FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Upgrade Suggestions Again :P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 11:31pm
YEO or Stratus POwer wood + P7 + tibhar evolution fx-p
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:13am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

YEO or Stratus POwer wood + P7 + tibhar evolution fx-p

Bro are you suggesting this for my opening post or my last post ( the last post of page 1 ).

If you could please shed some light on my last post of page 1 as well :)

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:14am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Blade = Timo Boll Spirit or Viscaria
Forehand = Sigma 2 Pro
Backhand = Rakza 7 soft
Problem = Solved

If you could please shed some light on my last post of page 1.

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:15am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Blade: Maze ALC
Forehand : adidas P7
Backhand : razka 7 soft.

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:15am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hi,
I suggest you Samsonov Power Wood
6.2mm thickness bade this blade excellent choise,it can be found for 30$

it is much better than a regular korbel,proving really good speed for a 5ply wood

rubbers are very individual,

But Acuda S1 or Baracuda are rubbers which you might give a try.

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:16am
Originally posted by khmd khmd wrote:

my 1c:

carbon: stiga sense 7.6, onsale for $62, free shipping if 75 Euro:

http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/product_info.php?pName=stiga-sense-76&cName=blades

wood: stiga hybrid wood, onsale for $67 + 12 shipping:

http://www.ttex.se/stiga-hybrid-wood-p-493.html

Rubber: Tenergy if you have sufficient fund, else,

FH: Rasant series or Bluefire M2;
BH: Rakza 7 soft or Bluefire M3;

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:46am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Your blade is perfectly fine. If you want faster and spinnier then just upgrade the rubber or thickness. Tenergys, Calibra's, Rakza 9, 1Q, Bluefire. Also Barracuda for BH is a step up in spin for you and is a beast for BH opening loops. :)

Thanks

Edited by unstopabl3 - 09/17/2014 at 4:46am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:46am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

my 2 cents fwiw:

Blade: Waldner Senso Carbon
FH rubber: Maxxx 400 2.0
BH rubber: Rakza 7 soft 2.0

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:47am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

TBalc or viscaria, T05 on fh and barracuda on bh

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:48am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Rubber

4H - Tenergy 05 max

BH - Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 sponge

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 4:48am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by 808ponger 808ponger wrote:

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Need to change the blade as I'll be giving this to my brother :P

And want to keep two blades in my arsenal with different sets of rubbers for testing and improving my game gradually :P

As long as you understand that progress will become even more gradual if you keep changing your setups. But I get where you're coming from though - how can you know if you are using equipment best suited to you if you don't try them all? There is definitely fun in trying out new gear and sometimes you need to educate yourself on the different properties of different constructions, etc. but just recognize that you can't fix holes in your game by changing your rubber or blade and also that over time your gear preferences may change as well.
Anyway have fun and enjoy EJing! And updated video of you playing ...

+2.

Usually, the biggest reason to change equipment is to move to a different class of blade from what you are currently using (usually slower or faster). Going for something slightly different in the same class is a waste of time unless you tried someone else's blade and preferred the feel of the outer ply which is different from yours. Rather than buy from internet recommendations, go to your club, borrow and test extensively. But if your strokes are not consistent, doing anything other than trying a slower blade is usually a waster of time.

Thanks
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 6:08am

Hi pros, here is my current setup:

BLADE: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon 7 Ply

FH: Yasaka Rakza 7

BH: Yasaka Mark V

I've been using it for the past 7 months and enjoyed every bit, I've improved my BH to the extent that I can now do much more than simple blocks or slices, and my FH has become way more consistent and powerful, so thanks to all the members who helped me with this setup.

Now I'm looking to transition into modern setups, want to taste the flavours of newer blades and rubbers and need your suggestions again.

I'm an attacker and play actively with my FH, trying to get a point with a 3rd ball smash or topspin placed accurately at either side of the table. I have many different types of serves but I try to generate as much spin as possible and I do a lot of FH topspin loops. My BH is my weaker side, I mostly just slice or block the return but do go for the kill when required and have started looping with some amount of topspin as well. I also serve with my BH and try to generate spin and speed to get the point on service. But I need to improve my BH service returns as I only slice or chock most of the service returns, whereas I want to be able to loop and return the ball over the net with my BH.

The following are my requirements but you guys can suggest whatever you think is best for me:

Blade= OFF- or OFF but not OFF+ basically faster than Ma Lin SC, same weight or just a tad heavier, similar kind of flared handle, the more comfortable the handle the better, suggest a few carbon blades and a few wood blades, should not be brittle at the edges, should last long :P

Thinking to purchase 1 Carbon and 1 Wood but should not be more than $100 each ( I'm thinking to choose from the top 10 rated blades at tabletennisdb those that fit my budget but also interested in YEO, Primorac, Donic Testra AR Plus, Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, )

FH= faster more spinnier than Rakza 7 without losing the control factor, should be able to do a lot of spin on service but should also be good on opponents service pickup. Should be able to produce a lot of topspin

Might purchase 2 or 3 different rubbers but should not be more than $70 each ( I'm thinking to choose from the top 10 rated rubbers at tabletennisdb those that fit my budget but also interested in Rakza 9 , DONIC Coppa series, Fastarc series, Rhyzm, Joola Maxxx series, Bluefire series, Tenery series, Adidas P7, Andro Rasant series )

BH= a tad faster than Mark V, a tad spinnier but control should be same if not better and allow me to easily generate good spin on serves and loops and generate decent topspin. By backhand still needs a lot of work as I still mostly block or push the ball with it, however I want to become more active so any rubber which will help me with that

Might purchase 2 or 3 different rubbers but should not be more than $50 each ( thinking about Rakza 7, Rakza 9, Mark V HPS, or something similar in that budget and category )

Thanks in advance!

Ok, my suggestions. You could stick with your blade but if you are that sure on buying a new one, the TBS you can't go wrong. It is just a solid choice, not too fast and not slow, great feeling and not too heavy, also pairs well with every rubber.
As for rubbers, assuming your FH is active all if not most of the time then Tenergy05 or Bluefire M2 sound like your best choices. Could try T05FX if you prefer softer sponge. Your FH in my opinion is a no brainer and is more about choosing the medium-hard rubber of whatever brand your want.
Your BH on the other hand is a little more complicated. This is because you want it faster and more spinny than Marv V but same control if not better. The ONLY rubbers imo that will give you the control you desire are rubbers like Raska Soft and similar tensors of that softness. You might want to check out Aurus Sound, Acuda S3, Genius Sound. Stay away from Really grippy topsheets like Tenergy, Bluefire, Evolution etc.
The Mark V HPS will be a tad faster, same spin (maybe a bit more) but will lose a bit of control for it. Your BH is not as active as FH so need a softer sponge to forgive you a bit more.

Hope this helped
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 9:26am

Easy lads no need to start a flame thread :P

After taking consideration of all the recommendations here and doing my research online, still need more help guys.

Firstly, a blade under $150, please select the best from these as they all seem same to me so confused:

Timo Boll ALC   = $136 (megaspin)

Timo Boll Spirit  = $122 (megaspin)

Butterfly Michael Maze = $122 (megaspin)

Butterfly Viscaria / Viscaria Light = $122 (megaspin)

THEN

Compare the best one from above with:

Butterfly Zhang Jike = $147 (megaspin)

You might as well flip a coin since we know very little about your game.  These OFF arylate/arylate-carbon blades are similar enough that hairsplitting is a waste of time.  Sure, some people will feel that one is definitely better than the other, but that has to do with each individual player's preferences (handle, outer ply feel) and experiences, and since two blades rarely if ever play exactly the same, there is variation in there as well.  Table tennis is a practice/technique driven sport more than an equipment sport.  That I would pick the Timo Boll ALC does not make me any smarter than the guy who would pick the Viscaria or Michael Maze or the TBS - all are good blades.  The Zhang Jike is different enough that it might not suit some people, but some people like it for that reason.

Secondly, a blade under $100 from these or recommend something better???:

Butterfly Primorac EX = $68 (megaspin)

Butterfly Primorac = $67 (megaspin)

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon =  $60 (tt11)

TIBHAR STRATUS POWER WOOD = $43 (tt11)

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive = $43 (tt11)

These are all good blades, but there is a little more variation here and the differences in feel are more meaningful even if they don't make you that much better or worse.  The only thing here that is slightly different is that the Primorac is OFF- and is slower than the rest and the senso carbon has carbon, even if it is not a power carbon blade.  I have been thinking hard about getting a PowerWood, and I definitely dislike the YEO because it lacks the kind of feel I like in a blade, but some people like the hard contact and stiffness.  But since I use a blade I bought for $50 with which I have played my best table tennis, I have stopped wasting my time with these things.  Every time I want to get a new blade, I just stay away from table tennis for a few days and go back feeling better and ready to re-appreciate my blade.

If you want to learn about blades, just find out what the materials in the blade are, especially the outermost material, and how thick the blade is.   Over time, you will develop preferences based on how the blade feels and how these materials affect your shot.  But this is not something someone else can force on you - you have to experience it but spending money is not the best way.  There are people who hate soft outer plies like limba or hinoki but I cannot play without them (as in I enjoy the feel of those materials - whether they actually make me play better is a different story, but enjoyment counts for something).  Timo Boll is using one kind of material, but Bojan Tokic is using an entirely different kind of blade, though both are supposedly the same speed in general.

Thinking to put a couple of these on FH:

Tenergy 05
Adidas P7
Rasant
Acuda S2 / S3
Bluefire M2 / M3
Maxxx 400 / 500

Thinking to put a couple of these on BH:

Rakza 7 soft
Rakza 9
Baracuda
Bluefire M3

So please suggest the blades accordingly, and also mention the best tried combinations.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!

Again, since the blade and rubber is not going to make that much of a difference to your game, just pick up one that has a good reputation and play with it for a long time.  People have reviewed these rubbers extensively and to be honest, I am not that good a player, but I am advanced enough that I can play at about the same level with any of them.  I would probably feel more comfortable now with T05, but that is because I have spent most of my playing career using T05 or Baracuda type rubbers on both sides.

If you have someone at your club who plays with these, use his blade and see if you like it and find out what it is made of. If you don't have anyone in your club who plays with these blades/rubbers, then don't waste your time.  Buy the one that makes you feel that you have the best equipment.  If you work hard with it for about 6 months, you will become relatively consistent with it over a period of time.  With that consistency, you can try out stuff from other people and see whether you like how it affects your shots.  Then you can decide to switch.  But these rubbers will not transform your game.  Nothing but putting in the hours will.

The only danger with buying fast blade is that without coaching, it will make you miss too much.  But since you are set on an offensive blade, I will assume that you have an idea what you are doing.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/17/2014 at 9:30am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 9:36am
Short Answer:

Timo Boll ALC, T05 Forehand, Baracuda Backhand.
Tibhar SPW, T05 Forehand, Baracuda Backhand.

This assumes you like to loop on your backhand.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 1:49pm
So you don't knock your head against the wall and cause chaos on this thread... ill make this simple for you.

All BTY ALC BLADES PLAY VERY VERY SIMILAR, there is maybe a small margin of difference that only pros can notice.

So if you pick an ALC blade out of the pool you provided you wont make a bad choice. It pretty much comes down to your preference of the handle color, aesthetics of the blade, comfort, etc. Minor non-playing characteristic issues.

My recommendations are TB ALC or Viscaria + T05 FH + BH rubber of your choice. Bh rubber all depends on your technique and how developed it is.

***Note on any ALC blades - weight is important in how it will affect your feel and balance. Make sure to pick out a heavier (90-95g) blade if you want a heavy feel, vice versa get a lighter (80-85g) blade if you like a lighter feel.

For all wood I wouldn't waste money on trying Primorac EX.

My recommendations are Primorac OFF- or Tibhar SPW + T05 (for BTY Primo) or Evolution MXP (for Tibhar SPW) on FH + BH rubber of your choice. Again all depends on your technique and how you use your BH.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/17/2014 at 2:02pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 3:28am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Short Answer:

Timo Boll ALC, T05 Forehand, Baracuda Backhand.
Tibhar SPW, T05 Forehand, Baracuda Backhand.

This assumes you like to loop on your backhand.

Thanks for narrowing it down for me :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 3:28am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

So you don't knock your head against the wall and cause chaos on this thread... ill make this simple for you.

All BTY ALC BLADES PLAY VERY VERY SIMILAR, there is maybe a small margin of difference that only pros can notice.

So if you pick an ALC blade out of the pool you provided you wont make a bad choice. It pretty much comes down to your preference of the handle color, aesthetics of the blade, comfort, etc. Minor non-playing characteristic issues.

My recommendations are TB ALC or Viscaria + T05 FH + BH rubber of your choice. Bh rubber all depends on your technique and how developed it is.

***Note on any ALC blades - weight is important in how it will affect your feel and balance. Make sure to pick out a heavier (90-95g) blade if you want a heavy feel, vice versa get a lighter (80-85g) blade if you like a lighter feel.

For all wood I wouldn't waste money on trying Primorac EX.

My recommendations are Primorac OFF- or Tibhar SPW + T05 (for BTY Primo) or Evolution MXP (for Tibhar SPW) on FH + BH rubber of your choice. Again all depends on your technique and how you use your BH.

Thanks for narrowing it down for me :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 3:41am
Thanks for all the suggestions and help, you guys are really wonderful :)

After doing extensive research and comparisons I've decided to go with:

Butterfly Timo Boll ALC 

Also need help with the rubbers now :)

I have narrowed down my choices to:

FH

Andro Rasant Turbo  = $53

Rakza 9 = $53

Maxxx 400 2.0 = $45

Which one of these has more dwell time, better spin on topspin rallies, better control and more incensitive to incoming spin??? Or does T05 or P7 win in all these requirements from this lot???

I'm shying from T05 and P7 because they are costing around $70 each and I think they will be a bit too fast for me switching from Rakza 7 and might take me longer time to adjust to them by which time the rubbers might wear off and I'll need to chip in another $70 lol

Now for BH:

Rakza 7 soft = $53

Baracuda = $44

Which one has better blocking capability, better control, more forgiving and better at receiving incoming spinny serves???

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by unstopabl3 - 09/18/2014 at 12:29pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 12:23pm
Oh yeah forgot to add, the rubbers should be glue friendly, as I'll take the rubbers off and try a few different combinations before falling in love with 1 setup :)

Also please do recommend a good glue and blade sealant which I'll order along with the rest of the setup. I hope there is no problem with shipping these chemical like products internationally, right???
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 12:30pm
Also I do want to confirm, is the flared handle of TB ALC comfortable enough??? I like the handle of my Ma Lin Soft Carbon, so is it better, worse, same???
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 5:44pm
Flared handle of TB ALC is very comfortable for me. I've used a YEO flared as well and that felt comfortable too (I'm assuming all yasaka flared handles are the same, you should have no issue with BTY FL handles), it was a bit more rounder in the middle compared to TB ALC.
For glue I would choose Nittaku fine zip if you plan to take off rubbers a lot. I know nothing about sealer, I did get my YEO sealed by megaspin.net. No problems with it when I used it.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/18/2014 at 5:46pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 5:47pm

Flared handle of TB ALC is very comfortable for me. I've used a YEO flared as well and that felt comfortable too, it was a bit more rounder in the middle compared to TB ALC.
For glue I would choose Nittaku fine zip if you plan to take off rubbers a lot. I know nothing about sealer, I did get my YEO sealed by megaspin.net. No problems with it when I used it.

Thanks for the reply, I don't plan to take off the rubbers a lot, but when I do I want it to be an easy task. Is the butterfly WTB good as well???

And how's the reliability of megaspin in terms of genuine products and delivery timings???

Also please do give your input about the rubbers, I didn't choose T05 or P7 because I first want to get used to similar types of rubbers ( speed and spin ) before spending $70 on them :P

Edited by unstopabl3 - 09/18/2014 at 5:50pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 5:55pm

Flared handle of TB ALC is very comfortable for me. I've used a YEO flared as well and that felt comfortable too, it was a bit more rounder in the middle compared to TB ALC.

Thanks for the reply, I don't plan to take off the rubbers a lot, but when I do I want it to be an easy task. Is the butterfly WTB good as well???

And how's the reliability of megaspin in terms of genuine products and delivery timings???

Very reliable. I've only ordered my blades from them but they get their stuff from American table tennis or other vendors. It's like Amazon for tt stuff. They even match weight if requested.

I use Bty Free chalk, it's a nice strong bond but I've read it can splinter blades. I've never had any issues with it so far. I didn't seal my ALC because I didn't want it to affect any playing characteristics, top ply Koto doesn't splinter easily as I've read.

I can't comment on those rubbers since I've never tried or used them. If they are slower than tenergy series you should be fine with any tensor on the alc.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/18/2014 at 5:57pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 6:00pm

Very reliable. I've only ordered my blades from them but they get their stuff from American table tennis or other vendors. It's like Amazon for tt stuff. They even match weight if requested.

I use Bty Free chalk, it's a nice strong bond but I've read it can splinter blades. I've never had any issues with it so far. I didn't seal my ALC because I didn't want it to affect any playing characteristics, top ply Koto doesn't splinter easily as I've read.

I can't comment on those rubbers since I've never tried or used them. If they are slower than tenergy series you should be fine with any tensor on the alc.

Yes that's why I don't want to seal my blade when I first get it either so that I get to feel it's true characteristics, so I guess I won't get it sealed by the vendor and just do it later myself if required, right???

What weight should I order for TB ALC or does that depend on the rubbers I choose and their thickness???
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 6:09pm
The standard weight for an ALC is 84g according to bty. So you can probably ask anything between 82-90g. I've seen some forums members here having 93g ALCs, which is rare I guess. It won't matter much honestly, unless you have a wrist/hand issue. TB ALC is a very balanced blade so almost any rubbers you'll put on it will feel balanced and not too head heavy. My total setup of 2x 2.1mm t05 + ALC weighs at ~188g. So that's probably as heavy as a setup will be since tenergy rubbers are pretty heavy.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 10:09am

The standard weight for an ALC is 84g according to bty. So you can probably ask anything between 82-90g. I've seen some forums members here having 93g ALCs, which is rare I guess. It won't matter much honestly, unless you have a wrist/hand issue. TB ALC is a very balanced blade so almost any rubbers you'll put on it will feel balanced and not too head heavy. My total setup of 2x 2.1mm t05 + ALC weighs at ~188g. So that's probably as heavy as a setup will be since tenergy rubbers are pretty heavy.

Thank you everyone for your help, I'll be ordering soon :)
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

If you're going to spend that kind of money just get tenergy on both sides. There  hasn't been a rubber that beats tenergy yet, and it's used by just about every pro ever.

Of course Tenergy is a great rubber, but i would say that there are many rubbers out there that can suit someone better that tenergy because it´s a rubber for very experienced players.. And using the same rubbers like the pros sadly does not make yourself a pro. Wink
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 12:14am
good choice on blade. i would not upgrade rubber too much. +1 the guy who said some of these suggestions are crazy. MLSC isn't very fast. it's a pretty decent step up to go to TB ALC. unless you're looking to train for awhile w/o being able to do much in game, stick with rubbers similar to your current setup or just continue with the same to see how you like it on your new blade.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic