Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stiga now have metal tags on their other blades!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga now have metal tags on their other blades!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga now have metal tags on their other blades!
    Posted: 12/03/2014 at 5:51pm
hmm I'm glad Stiga finally implemented on using metal tags on the handles of their blades. First it was the Emerald VPS and now rosewood, ebenholz and infinity all have the metal logo. The quality has increased too with thinner NCT coating and it doesn't feel as rough as before.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 6:40pm
Yogi, you posted three photos none of which show these metal tags... what's with that, my friend?? are they hidden and their location is known only to the manufacturer? Big smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 6:52pm
try to look at the 1st one, the handle has a metal logo and not a plastic one jim hehehe. ill try to post better pics later
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:00pm
Did they include a metal logo on the bottom for the Infinity VPS?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

try to look at the 1st one, the handle has a metal logo and not a plastic one jim hehehe. ill try to post better pics later

Do you mean that the lens in the handle (side, not butt) is made of metal? sheesh...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:13pm
actually both jim but i dont have the butt side. so im gonna take a better pic today. was excited last night and took pics at home lol

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:17pm

QA seems to be up at Stiga. Good to see the metal and not plastic. Now if they would just get rid of that cheesy little paper sticker on the bottom of the handle for ALL their blades.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:18pm
frogger, i hope so! right now it's limited to just a few blades. infinity has a metal logo and tag too

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:40pm
According to Guoqiuhui, Ebenholz V/VII, Rosewood V/VII/XO, Clipper Rosewood VII are among the first to get the new face-lift.  It is also reported that the coating has been done away with.  The handle/grip type is now moved from the lens to the top ply.

Glad to see that Stiga is listening to the crowd, or market share speaks louder.

Edited by zeio - 12/03/2014 at 7:49pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 3:07am
I own an Emerald and I don't like the metal tag at all. In my 27 years playing tabletennis (and owned a lot of blades), I always had the tag on my forehand (so outwards when you hold the blade). But I got irritated by the metal tag of the Emerald as I didn't like the feel of the letters on my fingers. So I turned the blade with the tag inwards.

Offcourse this isn't a big deal as the blade still plays great!
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 6:29am
It seems like STIGA gets stronger and stronger and will probably be the World number 1 table tennis company within a relatively near future! I am extremely impressed with all their great work!
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 7:28am
When a company listens to their customers and does some thing, that is great.
Shifter
slowloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

When a company listens to their customers and does some thing, that is great.

How long did it take them to listen ? 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2014 at 9:48pm
there! added much clearer pics (2)

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 6:41am
Great pictures! 
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 7:10am
Should also listen to customer as regards conic handle. Discontinue the discontinuation.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 10:08am
I would prefer the handles of these Latest & Greatest Stiga "Higher Ends" to be little more presentable & competitive in finishing/craftsmanship & looks verse the likes of, say, Butterfly Photino, Amultart, JM, Viscaria, TBS & the rest of the ALCs....
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 11:42am
I was awestruck when I received my latest Clipper. It was the first Stiga blade I ever received that was sanded smooth. On par with Nittaku, BTY, Donic blades. Many Stiga blades I have purchased in the past had horrible finishing. Good going Stiga!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I was awestruck when I received my latest Clipper. It was the first Stiga blade I ever received that was sanded smooth. On par with Nittaku, BTY, Donic blades. Many Stiga blades I have purchased in the past had horrible finishing. Good going Stiga!

where'd you buy it from (if you don't mind my asking)? I was thinking of buying one for my daughter and would prefer the newer ones.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

where'd you buy it from (if you don't mind my asking)? I was thinking of buying one for my daughter and would prefer the newer ones.

I bought it from Paddle Palace. I requested one under 90gr and the one they sent me was 86gr.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 2:02pm
Frogger, does it have the new handle inlay and emblem on the handle but ?
Shifter
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

Frogger, does it have the new handle inlay and emblem on the handle but ?

No it did not. Same plastic and paper sticker on the bottom of handle.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2014 at 7:46pm
Is the autographs from the Chines team? Smile 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2014 at 12:03am

and how does it play? better?, mine is worse that last year clipper

Edited by bbkon - 12/11/2014 at 12:20am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2014 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

Is the autographs from the Chines team? Smile 

yan an, FZD, XX and Zhu Yuling

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

It plays great. I love the fat ST. grip!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2014 at 11:22am

what about the bounce and feel?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2014 at 12:16pm

Yesh man. It plays fast with a medium feel. Vibration is good enough to feel ball impact strength Great for mid/away loop. Loops near the table are more difficult. A small amount of flex. Short game is good, blocking is better with this blade due to thickness and speed. A bit fast for me but I can adjust that with rubber type/thickness. Love Love Love the grip.   
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

harveyaquino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harveyaquino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 11:09pm

Yesh man. It plays fast with a medium feel. Vibration is good enough to feel ball impact strength Great for mid/away loop. Loops near the table are more difficult. A small amount of flex. Short game is good, blocking is better with this blade due to thickness and speed. A bit fast for me but I can adjust that with rubber type/thickness. Love Love Love the grip.   

What Clipper did you get sir? I'm planning to buy Clipper CC at the moment and wanted reviews of it.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:33pm
Does the new Infinity have NCT coating? 
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic