Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dream FH for me ATM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream FH for me ATM
    Posted: 10/19/2014 at 5:12pm
I have found my dream FH combo ri now. and will probably stick with it since I am spending most of my money on coaching instead of EJing.

the setup is:

Yinhe T11+ Yinhe Sun(not sure about the hardness, but feels pretty hard with the sponge).

It didn't improve my FH as no equipment can bring your level up, it's all about fundamental and techniques.

But holly molly, the FH feel WAS heaven. Medium-high throw like euro rubbers, but the sponge is pretty firm, so power shot doesn't feel the sponge bottom out easily like some euro rubbers, really good on serving compared to most euro rubbers i have tried. GREAT GREAT CONTROL, as I can place the ball to anywhere I want more easily. Not sure on lifting heavy back spins as i am still learning the techniques, but definitely good for moderate amount of backspin.

Haven't tested Sun on other blade yet, but so far, the touch and feel of the Yinhe Combo is really great to my surprise.

I wonder if any people have the same experience as I? :P
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 9:34pm
Avoid looking too seriously to other people to validate how you feel about a rubber. When you practice and play with it, there is more than enough feedback. That said, I practice a lot now using Chinese rubber on the forehand (Yinhe Big Dipper) and I really like it. The problems with Chinese rubbers show up on passive strokes depending on your style. So the rubber places greater demands on my footwork which I embrace in training. In a match, I revert to my Tenergy.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 10:00pm
What is wrong with their passive stroke? I suppose that is bad for higher level players?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

What is wrong with their passive stroke? I suppose that is bad for higher level players?

Not, it's not bad at all if you choose to do it and control it.   The problem is when you can't get to the ball on time and you are forced to block or do a short stroke to keep the ball in play.  If you block with European rubbers, there is automatic catapult.  If you block with Chinese rubber, you have to add some power or the ball will just die or if it has a lot of spin, it will react with your sponge and go where you don't like.  

The advantage is when you want to block the ball short or do short pushes.  The Chinese rubber, because of its lack of catapult, will make it easier to drop the ball short.  For Euro rubbers, you need to work against the catapult by going extra soft with your grip.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic