FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

honey on rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:51pm
Ive seen a few bats with double sided sticky tape on the rubber
one man asked if that was ok,? I said turn around and i used the bat to take lint off his clothing
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 6:59pm
When I was younger, I would put orange juice on rubbers to make them look good and feel sticky just before I sold them to noobs at the club. A few shots down the line they realised their mistake, but by then I was laughing all the way to the bank.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2014 at 12:22am

I didn't know table tennis enthusiasts could be this so funny.. anyways, I discovered lately how to make old inverted rubbers grippy.. though I'm trying to recall the old process I've done which was a lot better but can't quite get back through it.

You're 6 months old Tenergy or whatever you may have (applies to most european/japanese none tacky rubbers, I haven't tried it on a tacky chinese rubbers yet), would be so grippy and at least as grippy as you've just opened an unused rubber off it's packaging. The first process I've tried though would even make your rubber way a lot grippier than a new topsheet, you couldn't move your clean nails a 100th of a millimeter off the surface.

Due to it's grip, your rubber would become so controllable, not only spinier but also grippier, and your spin would catapult off the grip of the rubber rather than the bounce off the sponge.

Too bad I can not mention the process here as this rubber giants might hunt me if I post this in forums. I hope none of them stumbles upon this thread, LOL.. I do appreciate though these companies efforts in giving us their utmost technology in providing us quality equipments in the sports.. :D

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 11/14/2014 at 12:39am
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
boliao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2014 at 12:47am
This is one for the mythbusters Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2014 at 1:32am
Originally posted by boliao boliao wrote:

This is one for the mythbusters Wink

lol.. Censored
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2014 at 5:57am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Yes... Let's ruin the ball, the table, your hands... And then have fun later cleaning up the sticky mess.

On the other note... Does he want ants?... Cause that's how you get ants...

On a serious note, honey (raw honey) does not age, it won't absorb into the top sheet unlike various oils. The stupidity is mind boggling...

Haha good post, I also feel that it must ruin all of the equipment, must be really sticky.. 
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 12:35am
pls don't. not tournament legal.

i once played an "1800" who didn't compete in USATT. just lily yip said he's 1800. turned out he put wax or the like on his backhand and something sticky on JUST the other area of his forehand. so when i started playing him, i kept getting knuckle balled and had a really tough time. after 0-2, i asked to inspect his racket. he just tried to briefly flash it fh and bh side but i saw there were some strange substances on them. the rest i figured out by watching his contact pt and the ball's reaction. after that i just lobbed him down since his racket was unpredictable for himself as well, i won the next 3 in a row by forcing errors. that was a nightmare to play at first though.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 3:22am
Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

i've seen some guys use cooking oil on the topsheet too (they said when it dries out, it very sticky). I'm not really sure about that but OMG...what the world become into? Question

is it because Butterfly rubbers are too expensive nowaday? LOL LOL

Some cooking oils will rejuvenate old rubber, not back to new, but good enough for robot practice and club play. I rejuvenated some old unplayable Juic rubber, sitting on the shelf from the regluing era, with vegetable oil and beat a guy playing with brand new Tenergy at club. The vegetable oil does not expand the sponge or topsheet. I first removed the old glue layers using the vegetable oil. Beware, it probably depends on the type of rubber and sponge if it will work.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 11/25/2014 at 3:28am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 11:32pm
Lem oil for fine woods.. you can use it on both sponge & rubber. Plus I find it also a good preservative of your blades outer plies.. I use it on my aged Rosewood blade to prevent from brittling edges.. got it from Orchard Supplies.

Awesome!

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 11/25/2014 at 11:41pm
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic