  the whole week to ship but 2,3 more weeks in Pending sale is unacceptable in my eyes LOL

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:04pm
I have reopened this thread and it will stay open until I receive word that Joris has received the Sardius that he bought from MAkira.  It has now been five days and the blade appears to have not yet been even shipped. 

Earlier today I requested an explanation from MAkira in the most recent of a long series of PMs and have not yet received a reply, but I will give him more time.  His previous replies to my PMs stopped me short of drawing the conclusion that he is a scammer.  You will recall that I had earlier pointed out that he had not disclosed that he was a playing partner of Cameron, one of our more notorious scammers we have ever had here, and MAkira says he actually got the blades he is selling from him.  You can see that warning on the stickied thread where we warned forum members about Cameron, a thread where MAkira seemed to have a great deal of interest and comments about paypal and such.   

Patience is close to an end.  For now, communication streams with MAkira through this site remain open.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:44pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:51pm
All that story reminds me bad memories........
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 12:03am
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 9:56am
Seller has no response,he did not send me any tracking inf.
joris
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 12:54am
I think I should report to the police
joris
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 1:54am
Yes, this is another example of the dangers of paying with paypal as a gift to a seller with no feedback at all.  I have tried hard in this forum to warn people about this.  It is careless and to be honest I don't have a lot of sympathy.  Cheap?  Used blades come in a variety of prices depending on condition. 
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 7:12am
One aspect of this criminal activity that really surprises me is that these guys don't have the foresight to consider how future potential employers could discover this.

You're in college, wanting a professional job, committing crimes which will be discoverable in the future.

Dumb, really dumb.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

One aspect of this criminal activity that really surprises me is that these guys don't have the foresight to consider how future potential employers could discover this.

You're in college, wanting a professional job, committing crimes which will be discoverable in the future.

Dumb, really dumb.

Agree
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 12:31pm
I no longer pay as $ to friends or family or ask others to pay me in this fashion unless they are friends or family.

Edited by tommyzai - 09/14/2014 at 12:32pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 9:45pm
Theologian and I haven't been able to prove this, but our very strong suspicion at this point is that the entire identity of the poster MAkira was created by Cameron Pfanenstiel, also known as SadisticClown, and Buys&Sells Blades.  After his scamming was discovered, he later created EJoslin, supposedly his girlfriend, and used that username to engage in sock puppetry about the scamming itself.  The "MAkira" user came to our attention because he seemed to be engaged in the same behavior as EJoslin on the main thread (stickied) in which we were sorting out who needed to get refunds etc.  (Cameron admitted to creating the EJoslin user).  Later, the MAkira user tried to sell some expensive JM blades and also a Sardius.  Theologian spotted that because of Cameron's history, which included that type of blade.  We also know that Cameron had bought a Sardius from a user here.  The MyTT user joris made the mistake of attempting to buy the Sardius from MAkira using paypal as a gift but that blade has not been shipped and joris is probably out of luck.  Again, don't do dumb stuff with paypal!  People who have no feedback must be dealt with carefully. 

The plan to implicate MAkira was brewed for some time, and we believe that it is particularly odious because Cameron set up someone he knew to take the blame ---by having that user appear to participate in the general forum for awhile, before using that user name to do yet another scam.  Moreover the person who we think was an intended victim, a foreign student, was in a particularly vulnerable situation.

At this point we believe that Michael Akira, the student living in Kansas City, had never even heard of MyTT (before this), although he does play the sport. He appeared to be genuinely surprised to learn that he had become involved in all this. 

So this is where things seem to stand now. It is pretty bizarre.  The good news is that it may only a single person who has caused a lot of trouble.  The bad news is that it means that you really have to be careful on the internet.

I changed the title of this thread to reflect the current situation.  I have also gone back and read some of the posts in general threads made by MAkira and SadisticClown and I am convinced they are the same person.  And that person is the scammer known as Cameron Pfanenstiel, a college student living in the Kansas City area. 

When last we checked, Cameron seems most concerned at the moment that he has a biology exam he needs to be studying for, and he has threatened Theologian with a "do you know who my uncle is" kind of remark.   

One other thing.  I have hidden a lot of the comments on this thread because of what we now think is the most likely explanation.  With that said, it can be all unhidden easily enough if new information comes to light.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 9:58pm
oh man... that's some dramatic turn of events... No wonder "Akira" sounded exactly like Cameron.

Edited by bns7117 - 09/14/2014 at 10:00pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 11:00pm
Cameron also appears to have created a fake email address on gmail to do the paypal transactions.

As for "MAkira" sounding like Cameron, go back and have a look back at the "playing ping pong on drugs" thread for one example.  If you had any doubt before, that should clear it up.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 1:41am
It's all quite a mess, isn't it? What a colossal waste of everyone's time. I had hours of Army business to catch up on today which I didn't get to because of this ongoing issue.

I spoke with Cameron by text and Michael by phone today. Both have denied any involvement.

At this point I'm going to step back and let the chips fall where they may. I had hoped this would all be resolved without Police involvement. But, my advice to anyone who has been a victim here at mytt is simply to take whatever measures you feel are appropriate.

On a personal level, I guess I hope that "MAkira" is neither Cameron nor Michael; as I consider them both friendly acquaintances I sometimes see at local clubs. However, I would feel it's highly unlikely that a third party took this much time to do homework and come up with this.

As I told Cameron: if I'm proven wrong in my suspicion, I'll be the first to apologize. I'll also be the first to forgive if I'm proven right.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 10:19am
 I also spoke with Michael today on the phone.  I have not spoken with Cameron but have received PMs from him, have re-read his posts here before we banned him.  I strongly believe that "MAkira" was Cameron, there is no other explanation that makes any sense to me.  I think it's time to put this to sleep. 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 6:02am
Joris,

Any update?
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 6:44am
Received nothing
joris
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 7:15pm
Have you tried to have PayPal refund
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 7:44pm
Can't take refund because paid by
joris
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 7:45pm
Can't take refund because paid by gift7
joris
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by joris joris wrote:

Can't take refund because paid by gift7

That's also what I thought, but Antuan somehow got his money back from Paypal. Worth a try.

Edited by chroot - 09/17/2014 at 9:07pm
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 3:46am
I am not sure but if you go to your bank and tell the stuff you sent money by mistake may be they can help you.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 4:33am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

I am not sure but if you go to your bank and tell the stuff you sent money by mistake may be they can help you.

Yes, the bank probably will refund your money but you would be negative in your paypal account.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic