Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Translate this training video (from Japanese)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makoto Tsukimoto View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makoto Tsukimoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Translate this training video (from Japanese)
    Posted: 01/12/2015 at 12:56pm

Really want to know what Matsu says and teach... but I don't speak japenese Ermm
Someone can write it in english words?
Or gives a summary, would be great.

Ty
Defplay Senso, Acuda S2 2 mm, Neptune 0.7 mm - Aggressive Chopper
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 5:32pm
Here's the full version of an older one with koji. My Japanese is not nearly as good as it used to be, I cant even really grasp what's going on in detail other than watching closely when he does a side by side comparison of a bad shot and good shot. I would pay large sums of money for this video to have subtitles. I would also kill for the newer Donic training video with Masato Shiono. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgboCO1bczg

Edit: I can't get it to embed

Edited by beeray1 - 01/12/2015 at 5:37pm
Makoto Tsukimoto View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makoto Tsukimoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 6:20am
We should contact an interpreter.
I will try to find one Lamp

For the embed a video if you don't know: you have to paste just the code of the video and not the whole link. The code is BgboCO1bczg between [TUBE][/TUBE].

Defplay Senso, Acuda S2 2 mm, Neptune 0.7 mm - Aggressive Chopper
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 9:21am
This is also a very good serving instruction video
from Legout. Anyone speak French can translate this
for us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYLGcAhm1Y
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 7:36am
I'll give a go at translating it. Keep in mind my Japanese is far from perfect, and I'll have to guess at a few of the things he says. My translation notes will be in brackets.

=======================================================
Okay, let's do chops (he says cuts) next.

Let's start with forehand chops.

For chops, you are returning the balls hit by the opponent standing away from the table.

If the opponent hits it "hyakyuu" (I'm guessing this means 100%, with all your might, or like to go all in), you have to return it "hyakyuu". 

For that purpose, if you don't have the proper form, your chops won't "antei" (the word means stability, so I guess he means your chops won't be stable?? consistent??)

First, the important parts of the forehand chop are having your left foot forward and transferring your body weight correctly.

We often see players chopping with their legs side by side. If you have your legs side by side, you can't properly transfer your body weight. You'll accidentally lower your shoulder, and your racket face will naturally look up.

So, when a drive or a smash comes, you'll naturally have your racket face up, so when you chop it, it'll go out.
=======================================================

Okay.. well that's up to 1:10 translated. Is this useful? I can try translate it all but it doesn't seem like he's saying anything special. Let me know. Maybe someone with better Japanese would like to chime in instead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic