Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New JO shape blades @ TT11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New JO shape blades @ TT11
    Posted: 10/31/2014 at 12:06am
Tabletennis11 has recently started carrying both the DONIC Waldner Senso V1 and the DONIC Waldner Allplay, both with the special egg-like signature JO shape.

I've been using the DICON, but it's surprisingly stiff compared to my other thin, 5 ply wood blades. I've always been a user of flexible blades, and sometimes the DICON feels kind of uncomfortable for me to play with, like the wood doesn't want to be friends the ball.

I've stayed away from the WSC JO shape because I rarely buy blades above $50. Arguably I can probably play as well with any blade given enough time, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with something more flexible than the new DICON (and happier that I have a new blade to play with Wink)

Thus, I was excited when I saw these two blades when browsing TT11. I don't know, maybe I'll buy one or the other, maybe I'll buy both! haha. But I do know that I'll most likely be making a purchase within the next month Tongue

Happy hitting from Portland OR!
Sponsored Links

arroyo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 3:17am
I recently purchased a Waldner Senso Carbon JO shape from TT11. Compared to my non-Senso Appelgren Allplay, I like the narrower wings of the JO shape. It's much more comfortable for me. I might sand down the wings on my Appelgren to match the WSC's taper.

Not sure I like the way the Senso handle gives the blade a head heavy balance, but I can always add a little lead in the open end of the handle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic