Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tensor virgin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SlipSlopSlappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tensor virgin
    Posted: 09/14/2014 at 3:32pm
Hi all,

I have been using Palio biotech HK1997 and CJ8000 both rated at 36-38° hardness for a couple of seasons now and I am looking to buy my first ever tensor rubbers. 

To make the transition easier, it makes sense, to me anyway, to buy a similar sponge hardness. I am looking at Donic Acuda S3 (rated at 37.5°). Is this a sensible approach?

Also, feel free to recommend other tensors for a first time user. Essentially, I am looking for more speed and spin than I currently have without wanting to go over the top. I'm intending to purchase 2.0 for FH and 1.8 for BH rather than max to hopefully aid control.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SlipSlopSlappy - 09/14/2014 at 3:34pm
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 4:09pm
Hardness degrees are only useful within the specific company producing the rubber. So if a Palio rubber is rated 36 degrees and another Palio rubber is rated 40, you know the 40 is harder and the 36 is softer. However, across different companies this number doesn't completely translate well. This is especially the case when comparing European companies and Chinese companies. So that Acuda S3 is going to feel softer than you think.

As far as recommendations go, I would suggest either Mark V HPS or Mark V HPS soft. Probably HPS on the forehand and HPS soft on the backhand since I can't find either thinner than 2.0.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
SlipSlopSlappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 4:08pm
That's interesting. So how would I go about determining which Acuda version is the most similar in hardness level? Is this a good basis for choosing my first tensor?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 6:10pm
www.tabletennisdb.com is a good reference for rubber reviews and characteristics if you haven't tried a rubber yet.

Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2014 at 7:11pm
You indicated that you are wanting to increase the speed and spin of the rubber, so I would recommend upping the speed by trying Donic Acuda S2 or Donic Bluefire M2 as they are not over the top but faster and spinnier than the S3 or M3 choices.
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 3:38am
tensors changed a in newer genration compared to older generations like s3.

if you want to try tensor ...then try something from new generation....

it makes no sense to say i had been using nokia.... now i want to try iphone.... let me start with iphone 2.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 4:37pm
Try Donic Desto F3 or F2.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 5:13pm
why not try the Palio's tensor rubbers?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic