FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yet Another "Better Than Tenergy" post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet Another "Better Than Tenergy" post
    Posted: 09/27/2014 at 11:53pm
Last Sat I played with the top-rated player at our club.  I was using my Tenergy 05 and 802-40 combination.  I lost 2 matches 3-0 and 3-0.  So today I played him again.  I left my normal racket at the Senior Center Friday so I had to play him with my backup racket.  It has IQUL (40 deg) and 802-40 on the same blade as my main racket.  I won 3 matches against him.

This scientifically proves that IQUL is far superior to Tenergy and should become the standard by which all other rubber is judged.

Some of you might not really agree with me so I will explain in detail why IQUL is so much better than Tenergy.

1. Forget built in speed glue effect.  IQUL has built in spin deception.  Most players are used to playing against Tenergy,  ESN Tensors, or boosted H3's.  When faced with my devastating looking opening loop with IQUL they cringe in terror, raise the racket high in the backswing, close the blade almost to the point of being parallel to the table, and procede to block my loop down into the table about half way to the net.  Some players never can make the adjustment, but with those few who do figure it out all I have to do is switch to hitting the loop without all that extra leg drive, without lightning fast wrist snap, and with just slightly decreased arm speed and they are back to blocking it down into the middle of their side of the table.

Pushes are just as effective.  I come in a little high, push down at a 45 deg angle and snap that wrist forward making the paddle just barely graze the ball.  The return pushes are sweet little popups begging to be killed.  Loops off my long pushes fly off my end of the table right at eye-level.  Heck when I execute a dead push with a heavy spin fake the return usually hits a light fixture above the table.  I thought dead spin was just dead, but with IQUL it is really, really dead.

2.  Anti speed glue sound effect.  Using IQUL is like Sato using his sponge.  Hits are just silent.  No clue as to how you really hit the ball.  Heck I have even had a few players see me swing and just turn away from the table assuming I totally missed the ball since they do not hear that crack of rifle fire they are so used to hearing.  The silence of an IQUL vs IQUL Fh to Fh counterlooping rally is truly frightening.  There is even a rumor that IQUL's creators were big Simon and Garfunkel fans and that it is in part a tribute to their favorite song "Sound of Silence".

3. SSME - Swing Speed Modulation Effect (anti-catapult).  If I swing soft the ball goes slowly,  if I swing hard the balls goes slowly,  if I swing really hard the ball goes slowly.  I just can not seem to hit the ball off the table.

4. VART - Variable Angle of Release Technology -   High throw when you need it, low throw when you want it.  There is no one throw.   It just goes everywhere.  

Note: Some people have argued this is actually a result of my own VART (Variable And Random Technique) but I know this is a great feature of IQUL and has nothing to do with me needing to get in more practice.

5. CEST - Cosmotologist Endorsed Sponge Technology  - Who really wants large pores in their sponges or on their faces?  IQUL has perfect pore size.

So in summary what more could one ask for.  The ad says it all. 

"IQUL with built in Spin Deception Effect, Anti Speed-glue Sound Effect, SSME, VART, and CEST.  The new standard in table tennis performance for the U1700 player.  

Endorsed by mjamja, the 2010 US Open U1500 runner-up and the 2014 Southern Open U1700 and U1850 winner."

Mark

Sponsored Links

alexcsibi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcsibi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:08am
you are an expert buddy!!! what a great read!!!
Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS

FH: Spinart

BH: Stiga Clippa
collins.latag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Last Sat I played with the top-rated player at our club.  I was using my Tenergy 05 and 802-40 combination.  I lost 2 matches 3-0 and 3-0.  So today I played him again.  I left my normal racket at the Senior Center Friday so I had to play him with my backup racket.  It has IQUL (40 deg) and 802-40 on the same blade as my main racket.  I won 3 matches against him.

This scientifically proves that IQUL is far superior to Tenergy and should become the standard by which all other rubber is judged.

Some of you might not really agree with me so I will explain in detail why IQUL is so much better than Tenergy.

1. Forget built in speed glue effect.  IQUL has built in spin deception.  Most players are used to playing against Tenergy,  ESN Tensors, or boosted H3's.  When faced with my devastating looking opening loop with IQUL they cringe in terror, raise the racket high in the backswing, close the blade almost to the point of being parallel to the table, and procede to block my loop down into the table about half way to the net.  Some players never can make the adjustment, but with those few who do figure it out all I have to do is switch to hitting the loop without all that extra leg drive, without lightning fast wrist snap, and with just slightly decreased arm speed and they are back to blocking it down into the middle of their side of the table.

Pushes are just as effective.  I come in a little high, push down at a 45 deg angle and snap that wrist forward making the paddle just barely graze the ball.  The return pushes are sweet little popups begging to be killed.  Loops off my long pushes fly off my end of the table right at eye-level.  Heck when I execute a dead push with a heavy spin fake the return usually hits a light fixture above the table.  I thought dead spin was just dead, but with IQUL it is really, really dead.

2.  Anti speed glue sound effect.  Using IQUL is like Sato using his sponge.  Hits are just silent.  No clue as to how you really hit the ball.  Heck I have even had a few players see me swing and just turn away from the table assuming I totally missed the ball since they do not hear that crack of rifle fire they are so used to hearing.  The silence of an IQUL vs IQUL Fh to Fh counterlooping rally is truly frightening.  There is even a rumor that IQUL's creators were big Simon and Garfunkel fans and that it is in part a tribute to their favorite song "Sound of Silence".

3. SSME - Swing Speed Modulation Effect (anti-catapult).  If I swing soft the ball goes slowly,  if I swing hard the balls goes slowly,  if I swing really hard the ball goes slowly.  I just can not seem to hit the ball off the table.

4. VART - Variable Angle of Release Technology -   High throw when you need it, low throw when you want it.  There is no one throw.   It just goes everywhere.  

Note: Some people have argued this is actually a result of my own VART (Variable And Random Technique) but I know this is a great feature of IQUL and has nothing to do with me needing to get in more practice.

5. CEST - Cosmotologist Endorsed Sponge Technology  - Who really wants large pores in their sponges or on their faces?  IQUL has perfect pore size.

So in summary what more could one ask for.  The ad says it all. 

"IQUL with built in Spin Deception Effect, Anti Speed-glue Sound Effect, SSME, VART, and CEST.  The new standard in table tennis performance for the U1700 player.  

Endorsed by mjamja, the 2010 US Open U1500 runner-up and the 2014 Southern Open U1700 and U1850 winner."

Mark

i'm speechless... :)
PPisLife

Blade:TBS Rubber: Donic
alexcsibi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcsibi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:08am
keep up the great reviews!!!!
Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS

FH: Spinart

BH: Stiga Clippa
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:15am
VART , SSME and CEST have to be the new benchmarks for evaluating rubbers 
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:46am
Preach brother
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 4:00am
In my opinion, there are a lot of parameters for wining your opponent.Some of these are psychological, like...you changed bat and your psychology is better cause you use something different from the usual bat.Another parameter is that maybe your opponent wasn't in his day and he lost so easy.It could be also that YOU could be in good shape at that day!It has happened to me to hit my blade on the table by accident in order to lift a ball with top spin which was sooooo close to the table edge so I damaged my rubber.I couldn't play with that rubber anymore so I had ordered another one and till it comes, I used my second setup which was different blade and different rubbers.I played with a player in my club who I was winning/loosing 50-50% when playing together.I beat him 3-0 and soooo easy...If i remember right the score was 11-2/11-4/11-5.I didn't think a moment that I left tenergy and played with other rubbers and blade and beat him for fun...I just had changed psychology and it was an easy victory.From that day on I was beating him for fun every time I was playing with him and with my basic setup, cause I had a different "air" from the time I beat him so easy for first time!So I believe that everything counts.At last, maybe tenergy don't suit in your playing style and the other rubbers suit you the best. Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 4:38am
Lol! very funny :)

Edited by Tyler45 - 09/28/2014 at 4:39am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 5:05am
What is funny?What I've written or what mjamja write?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 5:33am
Mjamja :) his posts about himself are v funny, you should read his one about being the worlds best tactician
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 6:09am
Cmon TylerTongue It's just his opinion.We should give him understand the right and the mistake!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 6:51am
Haha good Read :)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 7:05am
OmG guys I am so sorry.At first I read the first paragraph so that's why I answered to mjamja.After reading your posts,  I really got curious of what other things he has written.I just finished the whole post and I see things...
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
srale7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srale7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 7:16am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Hahhahahahahaha, niceSmileTongue
Xiom Zetro Quad ST 90g
FH Xiom Omega4 Euro max
BH Xiom Vega Europe max
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 7:46am
Great review! :-) You left out one important factor - Fast Acting Response Technology (FART) as it really propelled my game.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

In my opinion, there are a lot of parameters for wining your opponent.Some of these are psychological, like...you changed bat and your psychology is better cause you use something different from the usual bat.Another parameter is that maybe your opponent wasn't in his day and he lost so easy.It could be also that YOU could be in good shape at that day!It has happened to me to hit my blade on the table by accident in order to lift a ball with top spin which was sooooo close to the table edge so I damaged my rubber.I couldn't play with that rubber anymore so I had ordered another one and till it comes, I used my second setup which was different blade and different rubbers.I played with a player in my club who I was winning/loosing 50-50% when playing together.I beat him 3-0 and soooo easy...If i remember right the score was 11-2/11-4/11-5.I didn't think a moment that I left tenergy and played with other rubbers and blade and beat him for fun...I just had changed psychology and it was an easy victory.From that day on I was beating him for fun every time I was playing with him and with my basic setup, cause I had a different "air" from the time I beat him so easy for first time!So I believe that everything counts.At last, maybe tenergy don't suit in your playing style and the other rubbers suit you the best. Wink

I would also say that there are many different factors that play into whether you win or lose the game. I think the psychological part in table tennis is much more important than your racket setup. A new racket can give you better confidence but remember to put your main focus on the game and not your rubber or blade Wink
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 11:17pm
Lol! Great review. Very persuasive. Smile
Thanks Mark!
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
Greco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 11:43pm
Good review, and for that price it's something i would try.
Do you know where can i buy this rubbers online? No one sells this brand here, and i couldn't find sellers online
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I would also say that there are many different factors that play into whether you win or lose the game. I think the psychological part in table tennis is much more important than your racket setup. A new racket can give you better confidence but remember to put your main focus on the game and not your rubber or blade Wink
I say that in my first sentence but I don't analize it more!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 11:07pm
In truth, I'm just posting to keep this thread alive and add to my massive number of postings. LOL
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 11:19pm
The scientificness of the premise is almost good enough for me... ALMOST
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:07am
Having been a fundamentalist Martinet since 1997, when I first saw the light after years of backsliding and EJing and received Marty Reisman as my personal savior, I am not normally inclined to experimentation with any but the most primitive rubber coverings to my racket (read Leyland).

But....the other day I saw an advertisement in the latest on-line issue of USATT Magazine for intriguing new rubbers from a start-up company calling itself Capitol Table Tennis.  

These foam rubbers, which come in 4 mm., 5 mm., and 6 mm., thickness have been named Simon and Garfunkel, respectively.  They were previously illegal according to ITTF rules which have been in effect since 1959, but if the price is right the ITTF will approve a ham sandwich.

Like the IQUL mjamja uses, they are utterly soundless and totally unpredictable.  Pure Zen.  You don't know where the ball is going, except that it's gonna land on the table somewhere somehow, and neither does your opponent.  The sound of one hand clapping.

Especially useful is the Controlled Response Aerodynamic Feature (CRAP), except it's a lie because nobody knows what's gonna happen once you stroke the 40+ with either Simon or Garfunkel.  You might bust the ball to smithereens.  You might feather a delicate maddening little drop shot just over the net.  You might even send up a lob several hundred feet into the air.

The great thing about Simon and Garfunkel rubbers is that neither you nor your opponent have any control over your game.  Quantum physics at its finest; the way the game should be played.

Edited by berndt_mann - 04/17/2015 at 11:27am
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:27am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

The great thing about Simon and Garfunkel rubbers is that neither you nor your opponent have any control over your game.  Quantum physics at its finest; the way the game should be played.

Agreed. We should all take advantage of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle in our games.
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Agreed. We should all take advantage of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle in our games.
Darn...might have to read this thread: 60's music, quantum physics and TT - new combo!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 4:26pm
(heavyspin)  Agreed. We should all take advantage of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle in our games.

Yeah.  That Heisenberg uncertainty principle is really one great principle, heavy.  It's chaos out there, and has been ever since good old Newtonian physics, which a small but beleaguered band of us still cling to, went belly up sometime during the Truman administration.

But hey, we still have Simon and Garfunkel, first as singer/songwriters and now reincarnated (karma?) as table tennis rubbers.  

"Hello darkness my old friend...."
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:38pm
IQUL ??? full term plz.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 1:09am
IQUL - Inspirit Quattro Ultra Light
Made by Dawei.
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 1:46am
Mjamja thanks for the cute review. But its very persuasive you know!!!
You made me want to try IQUL
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 3:47am
Seriously, IQUL is a really good rubber for the U2000 player. Never have gotten that high so not sure how viable it is for those above 2000. Faster than most Chinese rubbers. Very slight tack left after a few hours breakin. Pretty linear on the speed with maybe a slight extra jump when hit hard. Spin is better than a lot of the 729 rubbers, but is definitely less than T05.

I am trying out Big Dipper right now. I like it a lot, but it is a lot less forgiving than IQUL if you take less than full strokes. T05 is more forgiving than either of them with abbreviated strokes.

Mark
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 12:53pm
Thx
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic