Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted Timo Boll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted Timo Boll
    Posted: 09/18/2014 at 5:49pm
Hi Guys,

After much thinking i think i am going to need a Timo boll.

I have tenergy 05fx 2.1 rubbers both sides.

Don't want a carbon one, a 5ply or 7ply what would you recommend?

Thanks

Phil

Edited by Pbradbury - 09/18/2014 at 7:01pm
Sponsored Links

siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 6:02pm
Hi Phil , Timo Boll Spirit is carbon !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 6:57pm
Ahh sorry is it just called timo ball the regular ones?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 7:56pm
there are timo boll All+, Off-, timo boll forte, TB W5, and TB W7.  All are either 5 or 7 ply wood blades named after Timo Boll.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 9:04pm
I am going to suggest a great blade for you.  It is the Donic Appelgren Allplay.   You can get it with the straight handle you like (quite similar to an old Bengtsson).  An extremely high quality blade, not ridiculously fast, and it will pair well with Tenergy.  I also suggest not using the FX versions of Tenergy for somebody at your level, but that can wait until your current sheets wear out. 

The best Timo Boll blades are the composite versions, the ones with carbon and fiber -- like the Timo Boll Spirit, the Timo Boll ALC, the Timo Boll ZLC, and a bunch of others.  These are very popular and excellent blades.  You don't want carbon, so you don't want those.  They are quite stiff.  People who love all-wood blades say playing with those is like having sex with a condom.  The various all-wood blades with Timo Boll's name on it are not actually very good.  I can't think of any good players who use them.

Donic has a long tradition of making great blades that are not too fast, their blades in the ALL+ and OFF- categories are among the best ever, and among those, the Donic Appelgren Allplay is a classic.  It has great feel a perfect weight distribution, and it will pair pretty well with faster rubbers.  Their blades in that speed category are fantastic.  Butterfly on the other hand are the masters of making blades with composite materials, especially using weaves that mix carbon with various plastic fibers like arylate and zylon.  I personally like that feel a lot, but you probably won't.

Another option are some of the higher end Stiga all-wood blades like the Infinity or the Emerald.  They are faster than the Appelgren, but retain some of that all-wood feel.
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 5:55am
Thankyou Baal for your input!

Finding it so hard to choose a blade- I want an offensive one i think an allround one for me would just not cut it.
I play pendulum serves- varations ofcourse- and 3rd ball loop or 5th ball if they push short. What would you suggest for tenergy 05 fx's? Other than the donic all round, another donic blade?
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 6:42am
Hi,I am joining ball advice.

Appelgreen Allplay is incredible good blade.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 7:25am
For an attacking player though?
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 7:44am
V1 or V2?
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 9:10am
The Timo Boll blades for advanced players are all with carbon, ALC, Arylate spirit, ZLC.
In the past, Stiga was n°1 regarding premium quality blades but the latest Stiga blades are really not worth the money they ask for it (except probably the latest Emerald).

Donic has indeed some very good blades and the "black devil" (carbon with balsa)is a really good blade I think.

Butterfly and Nittaku also have nice all wood blades to play with tenergy :Korbel off, acoustic.... 

Edited by kakapo - 09/19/2014 at 9:15am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 2:12pm
I believe http://ospblades.com/ has a blade for you.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 8:13pm
An all wood blade  I saw at our club that is very nice is the DOnic Persson WC-89.  Great feel, like the Appelgren Allplay, but a lot faster.  Will remind you of the Stiga you used to use but much faster.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Pbradbury Pbradbury wrote:

Thankyou Baal for your input!

Finding it so hard to choose a blade- I want an offensive one i think an allround one for me would just not cut it.
I play pendulum serves- varations ofcourse- and 3rd ball loop or 5th ball if they push short. What would you suggest for tenergy 05 fx's? Other than the donic all round, another donic blade?

Regular Tenergy.  You don't need the FX, especially on the forehand.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic