Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wave Drive 7 and A3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wave Drive 7 and A3
    Posted: 01/11/2015 at 1:32am
With the soles of my shoes once again bottoming out, I decided to start shopping around for new shoes and I noticed these new Mizuno shoes on tt-japan!  I am particularly interested in the Wave Drive 7, does anyone have them yet?  

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2227:3027189b0bc0456e00b7c2ce9ceae98a

I'm especially curious to know how they compare to the Wave Drive 6 in terms of weight.  I'd also like to know if there are any notable changes in the design or if it's mostly a cosmetic upgrade.

Wave Drive A3 is also a new item on tt-japan it seems, although personally I'm not a fan of its color scheme...

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2228:b31f40fed2a7832d90dd86862a0099dd

Edited by schen - 01/11/2015 at 1:33am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 2:00am
The A3 are already available in the Mizuno shops in Shenyang (China). I saw them last week when I was there but this model is only available with these particular colors, so I took the A2 and also asics attack excounter (not available in Europe) which are both great shoes.

Edited by kakapo - 01/11/2015 at 2:01am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 6:23am
Don't like the colors of the A3 either. I have the A2 at the moment, but for me the shoe lacks support.
It's very light but I think the materials are too soft/flexible to provide good support. As the A3 is even lighter, I know for sure the A3 is not for me :)

Thinking about getting the Medal 4 or SP2, but also looking at Excounter or Bladelyte3.
I have a bit wider feet and I know Mizuno shoes are suitable for wider feet.

@kakapo, can you tell something about the excounter vs mizuno?
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 8:53am
A3 looks like one of those Nike shoes. hahaha
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Don't like the colors of the A3 either. I have the A2 at the moment, but for me the shoe lacks support.
It's very light but I think the materials are too soft/flexible to provide good support. As the A3 is even lighter, I know for sure the A3 is not for me :)

Thinking about getting the Medal 4 or SP2, but also looking at Excounter or Bladelyte3.
I have a bit wider feet and I know Mizuno shoes are suitable for wider feet.

@kakapo, can you tell something about the excounter vs mizuno?

I used to play with energy force V and VI but these models are not more produced so I began with Mizuno wave medal 3 which were perfect regarding grip.

The A2 are really top ones regarding flexibility: I'd say 10/10.
They are not heavy and have a good grip.

The attack excounter are for me the most beautiful TT shoes in the world, have a top grip, good flexibility but are a little bit too flat and I have to put another insole otherwise it is too hard if you play on other hard surfaces. If you play on taraflex, the shoes are perfect.  

I think I will play more with the Mizuno this year.                
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 4:33am
Mizuno sponsored player, Yuya Oshima, was using a silver/blue version of this new A3 shoes at Team World Cup. I hope it's avaliable on stores soon..

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 4:43am
from that picture, it seems like more of a silver/gold/purple color scheme...  I must have it.  Approve

Edited by schen - 01/12/2015 at 4:43am

Dynasty / H3 / H3
regomellor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 5:58pm
Too much plastic in these A's besides their known few cushioning. They are clearly designed for technic floors. I'm going with Wave medal 4. 
I love their look though

Edited by regomellor - 03/20/2015 at 6:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 6:00pm
The new Lezolite TB looks nice too. It seems like Butterfly shoes aren't Asics anymore. Their own new  technology?

Edited by regomellor - 03/20/2015 at 6:18pm
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 6:03pm
I bought the Wave Drive A3 for my wife. It has the same sole (and grip) as the Wave Drive Ace she uses (that is worn out). Cost is around 11,000 yen or $90. It seems virtually identical to the original except for the color scheme.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 6:10pm
Yes, of course. The sole is clearly the same. So, too flat for me. My 40 years old knees don't like it LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 6:11pm
I'll tell you about the wave medal 4 when i receive them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 6:16pm
Niceeeeee

New-MIZUNO-WAVE-MEDAL-4-81GA1415-62-White-Black-Red-285-From-JaPaNNew-MIZUNO-WAVE-MEDAL-4-81GA1415-62-White-Black-Red-285-From-JaPaN
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 10:39pm
just buy futsal shoes and call it a day. Kids are treating tt shoes like they're jordans or something lmao.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 12:21am
Originally posted by regomellor regomellor wrote:

Too much plastic in these A's besides their known few cushioning. They are clearly designed for technic floors. I'm going with Wave medal 4. 
I love their look though

you're making me droolClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 8:38am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

just buy futsal shoes and call it a day. Kids are treating tt shoes like they're jordans or something lmao.

Futsal are too hard and flat for me, too, so why not buying tt shoes? Specially nowadays they start to look good Wink
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 4:47pm
The ideal amount of cushioning is a personal preference perhaps dictated by weight. I don't think table tennis shoes are designed for heavier people. You can always take out the original insole and put a more substantial insole in. May need half a cm larger size though...
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 9:25pm
After many years using Mizuno Wave Drives or Asics Hyperbeats and I'm very demanding about my tt gear I found a good replacement that I can find easily at my country.. Nike Gato Pro 2, it's an indoor soccer shoes but it's very soft (natural leather), flexible and also has a good cushioning. There's also another version, Lunar Gato (more expensive) that is also very good.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2015 at 1:06am

My first Wave medal series, also waiting for Wave drive 7 next month.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2015 at 2:09am
From the sole, Wave Medal 4 looks like a lower end shoe.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 1:42pm
Joola Rapid looks like rebranded Mizuno Wave Medal 4, only cheaper.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 2:08pm
I want Joola Rapid, but they only go up to 45. I needs da 46!
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:15pm
i have limited edition lunar gato 2. they're good, but harder/less flexible than TT shoes and not as grippy.

i like them a lot,  and they work fine for most cases, but for serious play, i still wear tt shoes
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 1:13am
imo, go wave medals. they're thicker and more durable though you don't get as much control. wave drive A series definitely for pros. max flexibility and thinnest sole for complete control in maneuvering. they wear out relatively fast though even playing 100% gerflor
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 7:18am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

My first Wave medal series, also waiting for Wave drive 7 next month.
Please can you review them?
I still don't have mine because japan stores don't have my size in this colour at this moment (i don't like blue/white ones) and europe stores are a lot more expensive so i'm waiting to get them
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 8:49am

Niceeeeee

New-MIZUNO-WAVE-MEDAL-4-81GA1415-62-White-Black-Red-285-From-JaPaNNew-MIZUNO-WAVE-MEDAL-4-81GA1415-62-White-Black-Red-285-From-JaPaN

I have purchased these shoes about couple months ago, moving from Wave drive 6.

First of all WD6 Were SUPERB IMHO, very light, highly ventilated, supper grippy and very comfortable. Although... After maybe 4(?) months, part of my bottom sole separaed from the rest while playing. I managed to use some kind of super glue and got it back together. Besides that fact, I had WD6 for about couple of years and I would not hesitate to recommend them to other players. Got them from legit source, no fake possibility.

In my bag I have two side pockets for shoes so I decided to go ahead and get WM4. Compared to WD6 These are a little (yes, just a little) heavier, more comfortable and feel more solid. Seems like foot sits deeper inside the shoe and grips to the floor a little better. You have to watch out for the sizing tho... Ordered same size as my WD6 and the shoe is a tad wider and it feels more "roomy". I am also not too sure bout the ventilation as well. Your foot can breathe but I think that the WD 6 were better in this aspect. Visually I prefer the WM4 better. I am going to stick with them and see whet happens. I was also tempted to get asics TT shoes but was a little affraid about sizing. Hard to buy shoes without measuring them first.

Just my $0,02...

*Madridista*

My Feedback
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 4:46pm

The new Lezolite TB looks nice too. It seems like Butterfly shoes aren't Asics anymore. Their own new  technology?

Anyone tried it?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 5:34pm
I have them and will be making a promotional video of them for Butterfly North America.

They are sized rather large.  I am a size 10 and needed size 9.  Otherwise they're pretty comfortable and wide!

Dynasty / H3 / H3
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I have them and will be making a promotional video of them for Butterfly North America.

They are sized rather large.  I am a size 10 and needed size 9.  Otherwise they're pretty comfortable and wide!

Does it have good cushion like Energy Force 10 or 12 ?
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2015 at 2:38am
Timo is wearing them at WTTC now. Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic