Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Violence in Table Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

Wow that was sick!Give him a Minium fine for 45.000 dollars .....

"No monthly allowance for you!"   

Edited by DreiZ - 11/20/2014 at 12:31pm
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 1:08pm
Have to give the umpire credit for his restraint, he is a bigger kid than that player.
skip3119
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Have to give the umpire credit for his restraint, he is a bigger kid than that player.

+1  The umpire showed more control than many adults would have in similar circumstances.  Maybe he should be the one getting some recognition/credit for his restraint!
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

+1  The umpire showed more control than many adults would have in similar circumstances.  Maybe he should be the one getting some recognition/credit for his restraint!

Yeah if he wanted, the umpire could have destroyed the player. I don't know who deserves more recognition- the big guy for his restraint, or the little guy pushing him over knowing full well he could get wrecked. Maybe his dad is in the Russian mafia or something, and knew nobody was gonna mess. 
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 7:05pm
"Kalashnikov" says a lot!!! Star
connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 8:22pm
FOX NEWS CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ckdpCS-JU

Edited by connor - 11/20/2014 at 8:24pm
connor
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by connor connor wrote:

FOX NEWS CHANNEL

nvm, works now... my browser is acting up... surprised it made it to FOX lol

Edited by DreiZ - 11/20/2014 at 8:30pm
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

Well, yellow and red card notwithstanding, you just don't do that. Any smarter, he would have waited and took the guy around the corner and gave him some beating, LOL. Jk, but seriously though, I don't think it's justified no matter what the referee did Unhappy

A reaction without an action is confusing. Strataras brought to our attention clues about the action. That way we can see that the boy is badly behaved, but not inexplicably insane.

Right.  Note also that he slapped/shook hands with his opponent first.  Further, he wasn't throwing a tantrum.  He was actually unusually cool.  Please note that it wasn't as though his intent was to beat up the umpire.  He didn't try to punch him or fight him once he'd pushed him down.  And further still, he was quite cool when the umpire retaliated by slapping his paddle away.  He seemed prepared for a fight, but didn't invite one further or up the ante after the umpire retaliated.  It was as though the kid felt he'd made his point and the matter was over.  To me, this looked like a very calculated action for which the kid felt calculatingly justified - and I find that interesting. 

Of course the kid should be punished.  And if his actions after the shove are any indication, my bet is that he probably won't be complaining a lot about whatever that punishment turns out to be.  

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 9:16pm

FOX NEWS CHANNEL
Is there a worse television news channel anywhere in the universe than Fox?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

FOX NEWS CHANNEL

No.  This has been another episode of short answers to simple questions. 

Edit.  Given the moronic commenter at the end of the clip trying to be funny about "ping pong" as the name of the sport, I ask in the same vein what does Fox sound like?  But hey Tassie, the guy that started it all is one of yours.  You need to take responsibility.  Isn't there some way a Tasmanian devil could be smuggled into his hotel room or something?
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 10:18pm
Most channels are worse or complicit.

Who knows what the kids reasons were for pushing the umpire.
I don't think he realized the umpire would go down so easy.
Maybe he caused the incident somehow.

Unless we see the whole match we will never know.

Still no reason for it to happen, but thats kids.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 10:53pm
This also made the Jim Rome show today. Here is his commentary.

"I want this ping pong player to check himself before he wrecks himself. Easy nerd, it's ping pong not karate. Just because you can school your cousins on Thanksgiving does not make you the John McEnroe of table tennis. Get in your mom's basement or hit the bricks." 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

FOX NEWS CHANNEL
================================

It made news here too:

skip3119
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 12:42am
How about the amazing touch exhibited by the winner? 
Is that Vlad Samsonov Jr. by any chance?Smile

Edited by heavyspin - 11/21/2014 at 12:42am
connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:10am
Just type Dmitry Melnichenko (the loser) at Google and this event is all around the world.
connor
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:46am
When this was first released, I immediately sent it to a popular sports blog that I have a contact email for the main writers of. Since they posted it, it started spreading like wildfire to other sports blogs and even made it to ESPN today.

doing big things
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 2:17am
Is the full match video available somewhere? 

skip3119
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 2:29am
Guess what just turned up as the last item on tonight's news? Again without any sensible commentary.   
connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 3:13am
What is the sanction(s) (ITTF rule) when players push an umpire or when Zhang Jike was breaking barriers (at the Men's World Cup) after the match is completed?
connor
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 7:11am
i had a friend who "touch" the feet of a football referee with his football boot (with aluminium studs)

he received a 3 years ban by the belgium football FA...

it is really funny (?) but in france a lot of people find that it is no big deal (!)
(of course, zidane is a national hero there... ;-) )

maybe the ref will be suspended for throwing the bat on the floor...

poor little kid he couldn't resist to the pressure... (but yellow + red + 3 - 0 where is the pressure?)
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 10:47am
Tried, but I can not find the full-match video.
skip3119
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 11:10am

Tried, but I can not find the full-match video.

I asked Alex about that; perhaps he can find the video. Or not.

Amazing thing is that the organizers of the tournament still went ahead and awarded him the silver medal (that was the age event final).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

This also made the Jim Rome show today. Here is his commentary.

"I want this ping pong player to check himself before he wrecks himself. Easy nerd, it's ping pong not karate. Just because you can school your cousins on Thanksgiving does not make you the John McEnroe of table tennis. Get in your mom's basement or hit the bricks." 

Jim Rome knows a little something about getting knocked out of his chair himself.

USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 12:23pm
For those of you wondering why this kid had a yellow card and a red card, I noticed that the OP wrote this in the comment section of Youtube:

Originally posted by Alex lomaev Alex lomaev wrote:

This umpire judged very strictly and in accordance with the rules. He gave the yellow card for a throw the bat on the floor, and the red one for the delay in the release of the table after the break. I think for this and suffered. 

So apparently he had already thrown his bat once by the time this whole thing went down.

Edit: Jim elaborated a bit on the causes of the yellow/red on page 1, but this version makes it sound like he actually threw the paddle down on the floor, not on the table.

Edited by Ringer84 - 11/21/2014 at 12:36pm
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 12:56pm
What this means?: "the red one for the delay in the release of the table after the break."      

I don't understand it.
==================

Between games, there is a break.
"Time-Out", there is a break.

What I don't understand is "the delay in the release of the table".

Edited by skip3119 - 11/21/2014 at 1:04pm
skip3119
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:17pm
For Table Tennis Any News Good, Bad, Or Otherwise

Is publicity

connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:18pm
In 2013, a badminton player had a two-year ban for chasing a player onto another court and then punching him several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqqFV3y73g
connor
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:31pm
alright - TT made the news again, maybe it will be seen as a cool sport
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 1:49pm
I thought it was a non contact sport. LOL
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 2:24pm

What this means?: "the red one for the delay in the release of the table after the break."      

I don't understand it.
==================

Between games, there is a break.
"Time-Out", there is a break.

What I don't understand is "the delay in the release of the table".

I don't think that this was what Alex said. he said that both cards were issued because player hit the table (with his paddle or maybe with his foot).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic