FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bty Zhang Jike Szlc or Mizutani Szlc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Luca abbatiello Luca abbatiello wrote:

Sorry. But it's strange to  me that a extreme blade as Amultart controls better then Acoustic. I played Viscaria and now I play with Acoustic. And I am sure that control in general is better because Acoustic is slightly slower than Viscaria. And Viscaria is more slow than Amultart. It seems strange to me. 

Where did you see from my posts, saying that Amultart has better block or control(as you name it) from acoustic and viscaria???I was saying that amultart has very good control or you can make good blocks, from the most of the OFF+ family of butterfly.Look better what I've written friend!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

Luca abbatiello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 7:45am
I'm sorry. I think Viscaria is off+. Maybe i'm wrong. And you tell that Amultart has better receive serve. 
(My Poor English...sorry)
Luca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 8:04am
Amultart has very good receiving, from the opponent serve, ALSO in comparison with the other OFF+ blades.I don't say that amultart has better receiving than a viscaria.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 8:45am
Ok. Sorry "friend". 
Xiom Vega Europe. Is it nice?
Luca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:52am
I haven't try this rubber at all!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:17pm
Xiom vega Europe blade!
Luca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:01pm
No i haven't played with that yet, it is new blade.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 2:56am
I tried Viscaria old and new tag, boll spirit, Mizutani ZLC, and I play with Mizutani SZLC.

The SZLC gives the better control on blocks for me. It's also the better close or far from the table. The angle throw is medium/low and helps in blocks and receiving services.

But it's right that Viscaria is slower. But my blocks were giving a high ball that go out or give an easy ball to my opponent, and when I close the racket the ball go to the net. I never managed to control a viscaria when blocking, whereas blocking with the Mizu SZLC is natural for me.

If you have already played fast blades and feel able to manage with it, go with the Mizu SZLC.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 7:49am
I'll be honest. the MJ Szlc costs a lot. It is worth spending so much money? many pros play with Viscaria and they block perfectly. for better or for worse, Viscaria, Boll Alc, Maze ecc. are reference points. It changes only the fiber. Same producer, same (+ or -) blade. 
What do you think of the various nittaku basaltec, Acoustic Carbon, soulspin basalt 6, Dhs w997, ecc.? 
It's not worth spending money and try something else? 
Luca
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 8:39am
If you are wandering about money, forget the SZLC. Try the Xiom Vega Pro blade, it's a good choice with almost the same fiber. 99€

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 9:05am
The problem is not the money. But if it's a special blade compared other blades...
Luca
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 9:05am
The thread has transformed to "what blade blocks better?" 
I find Viscaria awful for blocking.
ZLC is better for blocking, I suppose SZLC is even better.
The ultimate blocking machines are thick Carbon(T5000) blades with hinoki-cypress top ply. The old Gergely is the best of all!
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 10:05am
I don't understand what you want really. Yes, different blades as Viscaria, Maze, Mizutani ZLC, Mizutani SZLC, Zhang Jike ZLC or SZLC are different blades. Yes, a Super ZLC is a special blade. I tried Mizutani ZLC and couldn't play with it because it lacks control. Mizutani SZLC is far better in my opinion. Does it worth the money, it depends on you. I own a W997 and a 506 that I paied the same price. They all are special blades. But most players will consider it doesn't worth the extra cost.

The blades played by professionnal players are a good reference but it depends on the player, too. I will never be able to control a Viscaria as Matsudaira is able to do. And don't forget professionnal players play with custom blades that are not the same blade, Viscaria for example, that the Viscaria you will buy for 120$. By the way, some "pro" viscarias can be released by sellers who know professionnal players, and it isn't the same price as the "commercial" version at all.

My feeling is that Mizutani SZLC is the first blade I play that is as good as my other special blades, whereas it's a commercial one. It doesn't mean you will play better with a Mizu SZLC than a commercial blade bought 50$.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 11:04am

I'll be honest. the MJ Szlc costs a lot. It is worth spending so much money? many pros play with Viscaria and they block perfectly. for better or for worse, Viscaria, Boll Alc, Maze ecc. are reference points. It changes only the fiber. Same producer, same (+ or -) blade. 
What do you think of the various nittaku basaltec, Acoustic Carbon, soulspin basalt 6, Dhs w997, ecc.? 
It's not worth spending money and try something else? 

You have to decide.Here in this thread you ask other's opinion about the Zhang Jike SuperZLC vs the Jun Mizutani Super ZLC.Talking later in this thread, I am post of yours you put the viscaria also in the conversation and in other thread you ask opinions abou the nittaku basaltec and DHS W997.Think what is your budget, decide in between which blades you like the most, tell us your playing style...and after all these, we will help you by telling you our opinion which suits you the best!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Only you because you are used to play with rockets.(I know that cause I've seen you from close)
For every other person who have tried it, find it the best.It is one of the butterfly's best sellers nowadays, as Timo Boll ALC is, not from luck!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 12:05pm

The biggest bang for the buck to me is Donic Power Carbon. Light, carbon fleese, very fast with 1Q, S1, T64, great handles and cost is $65 bucks. Nice touch around the table. Also some of the new Xiom blades and DHS. $379 bucks for a blade! Forget that noise, yes BTY blades in the Upper end are fine but way over priced.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Only you because you are used to play with rockets.(I know that cause I've seen you from close)
For every other person who have tried it, find it the best.It is one of the butterfly's best sellers nowadays, as Timo Boll ALC is, not from luck!

I'm agree with Stavros. I hate Viscaria for blocking. I think it's the worse blade I tried for that. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

I'm agree with Stavros. I hate Viscaria for blocking. I think it's the worse blade I tried for that. 

I am talking about the majority of the people man! I was not talking personally about Stavros or you.Best sellers are made by the players(buyers), I don't say something from my mind.Viscaria has a lot of fans around the world.Remember, I don't dissagree that tamca 5000 blades make perfect blocks (I am using one as main blade), but viscaria has great block too such as TB ALC.

Edited by *_strataras_* - 10/08/2014 at 2:26pm
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

yes BTY blades in the Upper end are fine but way over priced.

+100
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 3:01pm
I'm sorry for my confusion. It's not a budget problem. I have a lot of blades (60!) and i search ultimate blade. But a W997 and a 506 (i have both) don't cost much. I played innerforce zlc and i like it. I tried Mizutani zlc and i don't like as Innerforce. I like Viscaria. But if I spent 350 euro for a blade, I hope that I like it as much as Innerforce. I read that Zhang Jike super Zlc is faster than Mizutani and I prefer surely JM Szlc. In addition, I asked some information about Dhs, Nittaku, Xiom because i'm curious about Nittaku basalt fibers, Dhs arylate, and Xiom fibers, and i try to understand the differences. Stop. 
Luca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 3:30pm
Then go for a Jun Mizutani super ZLC.stop.

In addition too many irrelevant posts for this thread, so it seems pontless to continue the irrelevant posts.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:02pm

Then go for a Jun Mizutani super ZLC.stop.

In addition too many irrelevant posts for this thread, so it seems pontless to continue the irrelevant posts.

+1 This is why I stopped reading this thread because the OP asks way too many questions irrelevant to the original topic, ZJK SZLC vs. MJ SZLC.  The OP should state what he is looking for, budget, wants and fears in the opening paragraph.  Not randomly throw out different blades with way different characteristics later on as people have given their opinions on the original topic.  Not only does this create even more confusion for the OP who is suddenly now open to even more choices and opinions, but also waste a heck lot of time of the readers/commenters.  

Recommendation: stop reading people's opinions, just buy it and try it out yourself.  If you don't like it, sell it.  That way, you'll know first hand what it is that you like/dislike about a specific blade, instead of naming different blades from different brands in order to try to find some similarities.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 7:10pm
Sorry. 
but I think that the forum also exists for exchanging opinions and experiences.
my mistake was I wrong about the title. 
I thank those who have had the patience and are pleased to help. 
the intervention concerning the recommendation is meaningless: If 100 people agree that a blade is good, then I follow the advice...I don't want to believe that blade is poor. at that point I'm completely ignorant...
Luca
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 7:33pm

If 100 people agree that a blade is good, then I follow the advice

I like this system. You should follow this '100 people' rule for all your shopping (if you don't do it already).

You know, like when you're out shopping at a clothes store, wine store, hardware store, etc. Even at home, don't buy anything on Amazon that does not have at least a 100 positive reviews...
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 7:35pm

Sorry. 
but I think that the forum also exists for exchanging opinions and experiences.
my mistake was I wrong about the title. 
I thank those who have had the patience and are pleased to help. 
the intervention concerning the recommendation is meaningless: If 100 people agree that a blade is good, then I follow the advice...I don't want to believe that blade is poor. at that point I'm completely ignorant...

Good luck on finding even 30 people who use MJ SZLC or ZJK SZLC.  I use MJ SZLC, so that leaves you with another 99 to find.
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 7:58pm
don't think you can go wrong with MJ SZLC. Go for it.. it's worth it
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 4:56am
After playing it with more than 3 weeks, mizutani szlc beats Zjk szlc in all aspects:)
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 6:13am

I'm sorry for my confusion. It's not a budget problem. I have a lot of blades (60!) and i search ultimate blade. But a W997 and a 506 (i have both) don't cost much. I played innerforce zlc and i like it. I tried Mizutani zlc and i don't like as Innerforce. I like Viscaria. But if I spent 350 euro for a blade, I hope that I like it as much as Innerforce. I read that Zhang Jike super Zlc is faster than Mizutani and I prefer surely JM Szlc. In addition, I asked some information about Dhs, Nittaku, Xiom because i'm curious about Nittaku basalt fibers, Dhs arylate, and Xiom fibers, and i try to understand the differences. Stop. 

Don't worry about it. When you spend 350eur(?!) on a blade, you'll love it, no matter you like it or not.

If you want something special or unique, avoid hybrids and choose a handmade blade instead (from Palatinus, Ross Leidy, Borko, TT Manufaktur, Nebula blades, etc.) or a blade from Darker or Soulspin sortiment.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Smash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 3:59pm
It seems like the big attraction and selling point of these SZLC blades is an increased "sweet spot".

So - Is it true that these SZLC have the largest "sweet spot" of any blade ever produced?

Can the handmade blades that were mentioned be as good or better in this area? 
[alatinus, Ross Leidy, Borko, TT Manufaktur, Nebula blades, etc.) or a blade from Darker or Soulspin sortiment.] ??

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Don't worry about it. When you spend 350eur(?!) on a blade, you'll love it, no matter you like it or not.

If you want something special or unique, avoid hybrids and choose a handmade blade instead (from Palatinus, Ross Leidy, Borko, TT Manufaktur, Nebula blades, etc.) or a blade from Darker or Soulspin sortiment.

XIOM Hayabusa Zxi - Joola Zhyzm - Joola Zhyzm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 5:14pm
Apart from being made in Japan, what in common have Acoustic and JM SZLC (hint - read the initial post)?

Then, he asked for the unique and for the ultimate blade. The most unique are those mentioned above. Ultimate in price JM SZLC sure is, right after Resoud.

Regarding sweet spot, its importance is in opposite proportion to player's skills. So, practice, practice and practice.

As for handmade blades mentioned above, OSP/Palatinus Martin Off Pro has a big enough sweet spot (with walnut outer, I suppose Musko, too). Beside, many serious, even some pro players are using these two and their other/custom blades. So, they may be called both the ultimate and unique blades, right? For only 1/3 of the price of JM SZLC with that ugly logo, you can get your own fully customized, high quality hand made blade, along with the great service. And certainly no weird shipping overseas policy (t)here.

Edited by Ray - 10/11/2014 at 5:18pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic