Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Violence in Table Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Violence in Table Tennis
    Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:56am
connor
Sponsored Links

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 2:09am
wow, that was the most rude and uncalled behavior I have seen in TT in a while. I mean, I have seen players threatening each other and make passes, etc. but why would he shove the referee/scorekeeper kid? He did not do anything wrong?

That kid deserves some heavy spanking and no pingpong for a month
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
BRYCE-G2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRYCE-G2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 2:20am
Ya i played with a few players when they perform some own mistake they will shout and hit the table. some even kick the table. if during tournament never. but during practice or during unofficial matches most of the time happen like that. 

some people are just too easily angry and frustrated with their own mistake. 
Tenergy 25
Xiom Vega Europe
Micheal Maze Off ALC
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 2:36am
wow....

kids now a day are so violence ! they need to be train 
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 2:46am
No justification for this behaviour. However, we need the full story - Igorponger where are you?
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:10am
Michael Maze: That's my boy! :D

Just kidding. :))
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:44am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

wow, that was the most rude and uncalled behavior I have seen in TT in a while. I mean, I have seen players threatening each other and make passes, etc. but why would he shove the referee/scorekeeper kid? He did not do anything wrong?

That kid deserves some heavy spanking and no pingpong for a month

My friend, you have to look the game more carefully.There is a yellow-red card on the score-board.So the kid with the bad behaviour, had done something wrong in the previous games and he got the yellow first and then the yellow-red (which gives extra point to the opponent).So this is the reason for having this bad behaviour!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 6:45am
Exactly. He was angry with the umpire for something that happened earlier in the match.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 7:44am
I am not sure what nextlevel and startas are talking about.

It absolutely does NOT matter what the prior incident was or why the player was angry. That behavior is always totally inappropriate under all circumstances. Always!
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

It absolutely does NOT matter what the prior incident was or why the player was angry. That behavior is always totally inappropriate under all circumstances. Always!
totally agree.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 8:08am
I wonder if there were any consequences for that behavior?  I have to say, I played my first tournament in 1970 (I was somewhere around the age of the kids on that video then) and I have seen a lot of strange stuff but I have never seen anything like that!  The umpire showed admirable restraint.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 8:21am

Strataras and I don't have to teach adults to think morally when people like you are around.

Someone said that the umpire did nothing - whether that is true or not is not on the tape.  You can see that the umpire gave him at least two warnings with at least one point being deducted.  It's obvious that whatever provoked the kid is not on this tape, however inappropriate his behavior may be.  That is the point strataras and I were making.  We don't have to condemn or absolve the kid to make that point.
Cybershape Carbon
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 8:40am
Well the caption in the video says it was a Kalashnikov tournament, so violence should not be unexpected...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 8:46am

NextLevel covered me with his post.But I have to ask you something else...What was in your mind when you saw mine and nextlevel's post???That we applaud the incident or we try to cover this child's move?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

NextLevel covered me with his post.But I have to ask you something else...What was in your mind when you saw mine and nextlevel's post???That we applaud the incident or we try to cover this child's move?

I saw that there could be a justification for the action. I did not think either of you applauded it, but one could read what you all wrote as there is a possibility for a justification.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 9:51am
Where are the parents?

If my kid did that I'd go out on the court, yank them out of there embarrassing them and give that kid a good ole spanking.

The scorekeeper should have decked him. He got off easy that he only threw his blade.

Edited by suds79 - 11/19/2014 at 9:53am
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 10:12am
A comment by Alex Lomaev (video OP):

"Some data (obtained from participants in these competitions): Melnichenko did so because of the fact that the judge gave him a yellow and a red card. It is said that the judge at the competition was one of the best - clearly and correctly judged at all. It seems that for this and suffered.

Now he is (I dare say) the entire Russian judiciary.

Calling from the most marginalized (ultras) of the cast of players. How will Sports-disciplinary commission FNTR react?"

I think the scorekeeper kid reacted appropriately. Although he is much bigger (maybe older) he could have put the offender in his place easily but refrained from doing so.

But here is another question... Why not put adults as scorekeepers of these tourneys? I'm sure these kids wouldn't dare touch an adult scorekeeper. I hope this kid gets a heavy reprimand. Even if the scorekeeper did officiate the match unfairly there is no reason to play it out and then push him and trying to cause a fight. A simple solution would have been get an adult ref (head official) to officiate this game.

Also, these are "Cadet" level players, they are not "Youth" level anymore so they are basically teenagers so for him to act like this is just plain ol' bullying.

P.S. he looks like the next Shibaev in making with that attitude.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/19/2014 at 10:18am
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 10:38am
If ZJK kick a lifeless board and got a 40k+ Euro fine, then I do hope this violent loser will get his fair share of punishment. He can always complaint afterward for unfair treatment (if there is any) or even yell out loud but never hit the umpire like that. The kid is not even close in score anyway. Please update us with any aftermath.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 11:52am
he needs a spanking
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 12:10pm
maybe this give TT some badly needed publicity (ala ZJK)
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 1:11pm
Well, yellow and red card notwithstanding, you just don't do that. Any smarter, he would have waited and took the guy around the corner and gave him some beating, LOL. Jk, but seriously though, I don't think it's justified no matter what the referee did Unhappy

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 11/19/2014 at 1:11pm
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I saw that there could be a justification for the action. I did not think either of you applauded it, but one could read what you all wrote as there is a possibility for a justification.

There is no justification for violence!ALL what WE ALL try to explain you is that the "tough guy" did this not because he changed his mind bad.But something had happened before and he had 2 cards.He was upset from the previous events and he acted like this.(in a totally wrong way)
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

Well, yellow and red card notwithstanding, you just don't do that. Any smarter, he would have waited and took the guy around the corner and gave him some beating, LOL. Jk, but seriously though, I don't think it's justified no matter what the referee did Unhappy

A reaction without an action is confusing. Strataras brought to our attention clues about the action. That way we can see that the boy is badly behaved, but not inexplicably insane.
Cybershape Carbon
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:03pm
Two things 
 firstly the kids needs some kind of ban from competition and he must say sorry etc or suffer more Consequences at the very least

secondly i have never ever seen or heard or even knew that 12 year old kids have these sorts of cards? are kids from this Country qualified to give cards? and if there was the possibility of trouble then the umpire could have been replaced by an adult (Im not saying the umpire did anything wrong and going on information we can see the looser had a attitude problem) 
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:13pm
The way I see it.. some kind of bad blood had to have happened earlier in the match. Violence is not justified no matter what, but for all we know the referee could have been just as much of a spaz earlier in the match. He's a kid too, after all. 

If it was unprovoked or out of nowhere, then that would mean it's likely not the first time the kid has attacked someone. And if that were the case, I doubt he would still be around playing tournaments. For curiosity's sake, I want to know what happened earlier on. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:06pm
To clarify situation - some comments from Alex's video post on YT: (liberal translation)

<Alex Lomaev>: The incident was taken up for investigation by National Federation (FNTR) ethics committee. They will not only look at the player's (and possibly his coaches') behavior but also at the fact that the chief umpire of the tournament didn't report the incident in his official tournament report to FNTR.

<ivantrains>: I know that referee. I also was at the tournament (as a ref) and I talked to the others about the incident, and was told that both cards were (properly) issued for hitting the table by the racket... also some warnings (not clear if that is said about this match or other ones) have been issued by this umpire for using inappropriate language (cursing)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by ttTurkey ttTurkey wrote:

Well the caption in the video says it was a Kalashnikov tournament, so violence should not be unexpected...

The tournament took place in Izhevsk, Russia which is the place where Kalashnikov lived and the main factory (or HQ) of the weapon-making company bearing his name is located. The tournament was dedicated to his 95-th anniversary... could have been also sponsored by the company, not sure.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

"Some data (obtained from participants in these competitions): Melnichenko did so because of the fact that the judge gave him a yellow and a red card. It is said that the judge at the competition was one of the best - clearly and correctly judged at all. It seems that for this and suffered.

Calling from the most marginalized (ultras) of the cast of players. How will Sports-disciplinary commission FNTR react?"

The more exact translation would be

"Some data (obtained from participants in these competitions): Melnichenko did so because the umpire gave him a yellow and a red card. It is said that this umpire was one of the best at the competition - he refereed clearly and correctly at all of his other matches as well. And it seems that he has suffered for that.

Now he represents (I dare say) the entire Russian umpire community, being challenged by the most marginalized (ultras) faction of players. How will Disciplinary Commission of FNTR react?"

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

The more exact translation would be

"Some data (obtained from participants in these competitions):
Melnichenko did so because the umpire gave him a yellow
and a red card. It is said that this umpire was one of
the best
at the competition - he refereed clearly and correctly at all of his other matches as well. And it seems that he has suffered for that.

Now he represents (I dare say) the entire Russian umpire community, being challenged by the most marginalized (ultras) faction of players. How will Disciplinary Commission of FNTR react?"

Yea I used google translate. Didn't feel like translating it myself.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 10:50am
Wow that was sick!Give him a Minium fine for 45.000 dollars ..... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic