Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

andro revolution QUAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mat123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: andro revolution QUAD
    Posted: 06/18/2006 at 8:47am
does anyone play with one of the quad's ? And what do/don't you like about it ?
Sponsored Links

gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 6:59pm
I've used all of the QUADs, ie. 480,450,420. I'm a close-to-table looper and use the andro JM Saive blade. I'd prefer the 450 because it suits my style of play.

The rubbers are good but IMHO has only a short life, after playing with in for one season, the rubbers are nearly dead by the end of it, so you can imagine the degradation during the season.

Since the rubber tends to go dead quicker, I did the unimaginable, I speed glued the rubber. They became alive again, but these rubbers do not like being speed glued. You'll notice the edges of the rubber start to chip away and in some instances some small rips start to happen in the middle.

I used the QUAD 420 on my back-hand and find it too slow for blocking and pushes. It is however excellent for initiating attack, ie. doing safe loops. The QUAD 480 on the other hand is excellent for people who play a very agressive game.

When hit properly, these rubbers do produce a loud 'popping' sound.
CyrusTagle5215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyrusTagle5215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 11:45pm
i have tried this quad rubbers on 3 ply yasaka blade and its amazing. The first setup i have tried with the best control and soft feeling. Easy to loop and create topspin. Try this one! iTs good ...
Stiga Offensive CR - Flared Handle
FH - Bryce FX 2.1 Black
BH - Sriver EL 2.1 Red
Stiga Carbo Glue
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2006 at 9:44pm
Try Tibhar Rapid Direct Tech. It's soft yet fast. It produces a lot of sound, too.
mat123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 8:23am
gundam or someone else how did you stop the edges from clipping?
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 11:12am
you can't -- the rubbers just don't last that long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic