Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Stiga Hypertech

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Stiga Hypertech
    Posted: 10/07/2014 at 12:10pm

I have a Stiga Hypertech in my collection. It is marked 45deg hardness on FH side and nothing is marked on BH side which should be 35deg hardness.

The weirdness starts with the FH side marked 45deg is slower than the unmarked BH side. Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 2,0 both sides.

Is there a possibility they screwed up and had the blade reversed when applying the UV treatment?

When the blade was new I sealed it. Would that effect the UV treatment?

This is a nice light blade for looping and has nice speed. What do you think guys?

Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 3:00pm
Is there a chance for the rubber not to be right glued?I don't say that you haven't glued it right, but bad things happen from time to time!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Is there a chance for the rubber not to be right glued?I don't say that you haven't glued it right, but bad things happen from time to time!

I don't believe so stratares, I have glued other rubbers on that blade and had the same result of FH side 45deg hardness being slower than the 35deg side. I have a strict method for gluing and never have a problem.

I think they messed up at the factory.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 12:03am
It's basically a thicker Stiga Allround with varnished surface, so it's not that fast.

However, I can't feel the difference between 45° and 35° surfaces.  They have the same feel and same speed (using the same rubbers).

In your case, either the factory messed up, or the type of wood is softer on the FH side.  So even though it is labeled 45°, it's slower.  Probably.  I am only guessing.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I don't believe so stratares, I have glued other rubbers on that blade and had the same result of FH side 45deg hardness being slower than the 35deg side. I have a strict method for gluing and never have a problem.

I think they messed up at the factory.

Apparently Ouch
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 8:02am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

It's basically a thicker Stiga Allround with varnished surface, so it's not that fast.

However, I can't feel the difference between 45° and 35° surfaces.  They have the same feel and same speed (using the same rubbers).

In your case, either the factory messed up, or the type of wood is softer on the FH side.  So even though it is labeled 45°, it's slower.  Probably.  I am only guessing.

Thank you.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic