FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

cpen similar to Zetro Quad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cpen similar to Zetro Quad?
    Posted: 09/22/2014 at 10:27am
I've been using a cpen Zetro Quad for quite a while and really enjoy it, but I'm going to alter my grip and think a thinner and lighter blade would help.
I play RPB and currently curl my fingers completely.  Multiple people better than myself have recommended that I extend my fingers more and that it should help with consistency, power and my BH.  I've tried it a bit before and noticed it makes the BH easier.  I did notice that my fingers cramp up a bit and I'm wondering if it's because the blade is so thick.  Obviously more practice is needed, but I don't want to do any damage.

My game is based around heavy spin mostly close to the table.  I love the spin capability, control and feel of the ZQ and the speed is good.  I don't really want to lose much in the speed department because I don't use overly fast rubbers to begin with (H3 Neo and Spinlord Marder 3).

I find myself drawn to kiso hinoki blades do the touch, feel and spin abilities.

Are there any blades similar in characteristics to the ZQ but a little thinner and ideally lighter (when I bought my ZQ I was told it was 85g)?

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links

hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:11pm
thinner blades tend to have flex and it won't feel the same as thicker blades. try to sand the handle a bit where you place your thumb. This will make RPB more comfortable.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 1:24pm
It's actually my 3 fingers on the back that were cramping.  I'll have to give it another shot this week and see if it still bothers me.  I haven't tried it in a while.
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 1:54pm
it's natural when you change your grip to feel some discomfort. RPB isn't the most natural grip in the world to begin with. I doubt thinner, lighter blade will help much. give it some time and you will be fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic