FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ideal Rubbers for Butterfly Amultart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideal Rubbers for Butterfly Amultart
    Posted: 10/29/2014 at 1:01pm
With all these new rubbers out on the market since Butterfly Amultart was introduced (2009 I believe), which ones play very well on this blade?? As a matter of fact is anyone using this blade as their main setup or are they mostly relegated to collectors now as items of Table Tennis curiosity??

Over the years I somehow acquired three of them. I sold one a few years back and put away the other two which I forgot about. Came across them again after doing some spring cleaning and took out one to try and have some fun with.

I need some rubbers to use with this blade but I really would like to pair it to complimentary rubbers!! Some advice would be greatly appreciated!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 1:09pm
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 2:50pm
Carryboy, I have this blade as my second setup.I have a national skyline TG3 Neo on fh and because it is a really fast blade, I decided to put a tibhar aurus sound which is really soft and slow in comparison with tenergies.I have put tenergies once, but it was a rocket.No balls inside :P I dont know your level my friend to advise you about rubbers.Softer rubbers play better on this blade, but when I tried the tenergies i tried it with 05...It was a really nice racket but too fast for me.Also don't forget to choose 1,9mm sponge cause it will be fast as rocket.I like the aurus soft on this blade, I like skyline;but I have not tried the evolution FX-P cause I have it on 2,1mm, but I hink it would be great rubber on it.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 3:08pm
Thanks, I was thinking the same rubber Aurus Soft Forehand and maybe Donic Coppa X3 silver Backhand. However Aurus Soft will be a definite candidate. I played a couple of months with this rubber when it first came out and I remember liking it very much. I have a cut JP01 Max on the forehand right now and as you say it is really fast.

I was thinking of Bluefire M2, but if JP01 is this fast on the M2 would me insane.

Edited by Carryboy - 10/29/2014 at 3:12pm
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 3:15pm
Never played with Tibhar FX-P but it does sound interesting. I will go read up some reviews on this rubber again.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 3:22pm
Hi Carryboy,
I see you playwith Li Ping blade.

will you share with us the composition of wood plies and thickness.

how fast is li ping compared to amultart?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 4:25pm
Donic Li Ping Kitex Blade
Kiso Hinoki - Ayous - Texalium - Kiri - Texalium - Ayous - Kiso Hinoki
150mm wide x 155 mm high x 6.75mm thick
Surface Feel Medium Plus
Elasticity Stiff
Blade Speed Off
Country of Manufacture China

Excellent Offensive Blade with good feel and power. Just about medium throw. In comparison to Amultart it has more feel for the ball, not as fast using the same rubber (Bluefire JP 02 in this case). I would have to setup the Amultart from scratch (new rubber) and about a week to give you an in depth comparison. However with the old used rubbers I threw on it and about 45 minutes worth of playing the Amultart seems to have a few gears and would seem to loop very well.

I use two blades full time which is the Li Ping and the Donic Waldner Legend. The Legend I have been using now for the last three weeks with the same rubbers as my signature. My review of this blade with comparisons to the Li Ping can be found in this discussion thread http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51570&title=donic-waldner-legend-carbon

Edited by Carryboy - 10/29/2014 at 4:37pm
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 4:47pm
Just put on tenergy 64 max but speed glue it and boost it 😜
jaja31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaja31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2023 at 3:46am
Amultart 88g
T05 2.1mm - it is not so fast, it is quite demanding at mid distance. Great spin on Hinoki, chop is difficult (too bouncy) and smash is OK. Counter is OK but need adjustments and training. 
Tibhar K3 max : good grip, low throw angle compared to T05, more gears, since chop, smash, and counter are easy. Fly a bit long compared to T05.Durability is short. After 1 month, the ball flies a bit more than fresh rubber. 
Stiga DNA platinum XH max : very hard feeling, good rubber for doing anything... it is a step forward ; Works even better for backhand, with smash and active blocks. 
D05 2.1 : it is too fast, uncontrollable, the ball is flying.
D09C 2.1 : hard, like DNA XH, lots of gears (spin, smash, chop, push, counter, mid Dist), but a bit slow, quite demanding physically, but if you can play without breaking your shoulder, then it is a good choice
D09C 1.9 : also a good choice, but difficult to block. Ball breaks easily ... Push is easy.
Victas V>20 max : excellent, like K3. Smash, counter, chop are OK. A bit too fast maybe. Durability is short, like K3. After 1 month, the ball flies a bit more than fresh rubber. 
Victas V>22 max : not so good, it pairs better on TB ALC. Smash are difficult. Slower than V20, faster than T05. This is for Amultart. Durability is short, like K3. After 1 month, the ball flies a bit more than fresh rubber. 
T05H 1.9 : extremely fast, for smash mainly, and the ball usually breaks in two parts before reaching the opponent, or the wall. 
T05 1.9 : very bad, lack of everything, spin, feeling, etc... rrrr 
D05 1.9 : not bad, good smash, good spin, I think this is not bad. But counter and blocks are tricky. It is better to go for max thickness to get better blocks, but speed is too high. 
Cornilleau X51 max: pair very well, like K3. Good spin, smash, chop, many gears. 
T19 2.1 : not bad, but feeling is hard compared to T05 2.1. Block is better. Speed is lower. IT is an interesting alternative or smooth adaptation of T05. In competition, sometimes slower and safer is better. 
T25 2.1: hard feeling, not so grippy, but good for block, counter, smash. A bit heavy. Better feeling with K3. But T23/T05 was used by Niwa Koki ... so it is good to try. 
Andro R53 2.0: good also, smash, spin, chop, counter, a bit fast maybe, but many gears. 
Andro R50 2.0: maybe I got a defective rubber, the feeling was super bad. Sorry. 
Andro R47 2.0 : very fast, spinny, but too difficult for block. 
Andro R37 2.0 : the rubber for training : you can safely block anything. Very slow, very good control. 
That is almost all ... I came back to T05 2.1 on both sides, I feel it is just perfect. Destructive backhands and forehand, a bt tricky for short pushes but doable with training. 

Edited by jaja31 - 01/01/2024 at 11:50pm
Amultart 88g - T05 2.1 - T05 2.1
Tokyo, League Division 2. Playing for more than 40 years
PopeyeSpinEdge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PopeyeSpinEdge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2024 at 9:08pm

Stiga DNA PRO H Max: This was my favorite FH until they discontinued its production. Good loop control at table, touch, flatter counters were great at a distance. Very well rounded. Not great for sidespin. The pro series had better grip than the platinum. Occasionally as they would wear out I would add one layer of falco booster and this thing hit rockets.

Stiga DNA Platinum M Max: Felt slow, no grip, removed it after like 2 days

Stiga DNA Dragon Grip: This rubber took about a month to break in.  High throw. Great for brushing forehand loops, spinny pushes, good short game. Coach said it felt better than his H3 national on this set up. Not the best for blocking spinny balls/ countering. Not for flat hitting.

Tibhar MX-S max: This is the reason I stuck with this blade- this is my backhand rubber. Great grip, flicks, looping underspin, blocks, spinny pushes. Cons: heavy rubber, continuous drives can be difficult to master.

Tibhar MX-S 1.9: Don’t waste your time; slightly better control but when it would engage the blade I would get random balls that would fly too far, no spin. Couldn’t flick with it. Had to be way more precise… might be okay for training.

Tibhar MX-P Max: Tried on the BH. Great for continuous attacking and aggressive blocking. Slippery top sheet is not good for flicks. Too bouncy in the short game.

Tibhar MX-D Max: I think I got a bad sheet. It felt like a brick. It felt *nothing* like MX-S or MX-P. Maybe the factory tuner wore off before getting to me. Unable to loop backspin, forehand drives were so insanely fast that I would miss the table by a long shot unless I was backed up. The only shot this rubber is good for was the counter. Everything else sucked.

Andro R50 Max: Probably one of the best non-hybrid FH rubbers if you like to loop and brush the ball continuously, good touch, Random blocks would grip too much and unable to control, not for flat hitting.

Andro V47 Max: This is the bounciest rubber that I tried. Difficult to control in the short game. Couldn’t block with it properly, lots of balls went long. I tried it mainly on the BH. Decent grip for flicks. The few times I tried it on the FH it felt okay.

Donic Bluestar A1:  This was an interesting rubber. Easy to loop. Easy to flat hit. Great touch, easy FH flick. Coach liked this on the FH when he tried it. I noticed that I had to either Loop the ball or flat hit the ball. There was no in between. Was unable to hit continuous forehand drive effectively--- I had to keep looping or switch to a flat hit. Random blocks would grip more than expected and go long.

Joola Dynaryz ZGX- Purple sponge looks nice. Had a break in period. Rubber was a lot like r50 with better control and better short game; I had to loop with it- could loop to wide angles with precision. Forehand flick was nice. It just felt slower. Block was somewhat weak, counter wasn’t great, unable to flat hit.

Victas V20 Max: Felt a little slower and less dynamic than Dynzryz ZGX but very similar. This one was slighly better for blocking and flat hitting.

Yasaka Rakza X: Tried on the BH, extremely well rounded rubber but not great with hinoki; I think I liked it better on the viscaria, the only problem I had was the lack of grip on flicks. This is a nice BH rubber on the BH of vis if you don’t care about the grip; blocks are great, counters easy, topspin easy etc.

Yasaka Rakza XX: Another rubber that is awesome on the viscaria but not so good on the Amultart. I remember it being too soft with the hinoki for FH. Balls landed short and it didn’t feel right.  Not as grippy as the hybrids, but the blocks and counters were much better; easy to loop with on the vis. 

Mizuno Q Power:

This is my current forehand rubber. It's fast, it took a little getting used to. Can loop or fast attack- loop drive backspin easily. More spin than the ESN rubbers. This is not as tacky as hybrid rubbers, but very close to the spin level. The main advantage over the hybrids, you can block, counter, and flat hit with this rubber. So far the only downside is the short game is a little bouncy/spin sensitive but if been FH flicking and that seems to solve it.

shivam34az View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shivam34az Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2024 at 5:15am

Donic Bluestar A1:  This was an interesting rubber. Easy to loop. Easy to flat hit. Great touch, easy FH flick. Coach liked this on the FH when he tried it. I noticed that I had to either Loop the ball or flat hit the ball. There was no in between. Was unable to hit continuous forehand drive effectively--- I had to keep looping or switch to a flat hit. Random blocks would grip more than expected and go long.Joola Dynaryz ZGX- Purple sponge looks nice. Had a break in period. Rubber was a lot like r50 with better control and better short game; I had to loop with it- could loop to wide angles with precision. Forehand flick was nice. It just felt slower. Block was somewhat weak, counter wasn’t great, unable to flat hit.

Edited by shivam34az - 01/25/2024 at 6:24am
jaja31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaja31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2024 at 7:10pm
I tried Mizuno Q power 2.1 black yesterday on Amultart 87g. It is super heavy rubber, with throw angle quite low, like T64. I used on BH, it was stable, with good blocks and excellent counter. But it lacks of speed, and it is demanding to spin undercut balls. With some adjustments due to high speed, T05 is far better on BH and FH, because of the ball is drawing a nice arc over the net. 
Amultart 87g + T05 2.1 r + T05 2.1 b = 177g. 
Amultart 87g + T05 2.1 r + Q power 2.1 b = 187g
Therefore Q power is really super heavy and hard. T05 is about 44g~45g usually. 
So I will be direct : I cannot see any benefit with this Mizuno Q power rubber, except the price. But as it is heavy and not so fast, it is really demanding when we need power. I will say that compared to D09C, which is also slow and demanding to get power, the D09C 2.1 is about 49g and the throw angle is high, like T05. So in case people cannot succeed in counter with T05, they can use D09C to improve. But D09C will also improve short game, push, chop, blocks etc.... but it is demanding in term of power. So it can affect your shoulder. And Q power even more demanding ! I will say that if you are looking for a stable blocking/counter machine on BH, the Q power is OK. For blockers, which is a good strategy, Q power with low throw angle is really excellent. But not for looping or high speed game. Sorry, it is maybe a little bit restrictive, but I was not impressed at all by this rubber. 
If someone wants something higher speed that D09C, as hard as Q power, with a good feeling when gripping the ball almost like T05, then I might recommend Tibhar MK Pro version, purple sponge even the arc is not as high as D09C or T05, but higher than Q power. 

jaja31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaja31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2024 at 7:16pm
I tried bluestar A1 on amultart, and clearly it is too much random play. First, it is super fast. The ball is flying long, FH or BH, same. Counter, smash, block, push, spin, you can succeed super shots, once, twice etc... but not regularly. That is problem of this rubber. It can be fantastic, but it needs huge training to understand how to use it. Personally, I cannot rely on this rubber for game plays, because at 10/10, you need to be sure that the ball will land on the table. So to me, when a rubber is leading to flying balls, mentally speaking, I am not confident to play with. So I prefer to go back to fundamentals, with high arc ball landing on the table, rather than low arc and long trajectory. 
I also tried A1 on TB ALC, but again, it did not pair well. Maybe it can pair with Cybershape because it might have been designed for this blade. I am not sure. Anyway, on thick Hinoki top wood or koto, this rubber was flying too much. 
PopeyeSpinEdge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PopeyeSpinEdge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2024 at 9:32pm
Hey Jaja31,

Sorry you didn't like it. I'm still using the Q Power on my FH-Red max. I forgot to say that most of my style is counter attacking, but I can get some insane spin on my FH loop open ups against backspin when I brush properly. I think the rubber is crazy fast esp when the carbon is engaged. Far from the table I can still shoot way long if I take a decent swing. 

I do not like Q-Power on the backhand at all. I wouldn't advise anyone to use it on the BH. 

I recently tried the Q-Quality max black on my BH and it feels a lot more like T05. Nice Arc, higher throw, easy to hit when out of position etc. Bouncy, way less gears than Q-Power, but more than TO5. Not as heavy as Q-P. Really small wrist movement produces a fast spinny ball. 

Q quality is 46 degrees. If your style is close to the table attack and you rely on the catapult when out of position this rubber may be worth a try. 

Amult 89.0g+ QP and QQ is at 192.g 

...I'm used to MXS max(heavy) plus a harder FH rubber so I'm used to a heavier set up. 

Edited by PopeyeSpinEdge - 02/03/2024 at 9:49pm
jaja31 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaja31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2024 at 6:53pm
Hello PopeyeSpinEdge
Q power is super heavy, 52g, it is (as you wrote) designed for counter, mainly on FH. OK. 
Q Quality : I never tried. It seems like T05 hardness. But I tried many other rubbers in 46 hardness range, and the feeling on hinoki was not as good as T05. 

Niwa Koki played with Amultart, T25 on FH and T05 on BH. 

The top hinoki wood is working well with TEnergy rubbers, the feeling is just amazing. I tried many other alternatives, they all have pros and cons, but I came back to T05 both sides, and the more I play, the more I discover some crazy hidden shots from this combinaison, like side spins FH or BH, destructive smash on FH counter, chop block on BH, super spiny serves, and destructive BH spins. What else ! 

Mizuno rubbers are good quality, for sure, and less expensive than butterfly. There are many alternatives to T05, but Amultart is not like other blades with koto or limba top wood, which are both more "flexible" to adapt to other rubbers. Hinoki instead is mostly fitting with TEnergy. Dignics 09C 2.1 (48g) is working well, but it is demanding physically like Q power (52g) or DNA platinum XH (50g). D05, D80 and D64 are flying too long. 

Amultart 86g + T05 2.1 + T05 2.1 = 181g 
Do you have a green mark on the handle of your Amultart ? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic